Your Reliable Manufacturer and Supplier of Biosafety Cabinet Class 3.
Sunnyda is the premier manufacturer of diverse clean room varieties as well as high-quality clean room equipment. We aim to design and construct the best products for you that comply with ISO standards to meet the cleaning demands of your application.
For providing higher protection to the personnel, environment, and materials involved in your application Sunnyda works to install a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 in clean room walls for maximum safety. Mobile cabinets are also available that are easy to move and relocate for maximum, user convenience. It helps decontaminate the users, work area, environment, equipment, and products that are concerned with applications with high biohazard risk.
A Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 from Sunnyda efficiently sends the harmful air to the outer environment after passing both the filtered and the non-filtered air through the filtration process. As a result, no particulate agent is left behind that can enter your body and cause serious problems.
You can also customize your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 for your ISO 1 to ISO 9 clean room when buying it from Sunnyda. We allow you to add features of your own choice to your product and change the specifications that you don’t like. This is helpful in adjusting the cabinet size and functions as required for your application.
To get further information on a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 or any other product offered by Sunnyda, contact our help center and let us know your queries. We have an entire range of products for class 1 to class 100000 clean rooms.
We are always available to share the details of our products with you and help you out in choosing the best product for your application. Our professional and experienced customer care team is active 24/7 to help you with your purchase or solve your complaints.
|External Size(W*D*H) mm||1550*880*2000||1780*880*2080|
|Internal Size(W*D*H) mm||920*650*660||1155*650*660|
|Pass Box Size(W*D*H) mm||Internal Size:435*335*350|
|Gloves||One Pair 800mm Butyl Rubber Gloves|
|Front Window||8mm Toughened Glass|
|Pre-Filter||Polyester Fiber, Washable|
|Pressure Level||≥ Negative122 Pa|
|ULPA Filter||Air Supply Filter: Efficiency 99.999% at 0.12μm|
|First Exhaust Filter: Efficiency 99.999% at 0.12μm|
|Second Exhaust filter: Efficiency 99.999% at 0.12μm|
|Noise Level||NSF 50 ≤61dB/EN 12469≤49dB|
|Alarm||Audio and Visual Alarm|
|Work Area Material||304 SS|
|Illumination||≥ 1000 lux|
|UV Light||18W*2 ,8W*1||30W*2, 8W*1,|
|Emission of 253.7|
|Power Supply||AC220V±10% ,50/60 Hz;110V±10%,60Hz|
|Accessories||Gloves, Fluorescent Light, UV Lamp*4, Remote Control, Pressure Meter, Drain Valve|
Biosafety Cabinet Class 3-A Complete and Ultimate Buying Guide by Sunnyda.
Whenever a person or material enters the clean room or laboratory, the risk of contamination is increased significantly.
A Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 is the best clean room equipment to help minimize the risk of contamination caused by the movement of people and substances inside the clean room.
It makes sure that the materials used in the controlled processes are not carrying any contaminants.
During the material sterilization process, it wipes away any harmful agents present on the surface of materials and prevents contaminants from making the clean room environment risky for the users.
It also efficiently keeps the sample under work, safe from particulate agents. The exclusive design and special features of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 are great for maintaining high ISO standards of the clean room.
This allows you to achieve maximum clean room and sterile room protection and safety from contaminants. As a result, the high quality, performance, and efficiency of the sterilization process are maintained.
To know more about a biosafety cabinet, this detailed article will guide you through its main features, specifications, maintenance, benefits, etc.
Sunnyda Sterile Room
What is a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
A Biosafety Cabinet Class 3, abbreviated as a Class III BSC, is a biosafety cabinet that offers maximum protection in processes having the involvement of hazardous materials.
It is a gas-tight enclosure that aims for the safety of the user operating it, the environment where the process is taking place, and the materials involved in the working procedure.
It is also sometimes called a glovebox because arm-length gloves are always worn for performing work in it.
It also has a viewing panel that is completely sealed for viewing the samples present inside the enclosure.
You should always ensure that your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 is fabricated with high-quality material showing excellent chemical resistance and durability for efficient decontamination.
The internal surfaces are always smooth, and corners are radiused to enhance the cleaning and decontamination process.
It has a proper engineering basis and excellent design compatibility for protection and also for the prevention of operator fatigue.
Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
What are the General Features of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
- Stainless steel AISI 304 work chamber construction
- Liftable front sash to allow equipment loading made of triplex with glove ports (2)
- Disinfectant solutions resistant and UV-light resistant sash
- Silicone sealing O-ring and chamber glove for each glove port
- Bottom installed stainless steel AISI 304 liquid gathering tray (with ten-liter capacity) with no drain
- LED lighting units for work chamber (2)
- Electric sockets are installed on the left side wall of the work chamber and are easily removable
- UV lights installed in the chamber
- -500 to +500 Pa pressure gauge
- Purification system for both supply entry and exhaust air
- Two filters (one plenum Н14 НЕРА-filter and the other preliminary G4 coarse filter) installed above the work area
- Two consecutive H14 HEPA filters for making the filtering system for the exhaust air leaving the work chamber
- Two fans for running the exhaust and supply filtering module to remove contaminated air from the chamber
Excellent Features of Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
What are the Pass Box Features of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
The most prominent features of the pass box of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 are:
- Enamel powder-coated metal is used for making the outer panels.
- AISI 304 SS is used in making the leak-tight inner chamber.
- On the front, the outer angular door, and on the sidewall, the inner door is installed.
- Stainless steel AISI 321 latch handle is installed on the cabinet doors.
- Electromechanical handles are also installed on the doors to prevent the opening of the two doors at the same time.
- Tempered glass is used for making the windows.
- UV light.
- A stainless steel AISI 304 pullout tray is installed to make sure the materials are easily transferred to the work chamber.
Heavy-Duty Pass Box of Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
What are the Main Parameters and Dimensions of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
- The dimensions of the Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 with the pass box is 750х1720х1940 (DxWxH) mm.
- The dimensions of the working chamber are 640х1140х675 (DxWxH) mm.
- The net weight is not higher than 350 kg.
- The power consumed (without including the built-in outlet load) is not higher than 420 Watts.
- 1420 Watts is the highest input power.
- The airflow rate range through the supply HEPA fan filter unit lies between 270 to 320 meters cube per hour.
- 1500 tux is the illuminance level recorded in the working zone, not lower than this.
Diagram of Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
How Does a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 Work?
The Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 works excellently for providing protection to the user and the environment against microbial agents.
It is a tightly sealed ventilated box with a leak-tight design, to prevent direct entrance of contaminants.
It consists of a work chamber where sterilization of the materials is done.
Outside the Biosafety Cabinet Class 3, an exhaust system is present which maintains the airflow and negative pressure of the ducting network.
Two HEPA filters filter the exhaust and the air inflow. In place of two HEPA filters, a combination of one HEPA filter and an air incinerator can also be used.
Working Principle of Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
What are the Technical Characteristics of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
- Class of the Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 as per the standards of ЕN 12469, NSF/ANSI 49 is III
- НЕРА-filters class as per the EN 1822-1 standard is H14
- The class of the pre-filter as per the EN 779 instructions is G4
- Not lower than 200-pascal minimal negative pressure has to be maintained in the working chamber
- Two-stage (H14 and G4) air inflow filtering
- Two-stage (H14 and H14) air outflow filtering
- No recirculation takes place in the cabinet
99.99% Efficient HEPA Filter of Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
What are the Components of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
Various components join together to form your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3. The most important parts involved in the construction are mentioned below along with their functions:
Double layered laminated reinforced glass with anti UV properties, having a thickness of 5 mm.
Bag in and Bag Out Filter:
This bag in and bag out filter has polyvinyl construction that helps in providing protection to the environment and the personnel. Also, it comes with an easy and quick replacement process.
You can easily view the performance of your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 on this large-screen LCD. This screen size helps in achieving maximum user compliance and satisfaction.
For the best decontamination results, the emission size of this UV lamp is set at 253.7 nanometers and maximum benefits are achieved.
You can enjoy easy operation and control of your biosafety cabinet with this remote.
Gas and Water Taps:
Stainless steel compatible with the highest quality standards is used in making gas and water taps for this cabinet. As a result, the taps are protected from rusting or corrosion problems.
Stainless Steel Gas and Water Taps of Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
What are the Benefits of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
A Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 is beneficial for your applications in many ways, some of which are:
Pass-Through Sluice Gate:
It features a stainless steel pass-through sluice gate for ensuring maintenance of high cleanliness standards.
Pull Out Table Top:
With the help of a pull-out tabletop, you can easily load materials into the working chamber.
Easy Equipment Loading:
For loading equipment on the cabinet, you simply have to lift the front sash to create the loading space.
Laminated safety glass is used in the construction of this front sash, and two oval glove ports are also installed.
Removable Outlet Unit:
In the working chamber, a removable outlet unit is installed that works using a self-powered shutoff system.
Continuous Cabinet Integration:
The cabinet is designed in a way that multiple cabinets can be set together in one line to ensure an uninterrupted technological process.
Protection From Airborne Infection:
When carrying out processes involving microorganisms significantly hazardous pathogenic groups or during pathogenic biological agents processes.
A Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 ensures that the user and the environment stay safe from biological contamination.
Protecting Work Agents:
It also ensures the safety and protection of work agents from the external environment that is placed inside the work chamber.
This chamber can also help in removing odor from the work agents.
If you connect it with a single active exhaust system it can efficiently deal with decontaminating processes involving low quantities of radionuclides and toxic chemical substances.
Bacon Light and Acoustic Alarm of Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
What are the Applications of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
- Pharmaceutical Laboratory
- Research Labs
- Aerobiological Studies
- Laboratory Response Networks
- Public Health Labs
Applications of Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
What Does the Control System of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 Include?
The control system of a Biological Cabinet Class 3 covers the controlling devices and systems required for controlling the working and functioning of these control systems.
The main things included in the control system of this cabinet are:
- Electroautomatics microprocessor control system.
- Touchscreen unit for using the cabinet screen.
- For the indication of sluice’s lock and door statuses, sluice control is the best option.
- Sensors are stimulated by detecting an increase or decrease in the air balance readings.
- A built-in power cord.
- Removable sockets and the fans have separate removable safety devices.
- Removable socket units fitted in the work chamber.
- Pre-built air sampling outlets to ensure HEPA filter integrity.
Removable Sockets Fitted in the Work Chamber of Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
What Do Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 Filter Systems Include?
The air entering the Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 crosses the HEPA filtration process. It travels through two HEPA filter units one after one, for achieving precise filtration results.
This cabinet can’t be exhausted via the standard laboratory exhaust system.
An exhaust system is placed outside the cabinet, to maintain the airflow and to establish negative pressure inside the system.
At least 0.5 inches distance should be kept between this exhaust system and the water gauge.
In case, you require highly efficient and upgraded filtration results, you can install accessory filters.
The most commonly used additional filtration system in the cabinet is carbon filtration, which performs its function by the high-grade carbon or HEPA filters.
For special applications, you may use nuclear, biological, and chemical filter systems to minimize the contamination risk levels.
Exhaust System of Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
What Does the Integration of Equipment in a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 Include?
For controlling containment inside your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3, you can place multiple instruments and equipment in a seamless manner that is not disturbing for the airflow.
Controllers to control the operation of the cabinet are placed out of the containment zone. Also, following the proper procedure for entering and exiting the materials is essential.
The entry of these materials can be facilitated by integral autoclaves, dunk tanks, and fast transfer ports.
Also, the safe removal of the materials is facilitated by using proper controllers. Various decontamination procedures fall under this list.
Integral Autoclave of Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
What is the Construction of a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 Front Glass?
The front glass of the Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 is constructed using high-grade tempered glass with approximately 8 mm size. This glass is special due to its high strength and durability.
It can be obtained by treating the normal glass with heat and chemicals to enhance its strength.
Due to this tempering, balanced internal stress is established, which is responsible for the crumbling of the glass pieces when broken.
Strong resistance, high strength, and higher protection are some of the reasons for considering tempered glass safer as compared to normal glass.
High-Grade Tempered Glass for Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
Does a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 Require a Ducting System?
It is optional to add a ducting system to your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3. The main purpose of ducting is to enhance the protection of the equipment.
This ducting prevents air recirculation inside the laboratory. This is very helpful for protecting the user and the surrounding environment from various biohazards that can be dangerous.
High-Velocity Duct System for Biosafety Cabinet Class 2
What are the Instructions for the Safety of Bunsen Burner in a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
The Bunsen burners can direct the outward flow of the internal environment, harmful for the operator. This can also decrease the prevention of cross-contamination.
In case, your burner stays on within a closed cabinet, the temperature can excessively increase which can be damaging for the filters.
Safety of the Bunsen Burner:
- The emergency shut-off valve should be operational and easy to reach if any emergency occurs.
- The electric burner comes with a built-in gas reducing feature when your burner is not in use, which results in low flames.
- For self-shutting off your cabinet, you can attach a solenoid valve to this burner.
- The best placement of the burner is at the back end of the cabinet, where it doesn’t interrupt the working area or performance of the cabinet.
What are the Air Flow Requirements of your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
The working zone airflow provided by the supply HEPA filter varies according to the construction of the Biosafety Cabinet Class 3.
Minimum turbulence is always preferred, for this purpose, a distribution manifold present on the back wall can be ducted with the inflow air.
This distribution manifold supports the anti-static bar, to use negative and positive ions for washing the plastic materials.
What are the Material Placement Instructions for a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
- While placing the materials in your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3, don’t place anything which can block the front grills, even not by paper.
- Always decontaminate the materials before placing them inside the cabinet, using 70% alcohol cleaner.
- To prevent contamination caused by splashes, it is better to place absorbing towels soaked in a disinfectant on the working table.
- Even if there are no items placed in front of the back grills, place anything at the backside.
- Similarly, materials that can release aerosols should be placed at the end of the cabinet.
- If you have heavy items such as discard pipette trays or biohazard trays keep them aside.
- Never put the pipette collection tray or the biohazard collection bag outside your equipment, properly dispose of it off.
- Avoid frequent moments into or outside the microbiological safety cabinet as it can disturb the air barrier, and can be harmful to the operator as well as the product.
Proper Material Placement in Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
How to Safely Operate a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
- Make sure there is no hindrance in the path of air grilles (both front and back)
- Stand away from the cabinet when conducting any procedure
- Keep in mind to limit your arm movement and prefer slow movements so that the cabinet airflow is not disrupted
- For taking your arms out of the Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 perform surface decontamination first then take them out slowly in a perpendicular direction to the working area.
- Reduce the outer air flow disturbances to maintain your desired airflow throughout the usage.
- Never put the biohazard waste collection bags out of the cabinet, always put them inside with covered tops.
- Don’t forget to place absorbent pads on the work surface, these pads will absorb spillage.
- When taking out strongly contaminated items from your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3, surface decontamination is recommended.
- Maintain around 150mm distance between aerosol-forming and clean objects, this limits the chances of cross-contamination.
- Avoid using gas flames as these disturb the airflow.
- For placing the turbulence generating items, the most suitable location is the backside of the cabinet.
Lab Operators Safely Working in Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
What are the Accessories Available With a Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
To prevent the direct contact of the controlled environment with the air present inside the cabinet.
These efficient and energy-saving lamps are a source of illumination for seeing a clear view of the process being performed inside the cabinet.
Fluorescent lamps have a long service life and do not require frequent replacements.
UV lamps are helpful in the decontamination of the air and materials introduced to the Biological Safety Cabinet Class 3. As a result, they improve the quality of air and prevent biohazardous risks.
It allows you to easily control and adjust the settings of your cabinet, including airflow speed, fan speed, etc.
A pressure meter helps you monitor the pressure of the air present inside your Biological Safety Cabinet Class 3. As result, you are kept informed if the air pressure is normal or not.
It sends any extra water vapors to the outer environment and prevents corrosion damages.
Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 Gloves
How to Customize your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
The first thing to customization is combining these multiple Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 units to achieve a higher and larger effect.
Also, it depends upon your choice to add elevators, incubators, microscopes, shelves, refrigerators, or centrifuges, if required for your application.
You can also customize the size of your unit, as per the available space.
The customization can also include the addition of certain accessories, or controllers to enhance and monitor the performance of your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3.
Customized biosafety Cabinet Class 3
How to Handle Biohazard Spills Inside and Outside your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3?
- Give your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 at least 5 minutes to let it take in the aerosols.
- Make sure you are wearing your safety glasses, a lab coat, and the right type of gloves whenever cleaning a biohazardous spillage.
- When you are doing the cleanup tasks do not turn the Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 off; make sure to keep it on and fully working.
- Coat the spillage with a layer of disinfectant and let it sit there for at least 10 minutes to give the disinfectant sufficient time to show its action.
- Do keep a disposable paper towel with you that is already soaked in any kind of suitable disinfectant and wipe the spillage with that towel.
- Then using more paper towels (already pre-soaked in disinfectant), clean the work surface, walls, and any other equipment or glassware present in the Biosafety Cabinet Class 3.
- Make sure to learn the basics of appropriate biohazardous waste disposal methods that can be used for discarding the contaminated disposable materials (e.g. BFI or autoclaving).
- Use a biohazard bag, newspaper, or autoclave pans having lids for packing the contaminated reusable item before it undergoes the cleanup or the autoclave process.
- The non-autoclave materials should be allowed to get exposed to the disinfectant for almost 20 minutes (the contact time) before you take it out from the cabinet.
- Take out your protective clothing when done with the cleaning process, pack it in a biohazard bag to be passed through autoclaving.
- After finishing the cleanup process, keep the cabinet running for at least 10 minutes before your turn it off or recontinue your process.
Cleaning of Biosafety Cabinet Class 3
A biological safety hood is great for decontaminating the sterile room environment and maintaining high cleanliness standards.
This is essential to make sure that the environment stays safe from harmful particulate matter thus ensuring no hindrance in the cleanliness standards of your application.
Always make sure to use your Biosafety Cabinet Class 3 following the proper usage protocols and take care of its maintenance for maximum performance output.
ISO Certified and 100% Quality Tested Biosafety Cabinet Class 3