Your Reliable Manufacturer of Laminar Flow Chamber and Business Partner.
Sunnyda is proud to be known as the most innovative and creative Laminar Flow Chamber manufacturer in the market because of the amazing public response and highest-rated reviews of the users. We specialize in the highest quality clean room equipment that will not only give you the highest efficiency but also will last for many years. We make sure that only the highest quality equipment is used so that each product delivered to you is sturdy and long-lasting.
Having an excellent team of expert professionals including highly qualified engineers and skilled technicians, Sunnyda comes up with unique products like a chemical fume hood, medical clean room, Laminar Flow Chamber, biosafety cabinet, industrial air shower, and many more of such kind. Our main goal is to provide you with the best quality at the most affordable price and therefore we use the most useful technology compatible with your applications.
With the incorporation of the latest, unique technology, we have succeeded to make our products in such a way that there is minimum use of energy and no harmful effect to your environment. All the products including a Laminar Flow Chamber are designed for energy saving and environment reservation basis. The usage and operation are simple and easy. They have a user-friendly running procedure that helps you save on labor costs.
Sunnyda has an extensive variety of products. There are even several options when it comes to purchasing a Laminar Flow Chamber. You can get it customized based on model, size, type, and configuration.
For installation and maintenance service of your Laminar Flow Chamber, you can call the 24/7 customer service of Sunnyda which is active all the time.
|Power Supply (V)||AC220V50Hz|
|Cleanliness Grade||100 Grade≥0.5μm(209E)|
|Colony||≤0.5(Φ90)mm Culture Dish|
|Air Speed||0.3-0.45m/s 0.3-0.6m/s|
|Vibration||≤5μm ≤3μm ≤4μm|
|Quantity of Light & UV lamp||8W×1 piece||18W×1 piece||20W×2 pieces||30W×1 pc
|Specs and Quantity
of HEPA Filter
|820×600×50×1 Pcs 610×610×50×2 Pcs|
|Size of Working Zone
( H×W×D )
|Overall Dimension (L×W×H)||640*470*840mm||1040*725*1610mm||1040*790*1610mm||1490*725*1530mm||1490*725*1610mm|
|Operator (s)||1 Person||1 Person Work on One Side||1 People Work On 2 Sides Separately||2 People Work On 1 Side||2 People Work On 2 Sides Separately|
Laminar Flow Chamber-A Complete Buying Guide by Sunnyda.
A contaminant-free environment created by a Laminar Flow Chamber is crucial for best results in applications like a semiconductor industry, experimental laboratory, hospital room, aerospace laboratory, and pharmaceutical clean room because any contaminant can derange the results of the processes taking place over there.
As it is made up of innovative technology, it enables remote functions which can be obtained with minimum use of energy and without any negative impact on the environment. Thus having a cost-effective operation.
Due to high material quality and innovative design, it requires minimum maintenance and provides the highest efficiency.
Even the slightest contamination can lead to loss of time and money since desirable results and products cannot be obtained.
There is an extensive range of types and sizes which can be customized for every application.
For a better user experience, it is necessary to have sufficient knowledge about all the features and benefits of a Laminar Flow Chamber. This guide will help you in this regard. So let’s begin.
Testing of Laminar Flow Chamber
What is a Laminar Flow Chamber?
A Laminar Flow Chamber is an enclosed assembly that has been designed to minimize contamination in the pharmaceutical clean room, laboratory, hospital, semiconductor clean room, and other particle sensitive applications.
It works by using a HEPA filter for the filtration of air which is drawn from the environment. The filtered air is then either recirculated or expelled into the environment.
Mostly the construction material used in a Laminar Flow Chamber is stainless steel or aluminum and it is designed in such a way that there are no joints or gaps.
It exists as horizontal and vertical configurations and can be customized according to the needs and demands of the application.
There are various uses of it based on the different types and different airflow patterns. For higher efficiency and minimum chance of contamination, a UV lamp is installed in it.
It has an easy interface and user-friendly operation that allows you to obtain the best results with minimum input.
Sunnyda Laminar Flow Chamber
What are the Characteristics of a Laminar Flow Chamber?
- Best Quality Corrosion-Resistant Stainless Steel Material
- UV Radiation Technology
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Innovative and Creative Design
- Front Opening or Top Sash with Electric Sliding Door
- HEPA Filter for Maximum Efficiency
- Spacious and Roomy Stainless Steel Desk
- Remote Operation is Possible
- User-Friendly Operation with an Easy Interface
- Simple Installation
- Easy Maintenance
- Silent Function
- Low Power Requirement
Characteristics of a Laminar Flow Chamber
What are the Major Parts of a Laminar Flow Chamber?
The major parts of a Laminar Flow Chamber are listed below. The incompetence of any of these can lead to serious malfunctioning of the whole assembly.
The cabinet is composed of the highest quality stainless steel material. It is to provide insulated air for the workstation. The purpose is to protect the products inside from the outside contaminated air.
There is a sash or a glass shield in front of the cabinet. This shield works as an automatic roller door. You can also manually adjust it according to the height you require for your work.
It is a dedicated platform or space for performing all your operations and experiments.
The construction material of the counter is also stainless steel. It provides ground for your samples, reacting materials, culture plates, and specimens, etc.
The primary filter that takes in the room air initially is called the filter pad. It is also called the prefilter and is usually located at the top and the bottom.
The purpose is to trap the particles that are greater than 5 microns in size.
Fan or Blower
The high-efficiency particulate air filter receives the air from the primary filter through the help of the blower.
Its position depends on the types and configuration of the Laminar Flow Chamber.
In horizontal type, it is located right next to the prefilter, and in vertical type, it is present below the prefilter. There can also be a series of fans for the amplification of the process.
HEPA Filtration System
Being a high-quality filter HEPA filters particles that are equal to or greater than 0.3 micron.
This leads to 99.9% efficiency and makes sure that the chamber is free of any particulate matter.
For higher efficiency and obtaining a sterile environment, an ultraviolet germicidal lamp is used which kills all the germs instantly.
It is important to switch it on fifteen minutes before the procedure.
For better visibility and increased accuracy, fluorescent light is important.
Major Parts of Laminar Flow Chamber
What is the Working Principle of a Laminar Flow Chamber?
- Based on the laminar flow of air through the cabinet, the working principle of the Laminar Flow Chamber uses the inward flow of air currents through the filters.
- This helps to create a particulate-free environment.
- The filtered air is then transferred to the workstation.
- The air particles move in a uniform direction, one particle following the path of the one in front of it. Uniform layers of air current are received in this way.
- The primary filter or the filter pad allows the air to move in a streamlined pattern.
- The fan system or blower draws the air from the prefilter to force it to the HEPA filter.
- The fungi, bacteria, and other particulate matter are trapped in the HEPA filter.
- A positive pressure is maintained inside the chamber which repels the introduction of any incoming particle into the chamber.
Working Principle of Laminar Flow Chamber
What are the Benefits of Laminar Flow Chamber?
Here is a list of major benefits of a Laminar Flow Chamber:
- The sturdy assembly can resist any mechanical damage as well.
- Appealing and practical design with no corners, gaps, and joints. It prevents the accumulation of dirt, dust debris, and other particulate matter thus ensuring better cleanliness.
- High-quality stainless steel material which is anti-corrosion and cannot be damaged easily.
- 9% decontamination is guaranteed because of the HEPA filter.
- Additional decontamination from larger particles can also be obtained from the prefilter.
- Laminar Flow Chamber is easy to install and requires little maintenance.
Easy Installation of Laminar Flow Chamber
Which Filtration System is Used in the Laminar Flow Chamber?
The filtration system used in Laminar Flow Chamber is high-efficiency particulate air abbreviated as HEPA. It is the type that offers 99.9% cleanliness and deals with a particle size of 0.3 microns.
The location of the filter depends on the type of the Laminar Flow Chamber. If it is a vertical laminar flow cabinet, the filter is located on top of it.
However, in the horizontal laminar flow cabinet, it can either be located in the back wall, the sides, or the bottom of the chamber.
The air currents are drawn into the filter and then they pass through it leaving the larger particles behind.
According to the configuration, either the filtered air is recirculated in the chamber or it is expelled out in the environment. Either way, it is harmless because this air is filtered.
Vertical Laminar Flow Chamber
What are the Types of a Laminar Flow Chamber?
There are two main types of Laminar Flow Chambers named vertical and horizontal laminar flow chambers.
The main difference is the direction of movement of air particles.
In this configuration, the streamlined air current moves from the top of the chamber to the bottom directly.
It is more manageable because it does not need much space to occupy as it is not deep and does not necessarily take any space on the floor.
There is a low chance of any air obstruction because of the downstream flow which is aided by gravity.
Also, it is a safer option as it does not draw the air towards the face of the person working on the desk.
This helps to reduce the risk of infections, fires, and burns. Minimum clean air is lost during the process as the air flows downstream.
The air from the surrounding is gathered and it is drawn towards the HEPA filter from behind the chamber.
Then the filtered air is projected on the workstation in a horizontal direction such that it flows towards the person working on the station.
The biggest advantage of horizontal flow is that the workspace is cleaned with a uniform velocity of air currents.
However, the unwanted feature is that the air goes to the face of the worker operating on the bench and therefore he must stay protected.
Horizontal Type Laminar Flow Chamber
What are the Uses of Laminar Flow Chamber?
There are several uses of a Laminar Flow Chamber which are listed below:
- Sensitive processes like plant tissue culturing and experimental laboratories need contaminant-free environments which are obtained with Laminar Flow Chamber.
- Inside the chamber, the processes like the culture of organisms and media plate preparations. Manufacturing sensitive electronic devices and chips also require a dust-free, contaminant-free environment.
- Drug preparations in the pharmaceutical factories and vaccine preparations in laboratories also need 100% cleanliness.
- It is useful in microbiological techniques and pathology diagnosis.
Tissue Culturing in Laminar Flow Chamber
What is the Procedure for Running a Laminar Flow Chamber?
- Make sure that there is nothing sensitive to UV rays present in the chamber before starting your work.
- Now close the sliding glass shield of the Laminar Flow Chamber and switch on the UV light.
- Make sure that you keep it switched on for at least 15 minutes so that it can perform its sterilization action completely.
- Now with the UV light and weight for another 10 minutes before starting the airflow.
- 5 minutes before you have to start your reaction or procedure, switch on the airflow to allow the air to circulate in the chamber.
- Now open the glass shield and start working by switching on the fluorescent bulbs which increase visibility.
- Working in a sitting posture is better as it allows you to work for longer hours without getting exhausted.
- You can use any other disinfectant like 70% alcohol on the workbench for increased protection and better sterilization.
- Once you are done with your work, switch off the UV lamp and fluorescent lights.
- Clean the workbench and make sure there is no equipment lying around.
- Now close the sash and it is better to sterilize the chamber again so that it is clean for the next procedure.
Cleaning of Laminar Flow Chamber
How to Differentiate Between a Laminar Flow Chamber and a Biological Safety Cabinet?
The main difference between a Laminar Flow Chamber and a biological safety cabinet is that the former does not provide protection to the worker handling the process and only protects the products being formed.
On the other hand, a biosafety cabinet not only protects the product, the person handling the product but also the environment.
A Laminar Flow Chamber does not specialize in producing a sterile environment as it does not emphasize the killing of microorganisms as much as a biosafety cabinet.
The former uses a HEPA filter with 99.9% cleanliness whereas the ULPA filter filters even smaller particles, measuring 0.012 microns and giving 99.999% cleanliness.
Biosafety cabinet is much safer and more accurate and precise.
What are the Applications of a Vertical and a Horizontal Laminar Flow Chamber?
The applications of a vertical and horizontal laminar flow cabinet include:
- Pharmaceutical Laboratory
- Semiconductor Laboratory
- Experimental Laboratory
Applications of Laminar Flow Chamber
How to Use Fans With the Motor of Laminar Flow Chamber?
The fans or blower system are to direct the air currents towards the desired direction.
They work by drawing the air towards the filter so that no air currents are lost and uniform velocity can be obtained.
To obtain the best results, the blower system and the fans must be positioned just below the filter pad close to it. This helps to create a well-defined path to the air current.
Powerful Blower of Laminar Flow Chamber
What is the Best Blower System for Maximum Productivity of your Laminar Flow Chamber?
The best motor and blower system for maximum productivity of your Laminar Flow Chamber is the latest generation motor which is more effective.
- It should be a CD ECM motor that requires the least energy for powering the system.
- Rather than ECM and VFD motors, DC motors are preferable.
- It saves 70% more energy as compared to an alternating current motor.
- It can easily deal with a stable airflow but even if there are any turbulence, and fluctuations in the voltage, it can be handled easily.
- Sometimes there are fluctuations in the building voltage which can directly affect the motors.
- It comes with a standby mode which helps in the power reduction and reduced power consumption.
- The blower system and the motors of a Laminar Flow Chamber shall have an external rotor design.
- There should be integrated blades that help you reduce the cost of a motor shaft.
- The profile should be flat and it should have a compact design.
- The motor cooling is optimized by completing the system assembly.
- Quite, smooth and silent operation is obtained by balancing the parts evenly.
Heavy Duty ECM Motor of Laminar Flow Chamber Blower Fan
What are the Additional Options for Laminar Flow Chamber?
The additional options for a Laminar Flow Chamber include:
It allows easy movement and transportation.
For better support and leveled surface.
Easily accessible from the outside, it allows convenient operation.
Acrylic Fixed Sash
This is for long processes that require many hours.
An additional blower is best as a backup.
You can take it out after the procedure and clean it outside.
Sentinel Silver Controller
It provides better and simple control.
It helps to protect the surface against any damaging agents.
Auto Purge Slot
It allows remote operation.
Tempered Glass Side Walls
For better protection and higher visibility, tempered glass is used.
Most of these additional features are for better usage and convenient operation.
They help in support, transportation, and increased efficiency of your Laminar Flow Chamber.
Also, with these features, the use becomes safer and the person behind the desk is also protected.
Work Tray of Laminar Flow Chamber
How to Obtain Maximum Efficiency of HEPA Filters of Laminar Flow Chamber?
To obtain the maximum efficiency of HEPA filters, you must follow the following tips:
- Keep a check on the filter load and empty the filter pad as soon as possible.
- Always use a primary filter so that the larger particles can be filtered beforehand.
- A primary filter shall also be replaced when needed.
- A medium filter can also be installed.
- A monthly inspection is necessary to keep a check on the condition of the filters.
- The positioning of the filters shall be kept in mind while installing them so that maximum air currents can be captured.
- A high-quality HEPA filter shall be introduced in the first place so that there is minimum wear and tear.
Primary Filter of Laminar Flow Chamber
What Are the Typical Design Features of a Laminar Flow Chamber?
The typical design features of a Laminar Flow Chamber are:
- It has a joint-free design so that there is no accumulation of particles like dust, debris, and microorganisms in space.
- Such accumulations give rise to further contamination and are hard to get rid of.
- There are no gaps between the overlapping flaps.
- The niche for the positioning of the HEPA Filter Box is adjusted according to the configuration.
- The sidewall niche is more convenient and therefore it is preferred.
- The workbench must have enough space for all the reactants, specimens, and equipment required for all processes.
- Niche for fluorescent bulbs is designed for enhanced visibility.
- There is space for ultraviolet light as well.
Typical Design of Laminar Flow Chamber
What Factors to Consider Before Purchasing your Laminar Flow Chamber?
The factors you must keep in mind while purchasing your Laminar Flow Chamber are listed here:
Always go for the best quality of stainless steel which is anti-corrosion and anti-damage for the body.
Invest in a good quality filtration system.
The size, model, and configuration shall be according to the needs of your application.
The choice of a type also depends on the use and therefore, you must select a horizontal or vertical per the work you do.
The more the light, the better will be the visibility and therefore you can ask your clean room manufacturer for more fluorescent lights in your system.
Your Laminar Flow Chamber needs to go through a factory test so that its function can be evaluated.
It also helps in predicting the change in function with any change in the external environment.
Factory Testing of Laminar Flow Chamber
What is the Purpose of UV Light in a Laminar Flow Chamber?
The purpose of a UV light in a Laminar Flow Chamber is to kill the microorganisms that cause infection and contamination. The microorganisms include bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
This is to create a sterile room so that there are no nosocomial infections, communicable diseases, and threats to the life of people working in that environment.
Germicidal UV Lamp of Laminar Flow Chamber
What are the Testing Conditions of a Laminar Flow Chamber?
The testing conditions of a Laminar Flow Chamber are as follows:
It is challenged by introducing an aerosol and then observing for any leaks in the gasket in the frame. It can be done with the help of an aerosol photometer.
It is commonly called DOP testing and its ideal measurement is 0.003% which is best for pharmaceutical industries. By using recent technology, 0.0003% can also be obtained.
Particle Count Testing
This testing method is better and more advanced than DOP. It requires the concentration of aerosol, definite particle count, and an aerosol diluter. Its measurement is 0.000005% more accurate.
Uniformity of Airflow
The criteria for uniformity and airflow velocity for the designing of the Laminar Flow Chamber shall not be more than 15%.
It is a more simple method and saves you from the inconvenience of making a grid.
Visualization of Airflow Pattern
To check the direction of the flow of air currents from the HEPA filter, this technique is useful.
It provides visual evidence of the flow and does not rely on quantitative measures. Smoke tests are diagnostic and provide a useful demonstration of the performance of filters.
The main requirements of a smoke test include:
- There is no turbulence in the air current.
- The unidirectional flow of the air shall be regained quickly as the equipment is being used.
- Airflow is away from the product and towards the source of the contaminant.
Particle Count Testing of Laminar Flow Chamber
What are the Protocols of Using a Laminar Flow Chamber?
The protocols of using a Laminar Flow Chamber are stated below:
- Go for the proper attire suitable for working in a laminar flow.
- Wear the gown, gloves, head cap, and safety goggles before entering the room.
- Disinfect the entire chamber with an effective and non-corrosive material such as alcohol.
- Switch on the UV lamp 15 minutes before the procedure and leave the chamber so that you don’t stay under the influence as it can cause skin cancer and other diseases.
- Make sure that the minimum number of people enter the laminar flow cabinet so that there is a minimum chance of contamination.
- For the transfer of goods and materials, always use a pass-through box so that there is minimum exposure to the environment and minimum human touch.
Wear Proper PPE Before Using Laminar Flow Chamber
What are the Ergonomics of a Laminar Flow Chamber?
The ergonomics of a Laminar Flow Chamber are listed below:
Usually, when the person is using a flow chamber, they have to sit rather than stand, and sitting has more obvious advantages like:
- In time-taking processes, it doesn’t tire you and you can work for long hours.
- By sitting, you can have a closer view and increased visibility.
- The body is supported constantly and does not fatigue easily.
While there are the above advantages, some drawbacks are also present.
- It gives you access to a very limited working area.
- You can get exhausted by sitting for long hours in the same posture as you don’t have the choice of moving much.
- It puts constant stress on your back.
Therefore, to obtain the ideal and healthy working conditions, pay attention to the following points:
- You must have enough legroom for extending your legs and sit back for a while.
- Your chair should have back adjustable support.
- You can also use a pillow or a cushion for back support.
- There should be a footrest so that you can have a comfortable space for your feet.
- Don’t sit with one foot on the other and keep your feet on the floor.
- The sitting position shall be changed after regular intervals so that you don’t sit at one place for long hours.
- For the protection and health of your eyes, take small breaks in between the long procedures.
- Your safety goggles shall be clean and must be worn during reactions that involve harmful chemicals such as sulphuric acid or carbon monoxide.
- All of the items required for your work shall be placed close to you so that you don’t have to go for any physical effort to approach them.
Proper Sitting Posture While Working in Laminar Flow Chamber
For best results and highest efficiency, ask your clean room supplier for a customized Laminar Flow Chamber. In this way, all the features will be useful and you can get the best value for money.
Good maintenance and regular cleaning can help you increase its life and therefore you should give due attention to these requirements.
ISO Approved and CE Certified Excellent Quality Laminar Flow Chamber