Your Most Reliable Manufacturer and Solution Provider of Vertical Laminar Air Flow.
Sunnyda is one of the most renowned designers and manufacturers of clean room and laboratory products like a pharmaceutical clean room, air shower room, clean room ceiling, and Vertical Laminar Air Flow. We have succeeded to make our name due to hard work and maintenance of the best quality in the industry over a very short period of time. Our highly qualified team of professionals and use of the most recent technology has enabled us to come up with unique products for your industry that work better than the conventional ones.
Known for the reasonable prices and easy operation, Sunnyda puts a lot of effort into each design and product so that you get flawless efficiency. We pay due attention to different models, sizes, and configurations of a Vertical Laminar Air Flow to cater to all the needs of your applications. Also, we are determined to maintain the quality and durability of each product by keeping them updated and classy.
Sunnyda is proud of the great team of engineers and technicians that make it possible to maintain the standard. All the professional staff is well qualified and extremely efficient in their field. Whether you want a medical clean room, a pass-through cabinet, or a Vertical Laminar Flow. Our team of professionals is there to listen to all your requirements and create products according to your choice and applications requirements.
You can get your Vertical Laminar Air Flow customized in terms of color, size, and features as well. Our products have less energy consumption and do not put any negative effects on the environment. You can call Sunnyda, our 24/7 customer care for complete guidance regarding products and placing your order.
|Cleanliness||ISO5 Class/100 Class (US FED 209E)|
|Working Table Material||SS304|
|Power Supply||AC, Single Phase 220V 50Hz|
|Internal Work Zone Dimension(mm)||900X580X570||1250X500X570||1510X590X570||1815X590X570|
|Spec and No of HEPA Filter||915X610X69*1||1220X610X69*1||915X610X69*1 610X610X69*1||915X610X69*2|
|Spec and No of Lamp||20w*2||20w*2||40w*2||20w*2|
Vertical Laminar Air Flow-A Complete Guide by Sunnyda.
A Vertical Laminar Air Flow is an enclosed system that helps in creating a contamination-free environment for several applications. It does this either through filters or using any other decontaminating techniques that capture and remove all the impurities from the workspace.
It usually deals with substances that are not toxic for human health in normal concentration but if their concentration rises, they can cause problems like headache, eye irritation, and skin problems, etc.
The working methodology is almost the same as that of a biosafety cabinet. It is extensively used for semiconductor industries, biological laboratories and pharmaceutical laboratories, optics, plastic manufacturing industries, micromechanics, research laboratories, and educational complexes.
Although it does not provide personal protection since it does not deal with hazardous substances, it is best for conducting experiments that can go wrong due to any impurities.
An environment with clean air adds to the productivity of the application. It comes in various models and has certain unique features.
This guide has all the information you need regarding a Vertical Laminar Air Flow. So let’s begin.
Testing of Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What is a Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
As some experiments need a clean environment for best results, the contamination-free environment is created by using a self-contained machine, a Vertical Laminar Air Flow.
In this way, you can save on the money and time spent on repeated experiments as you get the results in the first attempt.
All the air particles and the particulate matter flow in one direction and with the same velocity. This creates an air stream that flows from an upward direction to a downward direction uniformly.
All the contaminant particles are forced to flow with the air stream.
You can get it customized according to your application, size, and construction, etc. it is made up of highly resilient material that is corrosion resistant and damage resistant as well.
A Vertical Laminar Air Flow is designed on the basis of recent technology and therefore it has the most effective microprocessor unit. You can even operate it from a remote location based on your convenience.
It is an energy-conserving machine and is not heavy on your pocket. There are no harmful byproducts released in the working process.
Sunnyda Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What are the Excellent Features of a Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
A Vertical Laminar Air Flow offers the below-listed excellent features:
- Low noise radial fans ensure reduced noise levels
- Fewer vibrations
- Laminarization screen leads to uniform distribution of laminar downflow
- Easy disinfection
- Simple operation
- Ergonomic construction
- LCD screen for displaying certain alarms
- Stainless steel grille protects the UV light present in the upper portion of the back wall
- The airflow stabilization system ensures constant air balance
- Optimal working
- Easy and fast downflow velocity adjustment
- Front sash protected by a damper
- Stainless steel tabletop which is corrosion-proof
- Powder-coated metal body
- Wide applications
- Non flammable construction
- Microprocessor control system
- Tempered glass windows and sash
Features of Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What are the Specifications of Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
A Vertical Laminar Air Flow comes with the following key specifications:
- HEPA filter box with 99.9999% efficiency
- Class 100 air cleanliness
- Vibration half peak is ≤5um
- LED display feature
- 304 stainless steel work table
- Illumination is ≥350lx
- The approximate height of the work surface is 750mm
- The noise level is ≤60dB
- Caster wheel with leveling feet
- One strong fluorescent lamp
- Two UV lamps
- A power supply is 220 with 50/60 Hertz frequency
- Manual front window
- Power is about 350W
- UV lamp power is 18W
- Walls made up of cold-rolled steel
- Standard airflow velocity ranges between 0.3m/s to 0 5m/s
Germicidal UV Lamp of Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What are the Applications of a Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
A Vertical Laminar Air Flow can be used to establish a highly clean working area in the following areas:
- Nuclear Power Plant
- Pharmaceutical Clean Room
- Medical Field
- Production Facilities
- Microbiology Field
- Optical Mechanics
- Microelectronic Industry
Applications of Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What is the Purpose of Installing a Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
A Vertical Laminar Air Flow is designed in such a way to establish a contaminant-free environment, and also provides protection to the product.
It takes in the air with the help of the filtration system and then spreads it around the working area.
Most suitably, it is used with non-hazardous contaminants for creating a clean and pure working environment for a variety of purposes.
Such clean environments are essentially required in pharmaceutical, electronics, and many other industries for completing complicated procedures without interruption of contaminants and particles.
The forensic and microbiology departments also use this device to maintain a clean environment.
It only works with non-hazardous products, as it doesn’t offer any safety for the people.
Its main purpose is to deal with any procedure or experiment where a sterile environment is a must to complete the manufacturing of non-toxic and non-hazardous products.
A Researcher Doing Experiment in Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What is the Construction of a Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
There are two options for constructing the main body of the Vertical Laminar Air Flow:
- Mild Steel Duly Epoxy Coating
- Heavy Board Cladding
The working table is constructed using thick board cladding. To enhance the durability of your product, you may add a tabletop to it if required.
The height of this table is adjusted in a way that it can provide a comfortable sitting position to the users.
A long-lasting sealant is used to seal all the joints perfectly. A thick and good-quality transparent acrylic sheet is used to make the side panels.
A filter is added to the product, this crosses the efficient High-Efficiency Particulate Air filter.
The HEPA filter is the primary filter and it has 99.997% filtration efficiency and is capable enough to retain particles that have a size equal to or greater than 0.3 microns.
A dynamic machine is used to balance the motor and the blower assemblies in a dynamic as well as static manner.
The blowers are installed on the vibration isolation mounts; this reduces the production of vibrations.
For the convenience of the user, intense lights are also fitted in the working area. A 220 or 230 Volts power supply is attached to the system to start the operation.
Working Zone of Vertical Laminar Air Flow
How to Operate your Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
The Vertical Laminar Air Flow has a simple operation if one knows how to operate the control system and how to maintain this controlled environment.
The ambient air is taken into the working zone with the help of the pre-filter. Then, the air velocity in this working zone is controlled and maintained between 0.3m/s to 0.50m/s.
Simultaneously, the air cleanliness is maintained for the normal operation of the system.
Finally, the product gives out the clean air which has been filtered using the pre-filter, and HEPA filter installed within the working zone.
Pre Filter of Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What is the Difference Between a Horizontal and a Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
The horizontal and Vertical Laminar Air Flow differ in terms of the direction of the air. The horizontal one goes across the sides whereas the vertical one goes from top to bottom.
The filters of a horizontal laminar airflow are located on the back wall. The air is thus passed straight from the rear to the work surface in a linear manner.
This flow is unidirectional and laminar so there is minimum turbulence seen in this case.
As the particles move in the same direction, with the same velocity, there is no collision between the particles and thus no turbulence.
It is preferred for bulky and large work equipment. It could be cleanroom equipment as well. Also, there is a decreased risk of contamination from the person operating in the work area.
This is because the hands are usually below the airflow. Any contaminant particle, impurity is immediately removed as it comes in the premises of the horizontal flow.
There is a ceiling-mounted or a top filter in a Vertical Laminar Air Flow. The air that comes out of the filter is directed towards the work surface and it takes all the contaminant particles that come in its way along with it.
As the air particles are also in a uniform motion, they carry the impurities with them. The position of the filter can be adjusted according to your liking and highest efficiency.
It provides 360 degrees of visibility and a greater flow of the ambient air towards the work surface.
The greater the ambient air, the greater will be the sweeping of contaminants thus making the decontamination process more effective.
Difference Between a Horizontal and a Vertical Laminar Air Flow
Why Choose a Vertical Laminar Air Flow Over a Horizontal One?
Choosing a Vertical Laminar Air Flow over a horizontal one is better because of the given reasons:
- It doesn’t take as much floor space and depth as a horizontal one. Therefore it is more manageable and convenient to install.
- It offers lesser air obstruction due to its design and airflow. Also, there is no collection of contaminants as the air flows downstream.
- As it does not directly blow the air on the person working on the working surface, it had a higher safety level. Direct air can also be disturbing for the person carrying out the experiment.
- There is a front flash in the Vertical Laminar Air Flow that is installed to act as a barrier against the fumes. This helps in preventing a direct attack on the operating person.
- The filter change and removal are very easy and convenient. Also, it is quite less time taking as compared to the horizontal one as you just have to place it at the top of the vertical module
- There are less turbulent effects and more unidirectional effects in a vertical type. The air stream thus projected is considerably smooth and manageable.
Portable Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What is the Power Consumption of a Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
The Vertical Laminar Air Flow possesses minimum power consumption because of:
- Efficient LED Lights
- The Standby Flow Mode
- Powerful EC Motors
Thus the running cost is considerably low and you can run it for most of the time while dealing with an experiment.
As it does have innovative technology, it consumes less power and can be operated with a better or a solar panel as well.
The most commonly used power source is the electricity supply of the location.
Efficient LED Lights in a Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What are the Design Specifications of Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
Some noticeable design specifications of a Vertical Laminar Air Flow are:
- To reduce eye stress and to illuminate the working area uniformly, it has LED lights
- It has a compact body, which is easy to clean
- User-friendly control panel
- The easy passage is allowed using all doorways
- It has a 10°sloped front window, which results in a comfortable posture for the user
- You can easily access the working chamber through the front window
- It has minimum noise production, due to EC motor blowers
- The stainless steel working surface is simple to clean
- The filters can be easily installed from the top
- It does not occupy a lot of space in the laboratory
- With an easy installation procedure, it is space-saving as well as easy to clean
Design of Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What is the Function of Different Components of a Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
The function of each component of a Vertical Laminar Air Flow is crucial for creating the optimum conditions for the maximum productivity of the application in which it is being used.
Not just creating but the maintenance of the uncontaminated environment is also important.
It provides good lighting to allow maximum visibility. There is no airflow turbulence initiated by the illuminating block since it is taken out of the working chamber.
The unit is colored with powder enamel which provides resistance to disinfectant solutions.
Control Unit with LCD
The system can be controlled through a highly efficient and user-friendly control unit. It comes with an LCD and allows regular monitoring. You can see any possible malfunctions and switch the system on and off.
The operation mode can be chosen by the operator and the timer is also present which goes off when the time is over.
There is a fine HEPA filter that can filter particles up to 0.3 microns. Therefore it is quite effective.
Being held together with tight springs, there is no chance of any leakage for the whole lifetime.
Electronic Shield Panel
The disinfection becomes even more achievable with the electronic shield panel. It is easy to operate and convenient to maintain.
UV Light Module
UV radiation is very helpful in decontamination as it kills microorganisms. It is responsible for the cleaning of the working space and its surfaces.
Laminar Flow Fans
The laminar flow fans pull the air through the filter and the dust particles get stuck in the filter pad.
High-Quality HEPA Filter of Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What are the Properties of the Control Panel of Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
Some prominent properties of the control panel of a Vertical Laminar Air Flow are:
- Controls starting and stopping of the system
- It has UV operation buttons
- Detects filter clogging
- Detects intensity of UV light
- Possesses light indicator
- Indicates the real-time speed of air
- Comes with a time counter for the fan
- Alarm LED
- Preset modulation is present
- Remote operation is available
- User-friendly technology
Rapid Responsive Controller of Vertical Laminar Air Flow
How Does a Vertical Laminar Air Flow Work?
A Vertical Laminar Air Flow serves the function of creating a contaminant-free environment for processes like electronic manufacturing, pharmaceutical laboratories, and medical clean rooms.
A unidirectional vertical descending stream of air is forced towards the working chamber and is passed through a HEPA filter.
The high absorbing particulate absorbing filters absorb contaminants greater than 0.3 microns.
From the working bench, the air is then removed back to the environment. Some of it passes through the perforation in the bottom of the rear cabinet and most of it goes back while passing through the space between the protecting glass and the working surface of the table.
As the flow is laminar, there is a minimum collision of particles and no haphazard movement. Therefore there is minimum turbulence.
Working Principle of Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What Accessories Can you Use With your Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
Some accessories that can enhance the working of your Vertical Laminar Air Flow include:
- Using Baffling Technology to Provide Uniform Airflow
- Adding Pivoting Glass Sashes for Increased Safety
- Extra Sockets
- ULPA Filters
- Electromagnetic Valveless Gas Tap
- Electromagnetic Valveless Tap
- Vacuum Tap
- Radially Cutout Front Slash
- Polystone Tabletop
- Stainless Steel Table
- Bin Cart
- Duplex Electrical Outlet
- Perforated Shelf
- Stopcock for Gas, Air, or Vacuum
- Sealed Data Port
Electric Socket of Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What are the Customization Options in a Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
Some customization options to enhance the performance of your Vertical Laminar Air Flow include:
The construction material being used in your unit determines its durability and reliability. Higher the quality, better and more suited the material, higher the efficiency.
It must be resistant to corrosion and other damaging products.
The appropriate size for your application is the key factor to choosing the right one. It must be according to the space availability in your working area.
It usually comes in a pre-made configuration that is easy to install. You can also ask for professional services from the manufacturer.
The system shall be designed in such a way that allows minimum maintenance.
The capacity of the system is determined by the capacity of the filter used in it. You can go for a HEPA or a ULPA filter depending upon the requirements of your application.
Stainless Steel Construction Material for Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What are the Benefits of Vertical Laminar Air Flow for your Applications?
A Vertical Laminar Air Flow serves its purpose in various applications due to its following significant benefits:
- Requires less floor space and less depth for its positioning.
- Much more safe as air is not directly blown on the operator’s face.
- Easy to access filter as it is on the top.
- Less turbulence as airstrikes the processing equipment and the contaminant particles.
- Minimum cross-contamination as it offers a unidirectional flow.
- Large and bulky equipment can also be handled properly.
- As the laminar flow is parallel to the work surface, the effects of the turbulence as a result of vertical airflow perpendicular to the work surface are masked.
- Positioning is easy.
- Less energy-consuming.
- Can be operated by anyone, does not need a professional for the control unit.
Unidirectional Air Flow of Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What are the Maintenance Tips for your Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
Better maintenance leads to higher efficiency, therefore a Vertical Laminar Air Flow must be maintained by using the given tips:
- The filters shall be cleaned now and then. You can also replace them annually.
- Properly clean the unit after every two weeks. Larger contaminant particles tend to get stuck in the corners.
- Maintain a stable electricity connection.
- If any component is not working, get it replaced as soon as possible. It will prevent any further damage.
Maintenance of Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What are the Safety Standards of Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
Some safety instructions you must follow when dealing with the Vertical Laminar Air Flow are:
- Wearing a lab coat is essential for the protection of your body.
- To cover your hands and arms, always wear long gloves.
- The operator should be fully trained about how to operate this product.
- The user should have good knowledge about the role and usage of the relevant accessories.
- It is important to sterilize the tabletop, glass, and walls before and after using them.
- Only trained and specific people should be allowed to use it.
- All sorts of unnecessary movement of people or products should be avoided.
- Sterilization of the equipment by exposing it to UV radiations is important before and after its usage.
Wear a Lab Coat Before Working in Vertical Laminar Air Flow
What are the Risk Factors of a Vertical Laminar Air Flow?
The risk factors associated with a Vertical Laminar Air Flow are stated below:
As the contaminants are carried with the air stream, the larger ones tend to get stuck in the filter pad.
If these contaminants are not removed timely, they tend to become hard and eventually clog the filter.
Not Following Protocols
If all the protocols are not followed properly, there is a chance that more contaminants will be introduced to the clean environment thus making the maintenance of the clean environment difficult.
If sufficient power is not supplied, there will be no airflow and thus no function.
Wear PPE Before Using Vertical Laminar Air Flow
A Vertical Laminar Air Flow has unique properties to remove the contaminants from a workspace environment.
The customization offered in features allows you to obtain the best results in a short time. Ultimately it gives a good impact on the productivity of your work.
By maintaining it well and keeping it updated, you can achieve high efficiency for many years.
ISO Approved Prime Quality Vertical Laminar Air Flow