Your Reliable Supplier of the Best Quality and Durable Biosafety Cabinet Class 2.
Sunnyda comes on the list of leading worldwide laboratory equipment and clean room manufacturers and suppliers. To cope up with the biosafety level requirements, we supply a highly efficient, low energy consuming, premium-quality, and durable biohazard safety cabinet. Also, our goal is to consider your convenience along with your safety.
You can use our Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 in microbiological research labs when dealing with toxic gases, fumes, or chemicals. Sunnyda has manufactured this equipment to acquire the protection of the sample, surrounding environment, and the operating personnel. Also, you can use it to generate highly sterilized environments for completing sensitive procedures.
We select the most suitable materials and procedures to construct our products, then design them using the latest and upgraded features. Finally, we perform multiple tests to validate the normal and efficient functioning of the product, and also to check the condition of every component. HEPA filters, glass windows, and stainless steel construction are some of the common features of our Biosafety Cabinet Class 2. For your safety, some safety alarms and sensors will be surely present in our products.
Sunnyda is your ultimate choice if you are searching for a Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 loaded with beneficial features, affordable pricing, and versatile applications. Our extensive product range covers the laminar flow cabinet, HEPA fan filter unit, clean benches, downflow booths, and much more.
To get your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 delivered to your place, consider Sunnyda and confirm your order by contacting our customer care service. Always mention your special customization features to get the most suitable product within an affordable price range.
|Model No||BHC-1200A2 BHC-1200A2 BHC-1300B2 BHC-1400B2|
|Cleanliness||ISO5 (Class100) ISO4 (Class10)|
|Filter||HEPA/ULPA ≥99.995~99.999% @0.3μm|
|Down Flow Velocity||0.26～0.46m/s 0.26～0.46m/s 0.26～0.46m/s 0.26～0.46m/s|
|Power Supply||AC 220V/50Hz|
|Air Tightness||Leakage≤ 10% under 500pa pressure (within 25 minutes)|
|Weight||310 360 320 370 KG|
|Working Area W*D*H||1000*620*620 1300*620*620 1000*620*620 1300*620*620 (mm)|
|Size W*D*H||1200*780*2160 1500*780*2160 1200*780*2410 1500*780*2410 (mm)|
|Spec and Quantity of Air Filter||1040*445*50 1340*445*50 1040*445*50 1340*445*50|
|Spec and Quantity of Exhaust Air Filter||665*410*50 965*410*50 665*430*90 965*430*90|
|Spec and Quantity of Fluorescent Light||30W 40W 30W 40W|
|Spec and Quantity of UV Light||30W 40W 30W 40W|
|Air Supply and Exhaust Pipe Diameter||Φ250mm Φ250mm|
|Air Direction||Ejection injection|
|Remarks||30%Air exhaust 100%Air exhaust|
Biosafety Cabinet Class 2-An Ultimate Buying Guide by Sunnyda.
Toxic or corrosive chemicals, very high or low pressure, extreme temperatures, and different biological hazards present in your laboratory require effective safety equipment such as the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2.
It is laboratory equipment that is used to protect the environment, sample, and the operator, with the action of the HEPA/ULPA filters, exhaust system, and minimum cross-contamination.
Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 is used to deal with the critical handling of pathogenic biological samples. You can also install it for establishing a sterile working area for processes that require an extremely sterilized or clean environment.
On the basis of the difference between the exhaust system and the inflow velocities, it can be categorized into four types; A1, A2, B1, and B2.
To discover its features, usage, operation, and construction, read this buying guide. You will also know about different accessories or customizable features to make it effective and suitable according to your application.
Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 Type A2 B1
What is a Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
The Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 or the BSC Class 2 is used for environmental, personnel, and sample protection.
It is a ventilated enclosure that traps the pathogenic microorganisms from the working area via the action of clean room HEPA filters.
The protection of the environment is done by its highly efficient HEPA or ULPA filtered exhaust system, which not just filters the incoming air but also exhausts purely filtered air.
Depending upon its different subdivisions, sometimes, the air is exhausted through the ducting to an externally attached ventilation system, however, sometimes; the filtered air is directly exhausted again into the laboratory.
The sample is protected using the filter downflow which establishes an ISO Class 3 working area that reduces the risk of cross-contamination. Also, for protecting the user, it comes with an inflow.
For covering minimum working space in your laboratory, you can use Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 with the laminar airflow.
Sunnyda Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
What are the Features of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
Some prominent features of the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 include:
- It is compatible with the NSF 49, EN 12469 standards.
- Single or multiple-price work trays options are available.
- Comes in various sizes for different sized areas.
- Self-adjusting airflow is available, regardless of the high filter load or changes in voltage.
- Sterilization using the UV lamp.
- For indicating a low or high airflow, an airflow sensor is present.
- To detect and notify about harmful sash conditions, alarms are available in Biosafety Cabinet Class 2.
- For comfortable working, a high armrest is available, which doesn’t block the grille area.
- Filter clogging detection on the main control panel screen.
- Timed UV light operation.
Anti-Rust SS Working Table of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
What are the Specifications of the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
Some technical specifications of this Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 include:
- 48±0.025m/S Inflow Velocity
- 35 M/S Downflow Velocity
- 995% Efficient HEPA Filter
- 99 Air Tightness
- ISO 5 Class
- 700x600x1300mm Working Area
- 800x 2120x1500mm Total Dimension
- ≤3μm Vibration Half Peak
- 400 To 700 W Power Consumption
- 30w Fluorescent Lamp
- ≤65db(A) Average Noise Level
- 70% Air Recirculation
- 30% Exhaust Air
- AC Single-Phase Power
- 2 Filter Units
- 220v/50hz Voltage
Efficient HEPA Filter of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
What are the Accessories Compatible with a Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
Some commonly used accessories with Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 include the following:
Whether you want to perform procedures while sitting or standing, a stand will elevate the work surface for about 30 to 37 inches.
These stands are available in electric and manual systems. They are available in unlimited settings, while you can adjust the manual stands to 1 inch.
The rolling caster stand is used to avail a comfortable working surface with 34 inches height, specifically for seated procedures. It is constructed to reduce the movement of the cabinet while it is cleaned.
Ultraviolet light is a safe way to disinfect your cabinet, for a better-sterilized environment. It is already installed and comes in the delivery package.
The UV light completely sterilizes the entire body and work surface, this sterilization should be done before and after operating your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2.
Footrest and Armrest:
A support for your forearm made of stainless steel which also provides extra reach into the cabinet, without disrupting the normal airflow will be available in your order.
To brace your feet when sitting, you can add a footrest.
Caster Kit for Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 Base Stand
What are the Operational Requirements of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
It is important for the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 to comply with the operational requirements to protect the personnel, product, and environment.
Some of the most important operational instructions are:
- There should be proper air inflow from the front access opening for the formation of an air curtain that helps in the protection of the work chamber from exposure to contaminants into the chamber or release of harmful aerosol particles out of it.
- Smooth and unidirectional HEPA filtered airflow must be ensured in a vertically downwards direction for maintaining the sterility of the work area.
- Ensure complete and uninterrupted outflow of HEPA filtered air from the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 via the exhaust.
Airflow Pattern of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
Why is Classification of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 Necessary?
Here are some reasons that serve as the base to classify a Biosafety Cabinet Class 2:
- Construction and Designing
- Type of Air Flow
- Exhaust System
One thing common in all these types is the need for contamination-free plenums and ducts to maintain with negative pressure.
Exhaust System of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
What are the Different Types of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
A Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 has two different types classified based on its configuration and construction, which are Type A and Type B biosafety cabinets.
This classification is on the basis of the percentage of the exhausted air to that of the recirculated air from the common air plenum.
Various cabinet types have different exhaust sources; some require duct connection with the external ventilation system while others don’t.
Type A Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 category is further divided into 2 sub-categories; A1 and A2. These cabinet types allow 70% air recirculation and 30% exhaustion of the total inflow.
They do not provide any protection against the harmful gases and vapors which makes them most suitable to be used in applications having sterile condition requirements without involving the use of volatile chemicals.
Type A2 biosafety cabinets are slightly better than Type A1 cabinets because they offer increased air velocity for enhanced protection and can also be used for applications involving the use of volatile chemicals in trace amounts.
Type B Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 category is also further divided into 2 sub-categories; B1 and biosafety cabinet class 2 type b2.
These biosafety cabinet types are most suitable for applications requiring the use of volatile chemicals and radionuclides in large quantities.
You must connect these cabinets to the building’s exhaust system for protecting the users from gases and vapors.
Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 Type B2
How Does the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 Work?
A Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 uses motor-driven blowers that are preinstalled in it. These fans attract a uniformly directed airflow mass into the air grille and also in the area surrounding the operator for the safety of the user.
Now, this air travels under the work surface and then again onto the upper surface. From there, air enters the HEPA filters.
Now, sterile air filtered air from the HEPA filter is blown onto the items, and procedure to remove contaminants, in a downwards direction.
Finally, the air exhausts via the HEPA filter, where it either enters an exhaust system or to go out from the building, or recirculates back into the controlled room.
Working Principle of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
What are the Applications of the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
A class ii biological safety cabinet is used for the following applications:
- It is used to protect the sample or product.
- It is used to provide protection to the environment.
- You can use it to avail safety to the operator.
- It reduces the chances of cross-contamination.
- It is commonly involved in safely dealing with hazardous materials.
- Various clinical research centers and laboratories require this equipment.
Applications of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
How is a Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 Better Than Biosafety Cabinet Class 1?
A Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 is better than the biosafety cabinet class 1 in the following ways:
- It prevents contamination of the entire system, due to the absence of inward airflow.
- You can use it for versatile applications.
- It also protects your equipment from various contaminants.
Biosafety Cabinet Class 1
What are the Major Parts of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
Some major parts of the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 are:
- HEPA filter to filter the air, resulting in the generation of a clean environment.
- An easy-to-use digital display control panel that allows you to adjust various settings including pressure, temperature, etc.
- Sockets to fulfill the plug-in needs of the processes being performed.
- The primary filter is the accessory filter that reduces the filtration load on the HEPA filter.
- UV lamp to sterilize the working area for establishing a sterilized environment.
- An easy-to-adjust differential gauge that measures and maintains a suitable pressure.
- Universal wheels to aid in the movement of this equipment between different spaces.
- Luminous fluorescent lamp for easy sighting in this equipment.
- 304 Stainless steel work zone to prevent corrosion and rusting.
- A glass sliding door to facilitate the easy operation of this equipment.
- A motor with a copper inner core, which saves energy, and produces low heat and noise.
Luminous Fluorescent Lamp for Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
How is a Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 Type C1 Unique from Others?
The minimum inflow velocity requirement from the sash opening of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 Type C1 is around 105 fpm.
This cabinet is different because it can be used as two types in two different conditions. In an air recirculation mode, it acts as a Type A cabinet while in the air exhaust mode, it acts as a Type B cabinet.
Interchanging between both these types is easy and can be done in minimum time just by adding or removing the exhaust system.
So, this type of cabinet will be most suitable for those who want to get both: the Type A and Type B cabinets for their application.
The working area of the Type C1 cabinet has proper space for storage; also the work area features a direct exhaust system necessary when working with hazardous substances.
A Lab Operator is Working in Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 Type C1
How to Customize your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
Customization of your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 can be done using the following attachments:
- Service Port For Vacuum
- UV Lights
- Setting the Size According to your Space
UV light of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
What are the Benefits of the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 for your Applications?
A Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 is designed in a way to offer maximum comfort level to the user for preventing work fatigue.
As a result, a safe working posture is guaranteed for the user.
It also has a sloped window making sure that the user is working in a comfortable and efficient posture.
A front window is also installed in it for allowing the user to completely access the front chamber.
You can easily clean this window and ensure a safe and contamination-free entrance of various accessories and materials into the chamber.
The side windows are made out of transparent glass to ensure maximum light intensity reaching the workspace. As a result, the visibility of the user is improved and the workspace seems more spacious.
A Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 provides maximum personnel, material, and environment protection by reducing the possibilities of users’ exposure to airborne biological microorganisms.
Transparent Glass of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
How is an Automatic Door Beneficial in your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
Au automatic door system provides the given benefits in Biosafety Cabinet Class 2:
The best thing about automatic doors is that they allow natural light to enter the working environment and improve workers’ visibility.
As a result, workers can easily perform their tasks in bright light and avoid vision disruption issues.
Smooth Traffic Flow:
Opening and closing doors are quite simple, then what is the need for automatic doors?
These doors help in making traffic flow smoother by eliminating the need to close a door in areas where there is heavy traffic flow.
You don’t have to use your hands when it comes to automatic doors which is why they are more user-friendly.
Workers find automatic doors easy and better because they don’t have to touch the door which reduces the chances of contamination on their hands or even gloves.
Reduce Germs Spread:
The spread of germs results in the spread of infections from one person to the other and ultimately spread to the whole community.
To prevent this in the lab environment, automatic doors are installed in the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 which eliminates the touchpoint from where everyone can catch the germs.
As a result, it helps in creating a safe environment for the people working in the controlled environment.
Smooth traffic flow ultimately adds efficiency to the process being carried out in a controlled environment.
Even saving a few seconds of opening and closing doors can be utilized in giving minutes to the work being performed. As a result, you can complete your work more efficiently.
Low Noise Level
Automatic doors help in noise level reduction because they eliminate slamming doors and are also helpful in blocking noise coming from other sources.
As a result, the working environment in and around your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 becomes more productive and pleasant for your workers.
Flip Down Control Panel of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
Which Type of Blowers is Present in Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
Two common types of blower motors are DC and AC. The Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 mostly comes with a DC motor which saves 70% energy in comparison to the AC motor.
The benefit of a DC motor is that it is energy efficient, and is available at an affordable price.
But the drawback is that it is incapable of supplying high power that can reduce the filter load in your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2. This causes frequent replacement of the HEPA filter.
In contrast to the DC motor, an AC motor is more costly but is strong enough to decrease the load on HEPA filters, resulting in longer life of these filters.
So the biggest advantage of an AC motor is the adjustable speed to cut down the filter’s resistance, enhancing its life.
Powerful Blower of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
Why are Triple Filters Preferred in the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
The triple HEPA filter system is made up of two sets of HEPA filters. This means that the air travels through both these sets, finally resulting in precisely filtered air that has the least probability of contamination in the sterile room.
This is the reason why manufacturers integrate the triple HEPA filter in cabinets dealing with viruses, cytostatics, and other pathogens of category 3.
These are easy to maintain and don’t require decontamination before operation.
Triple HEPA Filter System of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
What is the Purpose of Unidirectional Air Flow in Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
Various purposes of the unidirectional airflow in the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 include:
- For the protection of sensitive procedures and items from harmful particulates.
- The exposure of the process by purely only clean air.
- No generation of particles throughout the process.
- Removal of particles generated from the procedures.
Unidirectional Air Flow in Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
What is the Role of HEPA Filters in Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
A HEPA filter is an efficient filter that traps 99.97% of particles of size 0.3 microns or larger than that. But this does not mean that the HEPA filter can’t trap particulates smaller than this size.
Because some HEPA filters do have a threshold lower than 0.3 microns so they can trap particles of size equal to their threshold size.
HEPA filters of your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 make a complex web of fibers and trap the air contaminants. There are four different ways used by these filters to trap the particulate matter: Diffusion, Sieving, Inertial Impaction, and Interception.
For trapping large-sized contaminants sieving and inertial impaction trapping methods are used. In these methods, there is a collision between the fibers and the particles which results in their trapping.
Or, particles get trapped automatically when they try to pass through the web. The interception method is best for medium-sized particles because these particles by enclosed by fibers as they move through the filter.
Small-sized particles collide with the fiber and are dissipated during the fiber-crossing process.
Role of HEPA Filter in Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
What Factors to Consider When Purchasing your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 from a Manufacturer?
When purchasing Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 from your manufacturer, always consider the following things:
- The size of the cabinet must be spacious enough to easily accommodate the materials needed for your application.
- It should consume less energy and deliver the best filtration results.
- The type of procedure you will be performing.
- The type of cabinet that has all the features and components suitable for your application, for this purpose, you can perform a risk assessment.
- The microbial agents and hazardous materials are involved in the process.
- The nature of chemicals, and their reactivity and effects.
- What type of protection do you want to achieve; such as for the operator, environment, or only the product.
- The material used in constructing this Biosafety Cabinet Class 2.
- Prefer stainless steel construction for common applications to acquire protection against rusting and corrosion.
- Choose epoxy coating or 316L stainless steel for highly specialized procedures.
- The method of designing the equipment which affects its life cleaning frequency, and durability.
- The height of the window should be spacious enough to place your hands to easily access the cabinet.
- The materials you need to place inside your cabinet, and how much space will they occupy.
- The dimensions and material of the work surface.
- Whether your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 requires the UV lamp or not.
- Which chemicals are suitable to be used for cleaning your equipment?
- The availability of safety alarms and sensors for the safety of the user and the equipment both.
316 L Stainless Steel for Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
What are the Safety Practices Performed When Using a Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
A Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 requires the fulfillment of proper safety measures and protocols.
The CDC recommends the practicing of the given safety practices to prevent contamination, deal with splatter, protection of operators from particulates, and handling of aerosols.
- Always keep the items at a minimum 12 inches distance from the activities resulting in aerosols formation.
- Organize the tasks from the level of high cleanliness to low cleanliness.
- Avoid using open flames to avoid disturbances in the airflow inside your cabinet.
- Finally, when you are done using your cabinet, use strong cleaners to decontaminate it.
- Always gas decontaminates your unit after its servicing, movement, or even after replacement of its parts. This gas decontamination can be done using formaldehyde or any other poisonous gas.
Safety Protocol of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
What is the Purpose of the Control Panel in your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
The purposes of the control panel in your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2 are:
- Easy and simple operation of the equipment.
- Changing the settings, such as temperature, pressure, and others.
- Switching between different operational modes.
- Indication of alarms or providing other safety alerts.
- To adjust the brightness or lightning.
- Icons to control the sockets.
- Displaying or transferring all the operational data to a master storage server or a computer device.
Controller of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
Which Alarms are Present in your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2?
There are two types of alarms present in your Biosafety Cabinet Class 2; audible and visual alarms.
The purpose of these alarms is to indicate the unsuitable airflow variation or to notify about the wrong positioning of windows.
You can get the depiction of the faulty state in the form of text or audio notification, and also can get a better explanation about what is the type of problem.
In the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2, you will find alarms for pressure, temperature, or airflow variations.
Sash Alarm of Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
Now that you have complete information about the construction, functioning, application, and benefits of the Biosafety Cabinet Class 2, you can use it in the most beneficial way.
Always pay great attention to the safety of this equipment along with the safety of the operator using it, to stay protected from a bigger loss.
Also, never compromise on the maintenance, servicing, and repairing schedules as provided in the instructional manual provided by your supplier.
Only allow trained and professional operators to operate this equipment not just to prevent its malfunctioning, but also to obtain effective results in the best way.
100% Quality Tested and Sturdy Biosafety Cabinet Class 2