Your Leading Manufacturer and Supplier of FFU Filter.
With years of leveraged experience in the construction and designing of FFU Filter for your applications, Sunnyda is considered to be the top-rated company that is renowned among its customers for its product quality.
The implementation of different international standards assists Sunnyda to label FFU Filter with a stamp of trust and credibility. We have strived for years to earn the name of recognition and fame over the global world. All international stakeholders and retailers are in collaboration with us in making discussions over the implementation of leading technologies.
We avail you in different field applications by offering innovatively designed products such as FFU, laminar air flow cabinets, clean room panels, biosafety cabinets, downflow booth, and sliding doors, etc.
Except for research and development services, our team of experts is directed to provide you consultation and training services either for purchasing or usage of FFU Filter. We also offer you delivery services for national and overseas countries with a guarantee of product delivery within 1 to 2 weeks right after order finalization.
So if you are searching for a trustful and reliable company to purchase energy-efficient and standard or customized FFU Filter. Stop here to wander around. Sunnyda is the world’s most reliable and customer desiring company that offers you FFU Filter at very reasonable charges. So place your order today by just commencing on a call, or approach us by email, fax, or website. Sunnyda also offers installation and repair services for your clean room equipment. You can contact our working staff to get in-house servicing 24/7.
FFU Filter: An Ultimate FAQ Guide
HEPA/ULPA FFU Filter is designed as per standardized compliances as EN 1822 compliance, ASHRAE, ISO, and cGMP that ensures the credibility and integrity of FFU.
Filters enable FFU to secure its 99.999% filtration efficiency even for fine particulates and microbes trapping.
Easy cleaning, installation, maintenance, and replacement options are basic characteristics of FFU Filters that make them as best optimal, and most reliable option to choose at reasonable costs.
What is FFU Filter?
An FFU Filter is the basic unit of FFU that is integrated with it to provide sterile air for clean rooms. The compact design of FFU comprises a motor, filters, impellers, and fans together to perform the same function.
HEPA filters are the highly efficient and reliable filters of FFU that are configured to capture the dust and contaminants from the air.
Another filter outside of FFU is adjusted which is called a pre-filter/primary filter that receives contaminated air for further processing.
Sunnyda FFU Filter
How is the FFU Filter Composed?
HEPA FFU Filter is the basic air filter of FFU that ensures the maintenance of controlled conditions of a clean room by dissipating particulates ranging from 0.5 microns to 0.3 microns.
- The HEPA filter is mainly composed of fibers arranged randomly to form the filter
- The fibers of the HEPA filter are made of polypropylene or fiberglass
- The aluminum separators separate the fiberglass sheets and the aluminum frame of the HEPA filter is the covering of the filter
Sometimes a bundle of fine fibers is roughly arranged to tackle the small-sized particulates of air. These fibers act as sieves that allow the movement of air after trapping particulates.
A Variety of FFU HEPA Filters
What are the Key Features of FFU Filter?
The FFU Filter is renowned for its specified features as given below:
- HEPA filters are designed with fine fiberglass mesh trapping smaller particulates
- Small-sized prep-filters halts the passing of dust and debris ensuring the long service life of HEPA filters
- High efficient working of the filter
- Air is not re-circulated after filtration but instead dissipates out
- 7 percent working efficiency for 0.3 microns
- 999 percent efficiency of filtration in the case when ULPA is used
- Custom designing of the filter with lower costs of maintenance
- FFU Filter within double-layered housing make little or no sound while working
- The suspension pads made of rubber are configured to separate the motor vibrations
How Does an FFU Filter Work?
FFU Filter is integrated with fans to make a compact designed unit for trapping the air particulates. The basic function of the filter is to provide the cleaned air for clean rooms as:
Pre-filters are configured to trap the large particulates, dust, and debris from the air so that the HEPA filters may remain protected from dust with longer service life.
HEPA FFU Filter is the basic unit that is designed with fiberglass mesh to trap the particulates ranging from 0.5 microns to 0.2 microns. But the HEPA filter can capture the particulates with size 0f 0.3 microns.
There are three main methods through which the HEPA filters clean out the air by trapping particulates:
The airborne particulates that have a size greater than 0.3 microns come in contact with fiberglass particles of HEPA Filters.
Fiberglass trapped these particles while the air passes out smoothly from the filter.
2- Inertial Impaction
The air passing from the filter can easily pass out through any way depending upon the available path that is to be followed.
But the particulates remain in the same direction no matter what is the direction of air that is called inertia motion.
The fiberglass of HEPA obstructs these particles to go ahead while the cleaned and filtered air moves out.
The randomly moving particles are hit easily by the fiberglass and ultimately the air becomes clean.
Pre-Filter of FFU Filter
For Which Purpose FFU Filters are Integrated Inside?
- An FFU is integrated with a highly reliable and energy-efficient FFU Filter to meet the needs of different ISO-based clean room classes as ISO 3 clean room to ISO 8 clean room
- HEPA filters trap the different size airborne particulates, so these are used to combat infectious microbes
- The allergens particles are also being trapped by the HEPA filter
- To come up with filtration efficiency standards, HEPA filters are preferred to use
- To get rid of the harms of dust, dust mites, mold spores, HEPA filters are configured with FFU to get the filtered and clean air
What are the Benefits to Use FFU Filter?
FFU Filter is preferred to use for different applications due to their diverse benefits as given below:
The FFU Filters are lightweight and can easily install at the ceiling grids of the clean room. You do not need to worry that the roof would come down by its installation.
Lower Cost of Maintenance
HEPA filters are easy to maintain and clean as they are sensitive to detergents for cleaning. By using sterile soft clothing, the filter can be cleaned.
Protection from Infections
The FFU Filter can capture the smaller size infection-causing microbes, allergens, and even covid-19.
The filters are available in a wide variety that assists the manufacturing of a full line of FFU.
Option of Filters Replacement
The FFU Filter can be replaced with a new one when there would be any damage may occur.
FFU Unit Filter Replacement
What are the Applications of FFU Filter?
FFU Filter as HEPA filters or ULPA filters is renowned for their peculiar filtration and working efficiency to dissipate the particulates of 0.3 microns diameter.
For this specification these filters are used for a wide range of applications as given below:
- Nuclear Power Station
- Operating Theaters
- Food Industry
- Bacteriological Laboratories
- Electronic Industries
- Pharmaceutical Clean Room
- Semiconductor Clean Room
- Sterile Workbenches
- Photographic Industries
FFU Filter Applications
How is the Efficiency of FFU Filter Calculated?
The FFU Filter works with greater efficiency to remove airborne particulates. HEPA filters of FFU are designed to comply with efficiency standards.
The efficiency standard designed by the department of energy (DOE STD-3020-2005) of US qualification ensures that the filter is HEPA with the requisite to trap the particles with a size of 0.3 microns.
This standard also ensures that the HEPA filter must work with 99.97 percent working efficiency.
This standard also provides the validity that the filter can resist the pressure drop and works with a high flow rate.
The percentage efficiency of the HEPA filter can be calculated by using the following formula:
E= (1- D/U) 100
‘E’ represents the percent efficiency, ‘D’ represents the downstream concentration, and ‘U’ represents contaminants at the upstream concentration.
Under Which Standardized Compliance is an FFU Filter Designed?
Highly reliable and credible air filters as HEPA/ULPA FFU Filter are designed under standardized compliance as given below:
- EN 1822 Compliance
- cGMP Compliance
- IEST RP-CC001 Compliance for HEPA and ULPA Filters
- ASTM F1471Compliance for Performing Test About Air Cleaning
- ISO 14644-3 Compliance
- MIL-STD 282 Filter Testing Standard
- ASHRAE Standardization
ISO Certified FFU Filter
According to European Standard, How Many Types of FFU Filter are Available?
According to the European standard that is called EN1822 compliance, the FFU Filter is classified according to the working efficiency and capability to capture the airborne particulates.
As per directions of EN 1822 compliance, the MPPS of each filter is calculated by using specified instruments as a spectrophotometer as well as an electrostatic classifier.
As per MPPS, the HEPA and ULPA filters are classified as:
- E10 class of HEPA filter with 85 percent working efficiency
- E 11 class of HEPA filter with 95 percent working efficiency
- E12 HEPA with 99.5 %t working efficiency
- H 13 HEPA with 99.95 percent efficiency
- H 14 class of HEPA with 99.995 percent efficiency
- U 1 class of ULPA with 99.9995% efficiency
- U 16 ULPA with 99.99995% efficiency
- U 17 of ULPA with 99.999995% percent working efficiency
What are the Accredit Certifications of FFU Filter?
The FFU Filter works with credible efficiency standards. Different international organizations offer validation tests to identify the integrity of filters.
The HEPA filter is accredited with certification from different international organizations as:
- UL Certification
- IEST Accredit Certification
- NAFA Accredit Certification
- ASHRAE Accredit Certification
- Certification from ISO
Can FFU Filter Trap Covid-19 on Exposure?
A properly maintained and organized FFU Filter act as the best unit that can combat with exposure of covid-19 viruses.
HEPA filters and ULPA filters of FFU dissipate a large number of airborne particulates from air to make it suitable for normal breathing.
HEPA filters work with 99.99 percent efficiency to dissipate the contaminants with size ranges from 0.3 microns.
But the covid -19 viruses are with 0.12 microns size. So it cannot be said with a guarantee that all of the SARS Covid-2 viruses will be trapped by the HEPA filter.
But the HEPA can capture the larger particles and the viruses clinging with these particles.
As covid-19 is considered to be attached with dust particles or large specks that are easily captured by HEPA filters. In this way, it is said that HEPA can capture viruses somehow.
Except for, the impaction, inertial impaction and diffusion processes of HEPA filters assist it to capture the covid-19.
The smaller size of covid-19 makes them move randomly. The randomly moving viruses are being trapped by HEPA through the diffusion process.
Hallways, isolation rooms, patient wards are featured with HEPA FFU Filter to dissipate the covid-19 and other infectious viruses to a greater extent.
On the other hand, the ULPA filter has greater capability to combat covid-19 as compared to the HEPA filter because it can catch particulates with size ranges of 0.12 micron.
ULPA reduces the airflow rate to dissipate the viruses. For its fine activity, ULPA FFU Filter is being used for intensive care units and operating rooms of hospitals.
ULPA Filter for FFU Filter
How Long Can an FFU Filter Persist?
The HEPA and ULPA FFU Filter are designed to perform air filtration to a great extent to offer controlled conditions for clean rooms.
The service life of these filters ranges from three to five years. Some factors can affect the maintenance of filters durability as:
Pre-Filters Availability and Maintenance
Availability of pre-filters assists in increasing the service duration of the filters because it obstructs the entrance of dust and debris towards the main filter.
Operating Time of the Filter
The operating time also affects the service life of HEPA and ULPA filters. Filter that is used for a whole day will have a lower service life as compared to the filter that is used less frequently.
Airflow Rate Controlled by Fans
Fan of FFU controls the airflow speed. Air with high speeding increases the burdensome over filter as compared to lower airflow rate.
How Can you Determine the Needs of FFU Filter to Change?
The FFU Filter that is configured to clean the air by filtration should be replaced with the new one so that the working efficiency of FFU may remain persistent.
With the passage of time, dust and debris accumulation may narrow the filtration capacity. So it should be replaced by keeping in view some basic aspects as given below:
- Check out the differential pressure of HEPA filters that works with positive pressure and high airflow rate.
- With long-term working duration, the airflow rate of the filter slows down and the pressure of the filter also mitigates negatively dictating that there is a need to replace the filter.
- An alarm system integrated into FFU for filter replacement also makes it easy to identify the needs and the time of change the HEPA filter with a new one.
- The alarms system detects the change in differential pressure of the HEPA filter and makes an alarm when the pressure drops from the set point.
- The FFU Filter replacement time can also be detected by measuring the air velocity dissipating out from FFU. The airflow rate depends on the class of ISO clean room.
- If air velocity goes down, then you must consider that there is a need to change the filter paper for the continuation of efficient working.
- But this inspection of air velocity is sometimes considered not to be reliable because the airflow does not remain uniform at the filter face.
What is Room Side Replaceable FFU Filter?
The room side replaceable FFU Filter is positioned towards the clean room side instead of the topside with its fixing with the ceiling.
Replacement of Room Side FFU Filter
- It is best suitable for flawless working of the clean rooms because the filters are easy to replace with a new one.
- The ladder is also required for the replacement of HEPA filters of room side installed FFU but only one person is enough for replacement.
- There is no need to stop the clean room from working because the filter is being replaced without the dismantling of FFU.
- The retaining tabs of the FFU are simply twisted to replace the HEPA filter. While replacement of filters of one FFU, all other filters continue to work retaining the positive pressure of the clean room.
- The contaminants also remained aside from the clean room with lower servicing and cleaning costs of the clean room as compared to topside filter replacement in FFU.
Room Side FFU Filter
What is Topside Replaceable FFU Filter?
The FFU is installed with ceiling grids of a clean room and the FFU Filter replaceable option is present on the topside.
The installation of these replaceable filters is best for small-scale and less stringent conditions requiring clean rooms.
- To replace the HEPA filter of this topside FFU, there is a need to put out the filter from the ceiling bay.
- A large-sized leader is being used to put out the FFU by climbing up. PPE is also being used and personnel is also required.
- But the drawback of this Filter replacement is that the process inside the clean room stops because the ceiling is breached.
- The chances of the contamination may also exist. The working remains halted of the clean room until the HEPA box may not come in functional form.
- After replacement, the germicides and fungicides are used to complete the cleaning process of the clean room.
- After cleaning, the clean room standardized conditions are maintained. Airflow rate is set as per requisite under cGMP Overall the topside FFU Filter replacement is costive to deal with its servicing.
Which Precautions Should be Followed for Safe Installation of FFU Filter?
As FFU Filter is highly delicate and efficient in its filtration process. To install the HEPA filters of FFU carefully, there should follow some precautions as:
- Use PPE as gloves and goggles to install the filers of FFU.
- The installation site should be cleaned before installing the filter.
- Carefully positioned and handled the filter at one place during installation so that the filter may not get damaged.
- Handle the filter frame with great peculiarity and follow the direction mentioned by the manufacturer for filters concerning FFU.
- Not to start the cleaning process of the filter until the whole process may get completed.
How is FFU Filter Installed?
The FFU Filter is installed inside the FFU by following steps as given below:
The fan filter unit is put over the HEPA filters.
The FFU press down the gaskets of the HEPA filter so that the air will be tightened.
The HEPA filters are handled strongly so that the position and filter may remain protective.
Tape can be used as per requisite while filter will be adjusted at the T-grid of clean room ceiling.
In case of installation from the downward side, the FFU is adjusted with the ceiling first by the use of rope and then the HEPA filter is integrated with the unit and then the FFU fans.
FFU Filter Installation
How Often Should you Change the Primary FFU Filter?
The Primary FFU Filter is integrated into the FFU unit especially for the protection of HEPA filters from dust accumulation.
The primary filters or the pre-filters are the foremost ones to capture the incoming air. All of the dust and debris is being discharged by the primary filter.
So the primary filters get pleated with dust and holes obstruction so these should be replaced earlier as within 1 to 3 months.
The ambient conditions that affect the HEPA filter also affect the service life of the primary filter.
Which Tests are Performed to Estimate the Integrity of FFU Filter?
To check the integrity of FFU Filter as HEPA filters the standardized tests are performed that ensures its credibility and reliability to use as:
It is the basic test that is performed to inspect the working efficiency of the filter. Any fault in the HEPA filter can be detected by the DOP test.
The oil particulates are used that are spread like aerosol with air to come in exposure with HEPA filter.
The penetration of particulates is calculated by a photometer that detects the percentage efficiency of the filter. If the value matches the standard value, the filter will be considered reliable to use.
The sodium flame test method is also used to find the HEPA filter integrity. In this test, the NaCl fog is produced by flaming to calculate the dust particulates in the air coming from the filter. The brightness of the flame dictates the results.
Now flame photometers can be used to estimate the results about HEPA filter integrity and working efficiency.
This method is mostly used in the US for the validity of ULPA filters. Condensation nucleus counter and laser counters are used to monitor the air outlet for dust particles count passing from the filter.
FFU Filter Testing
How Can you Increase the Service Life of your FFU Filter?
The replacement of filters is time-taking as well as a cost-effective process. You can increase the service life of FFU Filters by keeping in view some considerations as given below:
Installation of Primary Filters
Make sure the Installation of primary filters in FFU so that the air may enter first in a primary filter that will trap all of the dust and debris from the air.
In this way, the main filter as HEPA will be protected from dust accumulation resulting in the increased service life of the unit.
Good Care and Cleaning
By making good care of filters, and through regular cleaning, the service life of the filters can also be increased to almost 5 years than displayed service life from the company.
Better Air Quality
If the quality of air would be good, the chances of filters being pleated with dust would be less and ultimately the durability of the HEPA filter will be increased.
Setup of Air Re-Circulatory System
The service life of the FFU Filter can be increased by setting an air recirculation system inside the clean room. But recirculation system requires a separate duct system or HVAC system.
How to Repair and Troubleshoot your FFU Filter?
An FFU Filter assists to make sterile room for working in controlled conditions by removing all of the contaminants from the air.
In case of any fault the filters can be repaired and troubleshoot as:
- Count the number of particulates captured by the HEPA filter by using a dust counter. If the efficiency would not be according to standard then replace the filter with a new one
- The filters can be repaired if the service life is not completed. The fans are checked and clean if there is a change in air flow rate.
- Check out the filter in brightness before installation to confirm that the filter is in good condition.
- Inspect any leakage in the HEPA filter. If there would be any leakage in the filter, use the sealant to fill up the leaks of the filter.
- If you found any obstruction in the streamline airflow, check if there is any other air source in the clean room and adjust the position.
How to Maintain your FFU Filter?
An FFU is a compact designed unit that contains its fan and filters to provide contamination-free air for sterile rooms.
The FFU Filter should be cleaned and maintained so that the service life of the unit may be increased to a great extent in the following way:
- Always prefer to use a primary filter or pre-filter that will trap all of the dust and debris from the air before moving it towards the main HEPA filter.
- Inspect the working efficiency of the filter as per efficiency standard. If the efficiency slows down, replace the filter with a new one to maintain the normal working.
- Generally, the HEPA filters are considered not to be feasible for washing. Clean out the filter by using a clean cloth.
- Also, clean the filter fan by using a vacuum cleaner after removing the filter Compressed gas can also be used for this purpose.
- The durability of the HEPA ranges from 6 months to almost 10 years but depends upon the maintenance and care of the filters.
- For better performance, the HEPA filter should be replaced after a specific duration as after 2 or 3 years.
FFU Filter Maintenances
Thus a HEPA/ULPA FFU Filter is considered to be the leading edge of FFU that is configured to get the ambient air and provide quickly clean and contamination-free air. The air draws out from FFU in vertical and laminar airflow directions.
The filters are easy to install for their lightweight and can easily replace when there would be any leak or damage that will occur either from the topside or room side of the application.
EN 1822, cGMP, and IEST standardized accredit certifications are the core proof of filters’ authenticity and validity as well as longer service life.
100% Quality Tested FFU Filter