Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
- GMP Standard
- Competitive Price
- high efficiency
- Immediately Delivery for Order
- Service and Cost Performance
Your Premium Manufacturer and Supplier of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet.
Are you the one who is in search of a Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet fitted with a reliable HEPA fan filter unit? Then, the lab equipment you are looking for is nowhere around. You are on the right doorstep. Sunnyda is the only platform where you can access laboratory and clean room equipment such as ductless fume hood, downflow booths, clean room partition panels, ICU door, air shower pass box, clean room semiconductor, and a lot more.
Sunnyda continues to dominate despite all the changes in trends, increasing development, and it still beats the competition with phenomenal services and a deep understanding of your expectations and preferences. Moreover, Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet is one of the prime quality products that Sunnyda has manufactured. This laminar flow cabinet contains unique features and is built with quality material. We deal in quality to ensure compliance and long-term reliability.
All the products that are manufactured under the shadow of Sunnyda are CE-certified because we know that your medical laboratories, pharmaceutical industries, and hospital labs require sterility. And we pledge that our Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet proves to be compatible with your applications.
Our exclusive products are not only designed by our customers’ requirements but are also installed according to the specification of the client. Regardless of the situation, if you need any assistance in maintenance and mending we will always be there for you.
You can trust Sunnyda services to provide emerging ideas, constructive methods, and equipment to its customers. Our rates are lower than the market price in addition to our superior services and masterpiece products. You can hit our official website any time to place your order for your Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet.
- Data Sheet
|Cleanness||Class 100 @≥0.5μM (US Federal 209E)|
|Colonies||≤0.5pcs/dish hour (Φ90mm culture plate)|
|Work Area W1×D1×H mm||700×410×590|
|Overall Size W×D×H mm||860×590×1610|
|Applicable Operator||One Person
One Working side
|HEPA Filter Specs||680×555×50mm|
|Fluorescent Light/UV Lamp||12W×①|
Help You to Find Clean Room and Laboratory Products
Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet- A Productive Buying Guide by Sunnyda.
The Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet is constructed in such a way that it let contaminants and germs far away from the workspace. Its stainless steel structure avoids any kind of rusting, which enhances its reliability.
To perform experiments and research in sterile conditions, it is designed in a recessed and contoured shape that can be used in pharmacies and laboratories.
The foremost purpose of using such a workstation in your laboratory is to create a micro-organism-free environment to perform specialized experiments. The primary filter discharges out the excess air from the cabinet to the outside.
You may have multiple choices to use it in your pharmacies, medical labs, and academic research where you can easily get your result contaminant-free.
If you intended to open your own plant tissue culture then the major equipment you have in your lab is Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet.
By putting a filter on the air outside the hood, this cabinet will filter the air and blow it into the hood so that the operator will be able to breathe it. Particulate-free air is blown horizontally through the hood.
Now is a time for you to explore more about its features-specs advantages etc., let’s keep reading this dynamic buying guide.
Testing of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
What is Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
The Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet is an enclosed workspace that uses filters to remove all the excess particles entering the cabinet to create a contamination-free work environment.
Laminar means the direction of the flow is in one direction with almost zero or minimum turbulence.
In a laminar air flow hood, the velocity of airflow remains between 0.3m/s to 0.5m/s. The sample is protected from airborne contamination.
It is so designed to prevent any type of contamination of biological samples or bacteria. The processed air is passed through the FFU HEPA filters which carefully extract all the contaminated airborne particles to make a safe and sterile environment in the lab.
These workstations although are not suitable for the operator to some extent but ensure the protection of the product that is under examination.
Sunnyda Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
What is the Working Principle of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
The Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet works on the basic principle of unidirectional flow of the air through the cabinet.
By using one or more HEPA filters present in the cabinet, this device creates a particulate-free surrounding through an inwardly flowing air stream.
Laminar airflow is achieved by passing air through a filter system before directing it across a work surface.
Filter pads or pre-filters allow for a smoother flow of air into the cabinet after the air is passed through the filter pad.
Blowers and fans then direct air toward HEPA filters. Bacteria and other contaminated particles are ultimately trapped in these HEPA filters so that air moving through the system is particulate-free.
Most of the effluent air then passes over the working bench as it exits the cabinet toward the operator’s face, passing through perforations present at the bottom of the cabinet.
To prevent outside air contaminants from entering the cabinet, the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet is enclosed on both sides and has constant positive air pressure.
Working Principle of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
What are the Components of a Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
The Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet has the following reliable components:
The stainless steel laminar cabinet provides insulation inside the device and keeps it away from the outside polluted environment. The front side of the cabinet contains a glass shield with one or two openings to operate.
A flat worktop is placed inside the cabinet where all the cultures, test tubes, and samples are processed.
It is the only site where the operator places his burners and loops to perform experiments. It is rusting free workstation because of the stainless steel framework.
The filter pads are located on the top of the workbench where the incoming air filters. They also separate the dust particles from the air before they reach the workspace.
The blower is located at the bottom of the cabinet beneath the filter pad where a fan moves air around so that the remaining microbes become trapped as they pass through it.
The fan also allows air to move towards the filter so that it can be cleaned.
UV germicidal lamps are installed in some laminar flow hoods that sterilize cabinet interiors and contents before surgery. The UV lamp should be turned on 15 to 20 minutes before surgery to prevent the user’s skin from being exposed to ultraviolet radiation.
It is present on the inner side of the cabinet. It illuminates the interior of the cabinet while operating.
During the operation, a high-efficiency particulate air filter keeps the environment within the cabinet more sterile.
What are the Major Features of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
The prominent features of the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet that make it exceptional in the race of other cabinets are given below:
- High-quality stainless steel construction
- Noise level 52dBA
- Decrease exhaustion and improve focus on work
- Remove 99.9% Bactria
- 10x filtration efficiency of HEPA filters
- Stable airflow
- Easy to replace filters
- The cleanness level meets and exceeds ISO level 4.
Filter Replacement of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
What are the Technical Specifications of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
An important piece of lab equipment is Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet below are the common specifications of it:
- Airflow Direction: Horizontal
- Construction: SS /Powder Coated MS/ GI sheet
- Sash: Manual and Electric Sliding Door
- Side Panels: Acrylic/SS
- Air Velocity: 0.35 to 0.55m/s
- Power Supply: 220 volts / 50 Hz
- Illumination: 1 or 2 LED Light
- Air Filtration: Pre-Filter 10 Micron (Washable), HEPA Filters 0.5 Micron
- Standard Fitting: Air/ Gas Cock, Main On/Off Switch, Light On/Off Switch, Blower On/Off Switch
Heavy Duty Controller of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
How Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet Does Benefit your Application?
Finally, considering the positive aspects of the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet you will wonder by knowing the benefits that it provides to your lab applications.
Here are some of its advantages:
- Having laminar airflow parallel to the work surface eliminates turbulent effects from vertical airflows striking perpendiculars to the work surface.
- More convenient to position sterile equipment and materials closer to the filter face.
- The presence of no sash makes it more comfortable to position and work with the equipment.
- It requires less floor space.
- It is suitable for various applications.
- By using this, a safe and protective environment can be created in the laboratory.
- Usually, your hands and gloves are less contaminated while operating.
- Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet works where work surface depth is larger than another laminar flow hood.
- Worksurface turbulence is very less as compared to its other types.
Horizontal Laminar Air Flow VS Turbulent Air Flow
What are the Applications of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
The most common applications of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinets are given here:
- It is used in medical laboratories for practices that are contamination-sensitive.
- Likewise, the plant tissue culture technique also uses this cabinet for the preparation of media plates and growing organism.
- Its applications are also present in non-biological tissue culturing.
- A biotechnology lab is another application of a Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet.
- It is also being used in the pharmaceutical clean room, clean room laboratory, and hospitals.
Applications of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
Which Materials are Used in the Construction of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
Constructed of seamless polypropylene, this Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet provides filtered air directly toward the operator, so hands and gloves are less likely to contaminate the sample.
In addition to polypropylene, its core material is stainless steel which not only protects the entire structure from rusting and damage but also increases the durability of the framework.
The main component is its cabinet which is thoroughly built from SS with almost fewer or zero gaps that prevent the structure of the device from spores.
The main chamber of this cabinet is permanently fixed with an electric socket and air/ gas cock. Its air filtration system includes one of the finest HEPA filters having an efficiency of 99%.
They are available in the market in 3 to 8 feet long with the construction material of 304 stainless steel.
They filter out all the dust and polluted particles from the surroundings and throw the clean air into the chamber where the process is to be taken.
304 Stainless Steel Material for Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
What is the Procedure for Running your Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
The procedure you need to know before operating the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet is given below:
- A laminar flow cabinet should be checked before the operation to determine whether it contains anything susceptible to UV rays.
- The glass shield (sash) of the cabinet is shut down after the analysis.
- The ultraviolet light is then, switched on. To make sure the sterilization of the working bench, the UV light remains on for 15 minutes.
- The time duration of almost 10 minutes is spared before the airflow after switching off the ultraviolet light.
- The operator switch on the airflow about 5 minutes before the operation starts.
- In addition to the glass shield being opened, the fluorescent lights are also turned on during operation.
- You can also sterilize the workstation of the cabinet by using 70% alcohol-containing detergent.
- Once you are done with your performance you can switch fluorescent lamps and airflow sockets off.
Fluorescent Light in a Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
What is the Difference Between Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet and Biosafety Cabinet?
The Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet and biosafety cabinet both is the safety chamber used in the laboratories for effective analysis.
They are different from each other at some points. This difference can either be in its construction or its safety measures.
Before pondering much about its differences let’s read it from the below information.
- Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinets are used in various fields which include, including biotechnology, medical, research, manufacturing, and scientific fields. Whereas biosafety cabinets are preferred where protection is the priority.
- A Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet is not biologically safe to operate. It provides a protective environment to the specimen but not to the operator. In contrast, biological safety cabinets ensure the safety of the personnel.
- The processed air which is contaminated with different disinfectants is allowed to be blown toward the worker. Whereas in biosafety cabinets the heat is carefully evacuated from the system.
What are the Types of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
If you are already using the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet, then it is obvious you are keen to know about its type.
Here are the types of the cabinet are as given below:
Class I Laminar Flow Hood
It is a very simple and basic type of cabinet with adequate features to protect the worker and specimen to some extent. Class I Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet does not protect the substance from contamination because it has primary filters.
Class II Laminar Flow Hood
This type of laminar flow hood is capable enough to provide a protective shield to the substance under observance from the bacteria and other dust particles.
Due to its particulate-free features, it is more suitable than Class I.
Class III Laminar Flow Hood
The highest efficiency provider cabinet is a Class III type laminar flow hood. Its prominent feature is it kills all the germicides present in the air.
The air which then enters the closet is 99.9% pollution-free. It is also safe for the operator.
What Make you Choose Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet Over Vertical Laminar Flow Cabinet?
There are certainly many factors that make you choose the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet over the vertical one.
Now it is a time to highlight some of the most interesting factors:
In Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinets, the air enters the system from the rear side of the working area, whereas in a vertical laminar flow cabinet the surrounding air comes directly from the top side.
- A horizontal one requires floor space and depth for its accommodation in the laboratory.
- In Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet, the air which is filtered from the HEPA Filter is then exhausted in a parallel direction to the workplace.
- The major advantage of horizontal laminar air flow over the vertical one is its horizontal airflow cleans the surroundings while moving with constant velocity.
- The direction of airflow is parallel streamline whereas in vertical the flow of air is perpendicular to the surface.
Vertical Laminar Flow Cabinet
What are the Preventive Measures you Should Take While Operating a Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
You should be careful while dealing with electronic devices. They may result in some hazardous biological effects on your health.
So basic preventive measures should be taken while operating the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet:
- Ultraviolet light sterilization should be made mandatory before and after the usage of the cabinet.
- You should not use ultraviolet light and airflow at the same time, because it may be collapsing.
- You are strictly prohibited to perform any operation when UV light is switched on.
- You should ensure that you are wearing lab coats and long gloves before operating any experiment.
- The glass shield, working area, and all the other necessary parts of the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet should be completely sterilized before any operation.
Wear a Lab Coat Before Using Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
Which Maintenance Requirements are Necessary for the Effective Working of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
The maintenance requirement which is necessary for the effective functioning of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinets revolves around filters and blowers.
Laminar airflow cabinets are fitted with filters that trap all the unnecessary particles from the air that might enter the hood and damages the final product.
To ensure its efficiency you should alter the filters at regular intervals, by knowing the life span of the filter.
The sliding glass functions to lift up and down. Once the worker lifts it to hold the product the blower starts.
It pushes the air outside of the system by preventing the mixing.
The blower performs an excellent role, you should keep on checking its blowing rate at regular intervals to maintain its efficiency.
Cleaning of HEPA Filter of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
What Role Does UV Lamp Perform in Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
Ultraviolet lamps play a significant role in the proper functioning of laminar cabinets. It could be either vertical or Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinets. The UV lamp is an additional accessory fitted in the cabinet.
The main purpose of inducing UV light is, it adds a protective coating against the attacking dust particulates and other contaminants in the working area.
The optional night doors that are present in the cabinet contain ultraviolet radiation when the lamp is activated.
UV lights are switched on before the particular operation is taken and placed in the laminar model to sterilize the exposed workstation.
It enables a safe and protective environment inside the chamber as its radiation is highly specific that eradicates all the contaminants.
UV Lamp in a Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
Which Accessories Come With your Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
Usually, Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinets are designed in a way that adequately performs its function and gives the best results.
Apart from all the distinctive features already present in the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet.
Here, come some other luring features which are also called accessories for the particular equipment:
- Ultraviolet germicidal light whose radiations are used to sterilize the interior of the hood before the proper usage of the equipment.
- An ionizing bar functions to control the charges in the cabinet and ensures the continuous beam of electrostatic charge that help to prevent the sensitive entities against ESD.
- Sometimes air velocity meters move in the laminar flow hood, whose basic role is only to monitor the velocity and the direction of the airflow in the system.
Ionizing Bar of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
What is the Strategy to Increase the Efficiency of your Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
The strategies you should apply to increase the working efficiency of the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet are enlisted in the following description:
- The UV-C light lamps that are installed in most of the cabinets are for sterilization of the workbench.
First of all, you should activate this lamp to get a contamination-free result.
- To keep your device better for the long term, you need to switch on the UV-C lamp after you experiment.
- Another prominent key point that you need to keep in your mind every single time you use this device is never to activate the airflow and ultraviolet light simultaneously.
- It would be safer and more secure if in addition to the radiation you sterilize the workbench with alcohol, to maintain the contamination-free working environment inside the chamber.
Maintenances of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
How Often Should HEPA Filters of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet be Recertified?
The high-efficiency particle absorbing filters are used to trap all the invading bacterial and aseptic particles that get entrance through the air into the cabinet.
These filters remove bacteria from the air and increase the working efficiency of the laminar flow hood.
Talking about its theoretical efficiency, it removes at least 99.9% of all the airborne particles, pollens, and dust in the blowing air with the size of 0.3 micron
Its recertification period time depends on how often you use this filter. But in general, the HEPA filters in Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet must be checked and certified every 6 months.
The inspection after every 6 months lets you know the pollution in the air you breathe and also verify the filter whether it is any more in. working condition or not.
Recertification of HEPA Filter of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
How Many CFM Do you Need for Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
The Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet used a typical blower fan which is located at the top of the chamber.
These fans function to produce a volume of air at zero pressure. This type of airflow is measured in cubic feet per minute CFM.
The air volume that a fan produces decreases at constant pressure. The fan with excellent airflow is Dayton 1TDT8. You do not need to search for a high-powered fan, because a fan with suitable CFM is most appropriate.
To power your flow cabinet, you need a blower with 300 CFM. This frequency is adequate for getting better results.
Explosion-Proof High-Quality Blower of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
What Tests Should be Performed to Increase the Efficiency of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
There must be some proper testing techniques for the analysis of such devices. These performance tests ensure the quality, reliability, and durability of the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet.
For the proper functioning and certification, you must perform some tests.
These tests are as given:
- Integrity Testing of HEPA Filters
- Particle Counting Test
- Airflow Visualization Test
- Panel Reading Test
Performance Testing of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
What is the Direction of the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
As indicated by the name, Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet, the direction of airflow through the hood is parallel. The air moves from the backside of the system as it is opposed from the top.
The directional air is allowed to cross through the path in a horizontal straight line. This system releases the processed air directly onto the operator.
This design of the hood minimized the turbulence of airflow to great extent. In the working area, the steam line flow of the contaminant-free air provides an aseptic environment to the sample.
It has been acknowledged that the direction of airflow through the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet exits the system without any obstruction and disturbance.
Vertical and Horizontal Laminar Flow Direction
How Can you Customize a Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet?
There are three types of Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinets; it is entirely your choice which type you need for your application.
You can order it for your pharmaceutical labs, scientific purposes, and academic research.
There is always an option for the buyer to customize the laminar airflow hood according to his space and need in the following way:
- You can choose the construction material of your own choice.
- The paint, coating, glass shield can also be customized as per the client’s instruction.
- There is an option of size alteration. It is up to you either you want a giant size or you want to reduce it.
- The working area and intensity of illuminating light can also be altered.
- Any accessory you want will be provided, but any addition will increase the charges of the device.
- The worktable can also be configured. It can be placed inside the cabinet and also separate from the system.
Customized Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet
The Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet is now the need of every biological and pharmaceutical laboratory. To work in the labs without the laminar flow Cabinet being installed is nowadays very difficult.
The dust particles, pathogens, molds, fungus, bacteria, and airborne can easily contaminate your result if you perform it manually. It is better to install this system in your laboratories to get phenomenal results.
Installing it in your labs ensures you the best result in very little time. The demand for such equipment is so high in the market because of the sterile environment it provides to the specimen being observed in the system.
You can successfully perform your experiments by using the Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet in your labs. You can relish its benefits, strategies, and working efficiency by reading this buying.
ISO Certified Excellent Quality Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinet