Your Top Class Manufacturer and Supplier of Prime Quality Downflow Booths.
Sunnyda manufactures and delivers top-quality clean room and laboratory supplies that can be used for your different industrial applications. Whether you want to achieve a clean environment, different gowning products, or are searching for products to get rid of contaminants from your bodies or clothes, we are there for you. Some of our famous clean room supplies include modular clean room, portable clean room, portable air shower, clean room walls, GMP clean room, stainless steel pass-through windows the Downflow Booths, and many more.
You can use our Downflow Booths to minimize the problems caused by hazardous substances, by establishing a suitable environment. Sunnyda offers you two configuration options that are re-circulatory and single-pass once through. These booths are made up of high-quality filters which are responsible for filtering the incoming air and are filled with multiple features that can be used for a variety of your applications.
We offer a wide range of medical equipment that can be used to make your industrial environment, processes, and workers contamination-free. Our prime quality Downflow Booths are best suitable for acquiring a controlled environment when handling hazardous materials. Sunnyda also offers you a variety of customization solutions to make your product exactly according to your industrial requirements and applications.
If you want to buy Downflow Booths for your medical industry, contact Sunnyda. Let us know any customization you want to be done so that we can come up with a product most suitable for your application. Our online customer service is 24/7 available to help you out.
|ISO 5 (Class 100), Class A
|99.999% efficiency at 0.3 um
|Supply Air Volume: ≤7510m3/h
Exhaust Air Volume: ≤2260m3/h
|Emission of 255.7
|16W*4 & 14W*2
|LED , Illumination:≥500lux
|AC220V±10%, 50/60Hz; 110V±10%, 60Hz
|Work Area Size (W*D*H)mm
|Package Size (W*D*H)kg
Downflow Booths-An Ultimate Buying Guide by Sunnyda.
Are you looking for special equipment to protect the users or for the safety of the open handling processes, the Downflow Booths are the perfect choice to go for.
It is a booth that offers protection to the operator during charging or weighing of powder into bulk containers, or for the sampling purpose.
Whether you want to install these booths in the chemical, pharmaceutical, or electronic industry, they will work efficiently.
They are available in different configurations for achieving different functions. Along with numerous basic features, you will also get the freedom to customize it as per your industrial requirements.
Downflow Booths require maintained and monitored conditions such as controlled temperature, pressure, or humidity, to complete the function normally.
This buying guide presents plenty of information regarding the features, specifications, operation, and installation of this product, so let’s get into the details.
Interior of Downflow Booth
What are the Downflow Booths?
The Downflow Booths offer maximum protection to the operator when dealing with a contamination-free process.
They provide minimum operator exposure levels to save the user from harmful emissions that are present inside a controlled environment.
Due to modular construction, you can easily adjust their sizes even after being installed on the site.
They consist of energy-efficient blowers, LED lights, and gel-sealed filters to provide multiple filtration and airflow options.
You may avail of the re-circulatory or the single-pass airflow depending upon your choice, and compatibility with the surrounding space.
For enhanced microbial protection, get the ones coated with good quality antimicrobial powders.
Just make sure that you replace the old filters with new ones, within the suggested time, if you want to keep it efficient.
For the user’s convenience, the manufacturers design these with such features that result in low noise production levels, less than 75 dBa.
Sunnyda ISO 5 Class 100 Downflow Booth
What are the Key Features of the Downflow Booths?
Some key features of the Downflow Booths are given as:
- Two airflow systems: the single-pass airflow or the re-circulatory airflow, are available.
- The evaporator coils for high heat protection.
- Easy cleaning because of minimum joints in the structure.
- The gel-sealed filters are better than the conventional gasket seals.
- A precise single-stage, two-stage, or three-stage filtration system.
- Voltage compensating blowers for airflow maintenance.
- Easy installation within minimum time.
- Presence of removable panels for easy access to fine dust filters.
- The magnetic gauges for airflow monitoring.
- The teardrop light fittings for consuming minimum energy for smooth airflow.
- Factory tested for a maintained noise level, temperature, light, exhaust volume, air cleanliness, and filter integrity.
- The containment performance is suitable according to the ISPE
- Enough lightning from energy-conservative LED lights.
- Customizable standard filtration options as per the requirements of your application, or based on the dust level are available.
- LED lights are installed in the sidewalls and ceilings of the Downflow Booth, for reducing the glare.
- The LED lights installment reduces the distance between the diffusers and the filters for improved airflow.
- Easy to replace gel-sealed filters.
- Low noise level production is less than 75dBa.
- Energy-efficient blowers.
- The adjustable fan speed of the blowers is in accordance with the filter loading.
- Rear plenums and a compact ceiling to save the floor spacing, provide maximum working area.
Key Features of Downflow Booth
What are the Prominent Construction Features of the Downflow Booths?
Some excellent construction features of the Downflow Booths are listed below:
- The stainless steel body ensures good quality.
- Less than 90% is recirculated while around 10-15% is the exhausted design.
- To make the operation safe for the environment, the airflow system is filtered using high-quality HEPA filters.
- You can adjust the airflow balance as per your needs.
- These are compliant with the safety standards designed by professional dealers, manufacturers, or suppliers.
- The stainless steel surface is durable and long-lasting and is also protected against corrosion or rusting.
- To gain maximum design flexibility, modular design is the best choice.
- The air management system is active and effective.
- The double skin side walls provide greater strength.
Air Management System of Downflow Booth
What are the Specifications of the Downflow Booths?
Common specifications of the Downflow Booths are:
- They are mostly powder coated with either the 304 L or 316L stainless steel, or a combination of both is also used sometimes.
- Due to their flexible design, these can handle a wide range of different containers.
- Using an open-fronted design, you can avail yourself of easy access.
- The panels may be made up of metal at the edges, with polyurethane foam present at the core.
316L Stainless Steel for Downflow Booth
What are the Standard Sizes of the Downflow Booths?
The Downflow Booths are available in multiple sizes with varied weight quantities:
- Width Ranges: 59 Inches to 197 Inches
- Depth Options: 108 Inches, 143 Inches, 174 Inches
- Standard Height: 108 Inches
- Depth of Working Zone: 47 Inches, 71, Inches, and 174 Inches
You can also customize the width and height of your unit, as per the space easily available to you.
Drawing of Downflow Booth
Which Accessories Can be Used With your Downflow Booths?
Some commonly used accessories with the Downflow Booths include:
- Complete Exhaust Airflow
- Prebuilt Cooling Coils
- Filter Housings
- Containment Screen
- Humidity Control System
- UV Light Guards
- Chilling System for Reducing High Temperature
- Safety Alarms
- Monitoring Touch Screen
Multi-Functional Downflow Booth With Monitoring Touch Screen
What are the Basic Parts of the Downflow Booths?
Some major parts that combine to make the Downflow Booths include:
- Control Panel
- Fan House
- Bleed Filter
- Electrical Outlets
- Dust Filter
- Fan Motor
- Rear Plenum
Heavy-Duty Parts of Downflow Booth
What are the Main Applications of the Downflow Booths?
Some main industries that require the application of the Downflow Booths are:
- Medicines Industries
- Chemicals Industries
- Metal Finishing
Applications Downflow Booth
What are the Benefits of the Downflow Booths for your Applications?
There are plentiful benefits of the Downflow Booths. The designers have done great improvements in the structure to deliver the best to the users. Moreover, the quality of the parts is also upgraded to deliver excellent performance.
Louvered Exhaust Grills With a Quick Release:
Talking about the previous style of the grills, they were not as efficient as they are now. Those grills were extremely difficult to clean.
This was due to the large surface area of each hole present.
On the other hand, the new textured grills are easy to clean, and wiping the dust particles is no more a difficult task. These can be removed without any effort. For better access, these grills can also be slid to the pre-filters.
Fewer Noise Levels:
To avoid any inconvenience due to louder noise, there are hormonal arrangements made in different parts of Downflow Booths.
For instance, the position of fans is radial, and air turners are fully tuned. In addition to these, there are sound insulator panels placed at the rear bulkhead wall.
All these placements have reduced the level of noise production to a great extent.
304 SS Construction as Standard:
The complete construction of the machine is based on the 304 SS construction style. So that there is no rusting and paint flaking off the ceiling, walls, filter houses, and ductwork.
Supreme Quality Filter Housing:
Filter changing is very important, and the method must be convenient for the ease of the users.
In this regard, manufacturers supply durable high-quality devices. The Downflow Booths are made of pure stainless steel material.
This is considered the ideal material for the construction of their walls, as it gives high-grade strength to the walls of the filter housing.
This material is durable and long-lasting, however, some manufacturers are using powder-coated steel walls of the filter housing.
They do so to save their cost. But unfortunately, as a result of using this material, the quality is compromised a lot.
Variety and Spare Parts:
You can get surplus stock of filters and other spare parts, and other testing pieces of equipment. A variety in heights and widths, and custom fabrication are also available.
Guaranteed Containment Performance:
For the best results, different performance verification tests are always performed. So, make sure that the equipment you are purchasing has passed all these tests.
Laser Cutting and 3D Design:
They are made according to three-dimensional designs. After cutting, they are fed into the laser cutting to install them without any site delays.
Availability of Epoxy Coated Zintec Steel:
They are available in epoxy coated zintec 304/316L stainless steel. This is to reduce corrosion problems.
Epoxy Coated Zintec Steel for Downflow Booth
How Do the Downflow Booths Work?
The Downflow Booths, available in standard widths from 2 to 8 meters, provide a continuous downward clean air supply.
These prevent the entry of unnecessary particles and dust content, which is beneficial for your operator’s health and safety.
The basic principle of operation used by these systems is the recirculatory airflow principle.
Then the air is supplied from the ceiling with the help of HEPA filters, which will move away from the particles from the breathing zone of the operator.
The grilles present in the backside, are responsible for trapping the contaminants and offer three-stage air filtration.
Firstly, the air passes through the primary filter, then secondary filters, and finally through the HEPA filters.
After this three-stage filtration, clean air is discharged, leading to an even downflow at 0.5 meters per second rate.
The pressure indicating devices present in this equipment keeps a check on the performance of the variable speed fans.
This will help in maintaining suitable operating conditions including pressure or temperature.
Working of Downflow Booth
What are the Operating Principles of the Downflow Booths?
Here is a list of some main operating principles that are followed by these booths:
- The efficient exhaust filtration system is meant to destroy and remove harmful dust clouds entering the sterile room where it is installed.
- The HEPA filters are responsible for taking the outside air into the operator’s breathing zone. This ensures a safe, clean, and hygienic environment.
- You will get a stand-alone workspace for which you don’t have to attach multiple separate ventilation systems.
- For the safety of the equipment, it is customized according to the requirements of the application it is meant to be used for.
- It is necessary for the user to perform the work in the backside of the product, within the high-velocity This is to make sure that the dust content doesn’t enter the breathing zone.
Measuring Downward Air Velocity of Downflow Booth
What are the Common Configuration Options for the Downflow Booths?
There are two common configurations for the Downflow Booths:
- Recirculatory System
- Single-Pass Once-Through System
These are mostly found in powder handling operations. Using this configuration option, you can get more than H13 grade 99.995% filter performance.
The downflow of air crosses the inlet of the ceiling, along with forcing dust downwards, and out of the operator’s breathing zone. Then, exhaust grills take this air to the working air after passing from multiple filters.
For maintaining negative pressure inside the Downflow Booths, some of the air discharges through the high-level bleed. This reduces the chances of contamination when getting out of the booth.
Single Pass Once-Through Booths:
These are commonly involved in processes where vapor or fumes of the solvent are involved. These are meant for a stronger or efficient task.
Based on the vertical airflow phenomenon, the dust is pushed downward and far from the operator’s breathing zone. In this system, all the air is discharged, this is to prohibit the re-entry of the solvent air.
Sunnyda Single Pass Downflow Booth
What is the Filtration System in the Downflow Booths?
The filtration system in the Downflow Booths is essential to achieve their efficient performance. This system consists of a clean air filter and a fan.
When this equipment is turned on, air from outside enters the filters, which are then filtered by these filters, as result dust particles are removed.
This leads to the passage of absolutely clean and particle-free air for further processes.
This filtration process in the Downflow Booths is performed by the highly efficient HEPA filters which possess 99.99% filter efficiency.
HEPA Filter of Downflow Booth
What is the Purpose of Performing the Smoke Test on the Downflow Booths?
The smoke test performed on the Downflow Booths exhibits the given functions:
- The air is flowing in a suitable direction.
- The smoke doesn’t leave the system to achieve protection against contamination.
- Verification of the containment.
- The smoke remains within the safe work line zone.
Smoke Testing of Downflow Booth
How to Test the Air Filters in your Downflow Booths?
To test the air filters in your Downflow Booths, a Dispersed Oil Particulate test is performed.
The main purpose of this test is to check the performances of the filters, to conclude whether the filters are suitable for your application or not.
Also, you can get to know if your filters require replacements with newer ones.
This deeply examines every part of the filter whether it is the filter housing or the seals.
The most important thing is to call out for an expert operator who can easily complete this complex procedure.
Downflow Booth Air Filter Testing Pattern
How to Surrogate Powder Test your Downflow Booths?
To surrogate powder test your Downflow Booths, consider the following steps:
- Open the lids of the receiving and the bulk product drum and attach the liners.
- Then take out lactose content from the product drum.
- Shift this lactose into the receiving drum.
- Now remove the inner liner from the bulk product drum.
- The drums are then covered back.
- Finally, place the overall samplers correctly.
Bulk Product Drum in a Downflow Booth
How to Install HEPA Filters in your Downflow Booths?
When it comes to installing HEPA Filters in your Downflow Booths, the procedure is very critical so one must follow all the essential instructions given below:
Most importantly, the HEPA filter should be supplied carefully. This precaution is done to avoid any damage to the product so that the installation process can successfully be completed.
HEPA filters do not rely on any extra sealant liquids which use ¼ Allen Wrench, rather they provide air-tight mechanical seals too.
The process of installation of the HEPA filters can only be considered when all the heavy work is done.
Also, make sure that the personnel traffic construction inside the system is on a minimum level.
Now take out the filters from the shipping containers. Make sure to do this with extreme care. It is ideal for storing them where there is the least personnel traffic to avoid damage.
Now clean the web areas very carefully. Here the filters will be inserted. After that, turn the pawl screws in a clockwise direction to let the screws out of the frame.
Now here comes the most crucial part, the insertion of HEPA filters into the frame. Carefully slide the HEPA filters into the frame. At this point, you will hear clicks because the pawl screws engage with the flange area of the frame.
Position the filter in the arrangement of the frame with 1/8 spacer. Do it on both sides to ensure secure placement.
Tighten the pawl screws one by one. This will indicate that all the pawl screws are engaged on the frame of the filters of the Downflow Booths.
Now move towards the second pawl screws and move it in a clockwise direction. When there is no movement, it is an indication that the pawl finger is beyond the filter frame.
If this happens, turn the pawl screws in an anticlockwise direction. Keep turning it until you hear a click. This will again show the indication of correct tightening. Now turn it in the clockwise direction so it gets fully tightened.
Further, the perfect tightening of the pawl screws is checked with the help of a leak test. The pawl screws should be fully fixed, and there is no movement of filter detected.
Now, if the leak test has been cleared and the pawl screws are ideally tightened, the filters are placed precisely, and you can put the protective screens after the final leak test.
If you want to remove the filters again in the future, repeat the same procedure.
Turn the pawl screws in the counterclockwise direction until the pawl fingers are fully detached from the frame.
At this point, the filter will be free from the frame and you can replace it with a new filter.
HEPA Filter Installation in Downflow Booth
What Factors to Consider When Buying your Downflow Booths?
Here are some important factors you must consider before purchasing the Downflow Booths:
- Good Quality
- Strong Construction Materials
- Longer Durability
- Appropriate Sizing
- Compatibility With your Application
- Easy Operation
- Simple Working Requirements
- Easy Maintenance
- Multiple Accessories
- Easy Replacement of the Parts
- Suitable Voltage Options
- Effective Filters
Quick Installation of Downflow Booth
How to Monitor your Downflow Booths?
Essential monitoring of your Downflow Booths comprises of the following things:
- Make sure that the manometer readings are suitable for the product working.
- Verify that the temperature inside the system is suitable.
- Check the humidity levels are under control and are safe for the user.
- Always monitor the performance of the filter, and timely replace the old one with new ones to achieve good filtration results.
- Always keep a check on the static pressure readings to maintain pressure.
- Check that there is no leakage problem.
Manometer of Downflow Booth
How to Improve the Working Efficiency of your Downflow Booths?
To make your Downflow Booths more efficient, consider the given things:
- Connecting the barrier screen protection and the clean air feature between the contamination source and the user, minimum emissions are produced, which is beneficial for good performance.
- You can install 5D articulated screens to avail various movement options in your product, this will help in easy usage and reduced opposition.
- Using high-quality materials in constructing the screens, results in a rigid system.
- Maintaining all the operating conditions will help in longer usage.
- Monitoring all the conditions in the Downflow Booths will result in better functioning.
5D Articulated Screen of Downflow Booth
How to Troubleshoot your Downflow Booths?
Insufficient Air Supply
The insufficient air supply is a common problem faced by many Downflow Booths users.
This can be resolved by the following measures:
- Firstly, check the power supply to detect any circuit failure.
- Then, turn off the power supply, and let your device rest for ten minutes.
- After ten minutes when the thermal overload has reduced, assure that the wiring is connected properly.
- Also, check the blower motor to detect any fault.
- Reconnect the wires and replace the blower motor if required.
Reduced Air Velocity
Maintaining a suitable air velocity is very important if you want to achieve an efficient performance.
In case the velocity of air flowing inside the unit reduces, make the following measures:
- Make sure that the voltage, frequency, and amperage offered by the power source are suitable.
- Change the settings of the blower motor’s pulley to get higher output.
- Check the filter media present in the pre-filter. If it is old or worn out, replace it instantly.
- Replacement of the HEPA filters is also an effective solution to this problem.
Airflow Pattern of Downflow Booth
Now that you are well aware of the troubleshooting and maintenance of the Downflow Booths, you can perform these procedures more accurately.
Just make sure that you consider quality as your primary requirement, also check the compatibility of their sizes with the available space you have
Pay great attention to the maintenance procedures, also you can take several measures for enhancing the overall efficiency of the system.
It is good to instantly solve any fault, keep the sensors and controllers efficient, and also add alarms to get notified about any fault within no time.
Compact Design and Premium Quality Downflow Booth