Your Trustworthy Manufacturer and Supplier of FFU HEPA Filter
Sunnyda is proud to announce that we have succeeded to earn a name in the market due to our unique designs and pocket-friendly prices. We tend to make each product like an FFU HEPA Filter, pass-through box, air shower, and a lot more clean room equipment within the reach of every user so that you can save time and money by using it properly. We pay due attention to the design and construction to bring the most innovative design your way which is not just affordable but also reliable.
We have a highly experienced team of technicians and engineers that work very hard to create innovative products that you can consume. Our goal is to make each product in such a way that it is safe for the consumer as well as the environment. Our FFU HEPA Filter does not affect the environment and therefore Sunnyda is adding to the conservative of the ecosystem.
We believe in using the best quality construction material so that our FFU HEPA Filter can last much more than its expected life. Sunnyda pays due attention to the design so that you can have easy installation and minimum maintenance. Also, it has all the features and properties that can make your application contamination-free as it has variable mechanisms.
For order placing, installation and maintenance, you can get Sunnyda services by just calling on our number. We have a very active customer service who listens to your application demands and helps you choose the best FFU HEPA Filter which will last for more than its expected life.
|Model||SND 005||SND 006|
|Cabinet material||SS 304|
FFU HEPA Filter: An Ultimate FAQ Guide
Some applications like a hospital clean room, semiconductor industries, and laminar flow facilities require filtration of air through the particles falling in a certain range of sizes.
FFU HEPA Filter not only adds to the decontamination process of any cleaning system but is also a complete decontamination system itself.
However, it cannot deal with gasses that escape through the filter as gaseous particles are too small.
FFU HEPA Filter deals with filtering the particles like lint, dust particles, microorganisms like bacteria, fungi, and viruses, etc. The particle size is 0.3 microns and the overall efficiency is 99.99%.
There are various features and advantages of the FFU HEPA Filter which must be known in order to obtain the highest efficiency. So let’s read this buying guide for more information.
Semiconductor Cleanroom FFU HEPA Filter
What is an FFU HEPA Filter?
An FFU HEPA Filter is kind of a pleated air filter that is used in a fan filter unit. It is extensively used for reducing the number of particulate matter in the air, especially in controlled environments like a pharmaceutical clean room, a semiconductor industry, or a hospital room.
It stands for high-efficiency particulate air and therefore deals with filtration of as small as 0.3 micron-sized particles.
The best use is for applications that not only protect the person operating the reaction but also other elements like the environment and other equipment etc.
There are different types and configurations. You can choose the one according to your demand and application.
The size option is also present and you can add accessories of your choice to enhance the efficiency and increase the life of your filter.
FFU HEPA Filter is affordable and serves its purpose for many years and therefore it is worth the investment.
Sunnyda FFU HEPA Filter
What are the Properties of an FFU HEPA Filter?
Here are some properties of an FFU HEPA Filter. These properties may vary from one configuration to the other but they remain more or less the same in each application.
The characterization of the HEPA filter is dependent on the number of particulate matter it can filter and the size of the particulate matter that will be allowed to pass through it.
If your FFU HEPA Filter is certified and tested, it must meet the criterion for filtration and must filter microorganisms and particulate matter larger than 0.3 microns. It shall also be tested for EN1822 standards.
It has strong physical resistance to resist any damage induced during the handling and transport which is very common.
Even while installation, you must take care of the filter otherwise mishandling can lead to destruction and unusable product.
Due resistance against chemical agents is also provided. It can resist acids and alkalis however, it cannot filter chemical fumes.
For this purpose, you must get a chemical fume hood. These chemicals may harm the environment once they escape the controlled environment.
The energy consumption of an FFU HEPA Filter is already reasonable; however, with certain changes in pressure, you can lower the cost even further.
For example, keeping the pressure low in the beginning and increasing it steadily will help you achieve lower utility bills even in a highly controlled environment.
Although an FFU HEPA Filter needs to be replaced after a certain time period for maximum performance, its lifetime can be extended by using certain accessories or a medium filter can also help.
It maintains its efficiency throughout its lifetime and there are also some tips and tricks to increase the efficiency. It is greatly important for the productivity of the application.
Solid Particle Loading
To increase the lifetime of your product, you must pay due attention to its dust-holding capacity.
The greater the dust holding capacity, the greater will be efficiency and the greater the lifetime without any interruptions.
Oil Particle Loading
The filter can be tested by using oil-based aerosol and therefore the on-site testing involves the oil particle loading check. If it is reliable against the oil particles, it is capable of having good efficiency.
- Your FFU HEPA Filter is constructed by using randomly arranged fibers that are usually made up of propylene.
- These fibers are also composed of fiberglass between ranges of 0.5 to 2.0 mm diameter. Mostly, tangled bundles of fine fibers are also used to make these filters.
- A complicated pathway of these fibers is made to provide passage for air.
- These fibers act like a physical barrier for large particles to move through them. The small particles clash with fibers as they can’t move with the mangled and turning air.
- The smallest particles move in Brownian motion which is explained as moving around the air particles as if they were hitting these molecules.
- In the end, these particles hit the fibers due to their motion. Face velocity, fiber, and filter thickness are factors that affect its functions.
- It is composed of such fibers having air spaces greater than 0.3 μm. These filters are at a high level for the smallest particulate matter, which is constructed to target a range of particle sizes, not like sieves or membrane filters as they allow the passing of particles smaller in size than their openings and pore size.
Chemical Resistance FFU HEPA Filter
What are the Components of an FFU HEPA Filter?
The major components of an FFU HEPA Filter include:
Sometimes an alloy can also be used to make it more firm and strong. It must have damage-resistant and chemical-resistant properties.
However, the application determines the type of frame that shall be used because it gives an idea about the strength and load-bearing capacity of the frame.
It helps to create an air-tight situation by sealing your FFU HEPA Filter. It reduces the flow or leakage of air into or out of the opening other than the main path of laminar flow.
Also, the air-tight connection helps in creating the right pressure required for good filtration. It is usually made up of a solid material like PU, Silicone gel of neoprene is also extensively used in the synthesis of a gasket.
The filter media is an extremely sensitive part and it must not be kept isolated for ensuring maximum productivity.
Media separators are used to hold the opened pleats so that greater amounts of dust can be held and there is minimal resistance to filtration. The most commonly used media separators are glass fiber string or hot melt.
It is used to tightly hold all the components in place so that there is no leakage and avoid any bypass air. The materials ideal for a sealant includes silicone, ceramic, and polyurethane.
It is important to choose the sealant widely because the air bypasses can cause a major setback in the working of the FFU HEPA Filter.
FFU HEPA Filter Handle
What are the Types of an FFU HEPA Filter?
The different types of an FFU HEPA filter are stated below:
When you require a controlled air distribution system and deal with low airflow requirements, this type is most useful.
This type of FFU HEPA Filter also known as the V bank or compact filter which is mostly used in applications that deal with high airflow.
Air handling units such as a fan filter unit specifically use this type because of the high influx of air.
Ceiling Type FFU HEPA Filter
What are the Classes of an FFU HEPA Filter?
The different classes of an FFU HEPA Filter according to the EN 1822 Classification system are listed below with their respective efficiencies.
- E 10: Efficiency ≥85%
- E 11: Efficiency ≥95%
- E 12: Efficiency ≥95.5%
- H 13: Efficiency ≥95.95%
- H 14: Efficiency ≥99.995%
What is the Working Principle of an FFU HEPA Filter?
An FFU HEPA Filter does not work like a regular membrane. It is specifically designed to filter very small particles.
In a regular membrane filter, the particles that are greater than the filter pore size get stuck, and the rest are passed on.
However, an FFU HEPA Filter which is used in a fan filter unit filters the particles based on the combination of three mechanisms. These mechanisms lead to the trapping of particles in the filter.
It is the first mechanism encountered. When the air carries the particles to be filtered, the airflow makes the fibers of the filter adhere to it.
It is important for the particles to be at least in the radius of the fiber so that they can be captured.
This mechanism is for slightly larger particles. As they have a relatively greater size, these particles cannot adjust to the sudden changes in the airflow which occurs around the filter. Therefore they run towards the fibers directly and get embedded there.
It is the final mechanism. Generally linked with the movement of microscopic particles, and their interaction with the surrounding molecules, it is a simple and spontaneous mechanism.
This movement of microscopic particles is called Brownian motion. It is described as moving in a random, zig-zag, and haphazard motion where there is collision and bombardment with the surrounding molecules.
Due to Brownian motion, the path of the particle is slowed down through the FFU filter and due to this slowed speed, there is an increased risk of trapping the particle. At this point, both interception and impaction can also take place.
FFU HEPA Filter Pre-Filter
What is the Purpose of an FFU HEPA Filter?
The purpose of an FFU HEPA Filter is to create a controlled environment and aid the fan filter unit in maintaining it by constant airflow.
The greater the airflow, the greater will be the filtration and the lesser will be the chance of contamination.
As it is used in a fan filter unit, it receives the airflow from the vertical and horizontal laminar air flow, and this uniform air efficiently passes through the filter leaving only the contaminants behind.
This air can either be recirculated into the room or it can be let out in the environment. Either way, it is now clean air and doesn’t have the potential to cause any diseases as in the case of releasing unfiltered air.
Save Time and Money
If there is any contamination in any of the processes being carried out in a controlled space, the reaction will have to be repeated because the contamination leads to false results. In this way, repeated reactions or processes lead to a loss of time, money, and effort.
What are the Filter Media Materials Used in an FFU HEPA Filter?
The most basic part of your FFU HEPA Filter is the filter media and it’s placed at a point where the filtration process is most fundamental.
A variety of 3 different materials are used for the construction of these filters. A summary of these materials is as follows:
- Since the 1950s fiber made up of glass has been used as a traditional media for HEPA.
- Throughout its lifetime, glass fiber media have excellent efficiency and possess a higher capability to hold dust particles making it preferable media over others.
- These properties not only ensure maximum performance but also the product lifetime is enhanced.
- To prevent any kind of filter leakages, rough touch must be avoided as it can damage the media. That’s why the media demands very careful and professional handling.
- The second one is membrane media which was created in the latter half of the 1990s.
- The limit of introducing such media was the less consumption of energy to bring a lower drop in starting pressure.
- The main concerns of this media are its working efficiency and stability for a lifetime.
- These concerns of working efficiency and drop of pressure can be ignored during routinely media testing on-site, only because of its extraordinary loading abilities of particulate and inconsistent oil.
- The last one is the multi-fiber polymeric media also known as EnerGuard media.
- It’s the most up-to-date media in the market.
- The main aim was to develop a media possessing the beneficial qualities of glass fiber media and membrane media having no drawbacks from both of them.
- This media is provided with properties like low consumption of energy, the enhanced lifetime of your FFU HEPA Filter, and stability.
What are the Reliable Tests for your FFU HEPA Filter?
Each unit carries out its trials separately and is verified according to EN1822 standards. After that, your FFU HEPA Filter will be reliable for working.
By testing the filter through this method, not only the efficiency guaranteed by the production company can be checked but also the performance, which customers expect from the filter, can be ensured.
This type of testing occurs on-site of manufacturing and after the test is done, each unit is provided with a test certificate individually. This test certificate is the proof of reliability and stability of your FFU HEPA Filter.
ISO Certified FFU HEPA Filter
Most companies ensure this testing annually with the classification, preferably in their own controlled clean rooms. This method of testing is on-site.
To check the performance and efficiency of your FFU HEPA Filter, the testing protocols are recommended. ISO 14644-3 is the best testing protocol that can be used for this purpose.
If you want this test to be done you need to contact a locally located company that ensures filter validation.
When Does your FFU HEPA Filter Need Replacement?
The average lifetime of an FFU HEPA Filter is three to five years but there are certain factors that can increase or decrease the life by a huge difference.
In some cases, it even extends to seven years but it greatly depends upon the type of application, number of hours of working, presence or absence of prefilter, quality of the filter, quality of the filter media, and the type of contaminants.
How to Replace your FFU HEPA Filter Unit?
To replace your FFU HEPA Filter, you can follow the given steps:
- See where the filter is located. If it is in the ceiling, you might need some professional help and tools like a ladder. However, if it is on the sidewall, you can easily approach it and change it all by yourself.
- For the top filter, get a ladder and reach a certain height where the gasket is easily accessible.
- Take the filter out of the frame with some help, as it might be heavy.
- You can either leave the previous frame or install a new one based on your choice.
- Now lift the new filter and make sure that you don’t touch the filter media.
- It shall be carefully handled because if the filter media gets contaminated, the efficiency is greatly compromised.
- Carefully place the new gasket in the frame and use the sealant to lock it in place.
- If your filter is in the sidewall, take it out of the frame by careful lifting.
- Place the new filter by carefully handling the filter media.
- Now seal it with a reliable sealant and the job is done.
- You do not always necessarily require professional help for changing the filters as you can sufficiently do it yourself.
What is the Filter Efficiency of your FFU HEPA Filter?
The filtering efficiency refers to the ability of an FFU HEPA Filter to remove the particles on the basis of velocity and size.
As there is a size limitation for the smallest particles, particles greater than 0.3 microns cannot pass through it.
By using the mechanism of interception and compaction, it can capture larger particles but for smaller particles, it uses diffusion.
If it fails to filter the particles of the size that fall in this range, then it is said to be inefficient or have low efficiency. Low efficiency means a higher risk of contamination.
The particles that are most penetrating have the size of 0.3 microns. The ones falling in the size range of 0.1 to 0.4 micron are captured by using a combination of two mechanisms that are, impaction and interception.
Highly Efficient FFU HEPA Filter
How to Select the Most Suitable FFU HEPA Filter?
To select the most suitable FFU HEPA Filter, you must keep the following points in mind:
It should be tested and certified individually according to the EN1822:2019 test standard. This certificate ensures that this device is safe to be used for sensitive processes.
The performance is checked by looking at the serial number. It makes sure that this filter is not batch tested and you can trace it easily. The serial number also acts as proof of authentication. It can help you claim a warranty as well.
If there is a high-pressure drop, it is obvious that the utility cost will also be higher. The pressure drop should be low so that there is little usage of energy and you can enjoy low utility costs throughout the lifetime.
Make sure that you choose a filter that maintains its performance and efficiency throughout its lifetime.
As you cannot check the overall efficiency on site, it is better to ask for help from the professionals or reviews of other users.
Online reviews of FFU HEPA Filter or in-person consultation is very helpful as it is a one-time investment that is needed for life.
Choose the size and specifications of your filter according to your application and contamination load. Do your research about which type will be most suitable in your case.
The performance of a filter can be enhanced by using a prefilter. Therefore, see if your fan filter unit manufacturer provides the accessories or not.
What are the Maintenance Tips for your FFU HEPA Filter?
The maintenance tips for your FFU HEPA Filter are as follows:
- Always use a prefilter as it absorbs most of the contaminant material before the primary filter. In this way, the contaminant load on the main filter is greatly reduced.
- Clean the filters regularly by using a good quality disinfectant.
- Don’t expose your filter to chemical fumes and instead use a chemical fume hood for the purpose.
- Keep changing the pre-filters as it is easier and convenient. This practice also helps in longer life.
- If there is any obstruction, remove it as soon as possible as it increases the load on the other parts.
- Any damage to any components shall be fixed so that further damage can be avoided.
- Always invest in a high-quality FFU HEPA Filter that guarantees longer life so that you can spare yourself from the inconvenience of changing the filters now and then.
- Don’t place anything near the inlet of airflow such that it obstructs the influx of air.
- Pay attention to the motors and blowers of the fan filter unit that supply uniform air to the filter.
- Maintain good airflow and ventilation in the area.
FFU HEPA Filter Maintenance
How to Increase the Efficiency of your FFU HEPA Filter?
To increase the efficiency of your FFU HEPA Filter, you can go for the following points:
By using a prefilter, the load of the main filter is greatly reduced and there is an additional decontamination factor in the system which helps in increasing the efficiency.
As it is kept clean and obstruction-free, there is little chance of contamination.
However, if it is not cleaned timely, there is a chance that some contamination may occur from within the FFU HEPA Filter, which is very rare.
Regular testing and certification allow you to have a deeper look at all parts of your FFU HEPA Filter and see if any part is wearing out or needs improvement. This annual assessment and damage repair adds to the life of your filter.
As an FFU HEPA Filter has various features and benefits, it is greatly used in fan filter units for a semiconductor clean room, hospital, and medical clean room.
It needs little maintenance and therefore is great to be used in combination with all kinds of clean room supplies that work for decontamination of a controlled room.
100% Quality Tested FFU HEPA Filter