FFU Fan Filter Unit Manufacturer
- GMP Standard
- Competitive Price
- Shipping Worldwide
- Adjustable Air volume
- Best After-Sale Service
Your Reliable Manufacturer of FFU Fan Filter Unit.
Sunnyda is a well-known designing and manufacturing company that has introduced the most unique and up-to-date clean room supplies like FFU Fan Filter Unit in the market. Our goal is to create products that not only fit your budget but also serve the purpose for many long years. We have years of experience in this field and we are well aware of all the good and bad qualities of such products in the market.
Our main focus is the quality of the raw material used to manufacture products for your industry. Sunnyda only relies upon the highest quality materials to produce an FFU Fan Filter Unit that works for years. With easy assembly and installation procedures, it is preferred by all the users in the market who value good quality goods.
Sunnyda is proud to have an amazing team of well-trained technicians and highly educated engineers who have years of experience in this field. They try their best to create the most unique FFU Fan Filter Unit for your clean rooms and research labs with innovative features. All the products including an air shower, pass through window, and laminar flow cabinet has an easy interface and have no negative impact on your environment. They ensure the safety of your user and the products being handled as well.
We have 24/7 active customer service with a very friendly staff. They will help you select the most suitable FFU Fan Filter Unit for your application according to your budget and priorities. Sunnyda offers great customization deals so that you get the most preferable features in your products. You can call our customer service for order placing, any installation and maintenance services.
- Data Sheet
|Model No||FFU Fan Filter Unit 750||FFU Fan Filter Unit 780|
|Outside Dimension (mm)||1185x585x300||1185x1185x350|
|Body material||304 Stainless steel|
Help to Find Your Cleanroom Related Products
FFU Fan Filter Unit: An Ultimate FAQ Guide
An FFU Fan Filter Unit is powered by a motor and it purifies the air through filtration. It filters the contaminant particles from the air that passes through it.
Being extensively used in a medical clean room, pharmaceutical clean room, semiconductor clean room, and laboratories, it plays a significant role in the decontamination and maintenance of a sterile environment.
The ideal location for it to be installed is in the ceiling or the floor grid of the system in which it is used.
The number of these units has to be proportional to the size of the facility. The bigger the application, the greater the number of FFU Fan Filter Unit is required.
With easy installation and maintenance, it does not need any professional to operate it all the time. It has its own motor, filter, and air distribution equipment.
Made up of high-quality raw material, it has a sturdy assembly and many other features beneficial for various applications.
This buying guide contains all the information that you might require, so let’s get started.
Customized FFU Fan Filter Unit
What is an FFU Fan Filter Unit?
Powered by a motor, an FFU Fan Filter Unit is a machine that controls the air distribution by filtering out any contaminant particles in a laboratory, pharmaceutical clean room, or any other sensitive application.
It is equipped with its motor, prefilters, HEPA filter, and other significant components. The decontamination offered is sufficient for the removal of unwanted particles in an application.
Made up of high-quality stainless steel material, it has anti-corrosion and anti-damage properties.
There is no negative effect on the environment and also protects the person operating it.
Sunnyda FFU Fan Filter Unit
What are the Main Features of an FFU Fan Filter Unit?
The main features of an FFU Fan Filter Unit are listed below:
- There is a perforated diffuser panel below the filter of the unit. It acts as a showerhead and keeps the filter integrated. It also helps in maintaining a uniform laminar airflow. This helps in decreasing particle build-up, air swirling, and turbulence.
- The roomside replaceable filter has a gel-filled channel allowing tight sealing. This is beneficial for filter replacement which becomes easy and convenient without shutting down the clean room which can be very cost-effective.
- FFU Fan Filter Unit is equipped with a HEPA /ULPA filter which filters out very small particles and adds to the decontamination process. These filters also help in capturing mold, bacteria, and viruses which cause infections in humans.
- A uniform laminar airflow is promoted which leads to decreased turbulence and a lower chance of contamination.
- There is an anodized diffuser plate that promotes uniform airflow and helps in the elimination of contaminant particles.
- An FFU Fan Filter Unit comes in various configurations and designs. It also deals with vapor removal and sanitization.
- Because of modern design and smooth working, it has a silent operation.
- Equipped with EC energy-saving fans, it has an economical operation and helps you save on utility bills.
- It also comes with a UV filtration lamp which enhances its efficiency but it is optional.
- The filter has a split design which makes it easy to install and easy to replace whenever required.
- The microprocessor control system is advanced and innovative therefore it allows controlling from a remote site.
What are the Specifications of an FFU Fan Filter Unit?
Here are a few specifications of an FFU Fan Filter Unit:
- The average velocity is 90+ FPM and the airflow is 640+ CFM when observed at medium speed.
- There are three speed settings as low, medium, and high to simplify the air balancing.
- The diffuser and internal baffling plate are for uniform airflow and quiet operation.
- Innovative design for minimum vibration and quiet operation.
- The voltage required is 120V, 240V.
- The material used is stainless steel, powder-coated steel, anodized steel, high-quality aluminum, and steel.
- Size options are 610 x 1219 mm, 610 x 914 mm, 610 x 610 mm
- HEPA or ULPA filters can be replaced with room side or top side access.
FFU Fan Filter Unit Stainless Steel Cabinet
What are the Major Applications of an FFU Fan Filter Unit?
The major applications of an FFU Fan Filter Unit include:
- Pharmaceutical Clean Room
- Medical Clean Room
- Research Laboratories
- Hospital Clean Room
- Food Industries
The above applications require a contaminant-free environment for maximum productivity.
Any contaminant if introduced in the process can lead to misleading results and loss of time and money. Therefore maximum decontamination and protection are necessary for the first go.
FFU Fan Filter Unit Applications
What are the Design Specifications of the FFU Fan Filter Unit?
The design specifications of an FFU Fan Filter Unit are as follows:
- It is designed in such a way that there are minimum joints and overlapping regions as these are the points where the contaminants get stuck and give rise to the growth of bacteria and fungi.
- A constant laminar flow is maintained and supported.
- The filter is located in the ceiling or the sidewall according to the configuration. Sidewall filters are more convenient as it becomes easier to reach them while changing or replacing them.
- Many fan filter units can be integrated to form one unit and as its size is big, any fault in one unit does not compromise the performance of the entire system.
- It is normal for laboratories, clean rooms to have a ceiling filled with an array of FFU Fan Filter Units.
Design Specifications of the FFU Fan Filter Unit
What are the Construction Requirements of the FFU Fan Filter Unit?
The construction requirements of an FFU Fan Filter Unit include:
- The casing is made up of a strong metal that can resist any damage if enforced. The most common material used for casing is aluminum and stainless steel. Anodized aluminum can also be used.
- It is corrosion resistant as it comes in contact with corrosive materials a lot.
- Also, the casing is designed according to size and location.
- It can be made either for ceiling setting or room side wall setting.
A common plenum is preferred as it has many advantages and it reduces the chance of contamination due to airflow from the ceiling to the clean area.
There is an option between an AC motor and a DC motor. The former is economical and easier to handle while the latter gives better performance and higher efficiency.
According to the filter load, the filter shall be selected and then mounted in the unit. As it is an important component, filter selection and mounting shall be done wisely. It can be either a HEPA fan filter unit or a ULPA fan filter unit.
What are the Filter Configurations of an FFU Fan Filter Unit?
Two types of filter configurations are accepted in an FFU Fan Filter Unit.
Depending upon the requirement of decontamination and the size of particles being dealt, you can select the most appropriate one.
For filtering the particle size of 0.3 microns and greater, a HEPA filter is 99.99% efficient. It is extensively used in many other decontamination units as well and is easy to install and maintain.
This configuration has opted when you require ultrafiltration in your application. It filters the particle-sized 0.12 or greater and therefore has a higher efficiency than that of HEPA.
Using a combination of prefilters and primary filters is better because it increases the life of the main filter and helps you obtain greater performance with minimum input.
FFU Fan Filter Unit HEPA Filter
What is the Significance of LED Lighting in the FFU Fan Filter Unit?
The LED lighting is significant in an FFU Fan Filter Unit because it transforms the regular unit into a highly efficient one.
High-performance fan filter unit by using the best quality LED lighting and it has the following advantages:
The Ceiling Congestion
As there are LED lights inside the unit, there is no need for traditional lighting in the ceiling of highly sensitive applications such as a hospital clean room.
In this way, space is conserved and now there is more space that can be occupied by the fan filter unit.
Integrated LED lighting enables the light source and the airflow both to be directed towards the workstation.
This ensures maximum productivity since there is no hindrance in the path of air and light.
The intensity of integrated LED is ideal for sensitive applications and allows you to see every minute details which may be missed otherwise. It also helps to reduce glare on reflective surfaces such as monitors.
You can control the intensity and dimness of this light to accommodate the type of procedure being carried out. There is an option of various lighting temperatures.
What are the Types of Speed Controllers in the FFU Fan Filter Unit?
The resultant airflow and motor speed can be conveniently controlled through the speed controllers of your FFU Fan Filter Unit. These controllers comprise an important component of the unit.
The speed of air can be controlled and adjusted according to the requirement of each process. Here are the types of speed controllers:
PSC Speed Controller
The speed of permanent split capacitor motors can be controlled with this type. It allows you to make airflow adjustments with the help of an onboard dial.
The dial ranges from minimum to maximum speed and it gives maximum functionality over a three-speed switch.
Standard ECM Speed Controller
Conveniently operated on low voltage, this controller enables you to have both manual and automated control.
You can use the onboard dial to control the high-performance EC motor. The mode can be easily switched between building automation systems and manual.
Wall Mounted ECM Speed Controller
With the ability to control over 30 units, it enables you to have BFC or ECMSC and uses an analog from 0 to 10.
PSC Speed Controller FFU Fan Filter Unit
What are the Speed Control Adjustments in FFU Fan Filter Unit?
The speed control adjustments offered by an FFU Fan Filter Unit are as follows:
These controls can be adjusted according to the application and type of reaction taking place there. Another factor to affect these controls is the type of contaminants.
You can adjust these controls through a dial that ranges from a minimum to a maximum point. These adjustments are automated as well as manual.
What are the Advantages of a Common Plenum System in an FFU Fan Filter Unit?
The advantages of a negative pressure common plenum system in an FFU Fan Filter Unit are as follows:
It decreases the risk of the transfer of contaminants from the ceiling to the workstation. Therefore it is a less expensive and less complex ceiling system and is preferred.
The FFU Fan Filter Unit draws the excessive airflow from common returns and directs it towards the air handling unit to mix with the makeup air.
What are the Roomside Accessible Controls of the FFU Fan Filter Unit?
The roomside accessible controls of an FFU Fan Filter Unit includes:
- There is a rotating control box that helps you control the unit and it can be accessed from either the room side or the top.
- If you want to reach the control box from the room side, first remove the diffuser face, then the HEPA filter box, and then the gasket control cover which is located inside the plenum.
- A disconnect switch is placed on the control box which is easy to access no matter where the control box is located.
- You also have the options of the PSCSC, ECMSC, and BFC control.
What are the Features of the Casing of the FFU Fan Filter Unit?
Following are the features of the casing of an FFU Fan Filter Unit:
- It is a self-supporting and torsion-free structure that is quite easy to decontaminate.
- The construction is made up of aluminum sheets.
- Sound absorbing material is preferred for this assembly as this function is required in food industries, a pharmaceutical clean room, and the medical industry. This material has a high sound-absorbing coefficient.
- The approximate density is 9kg/ m3 and it is quite resistant to fire.
- The structure is made abrasion-proof especially for applications like the microelectronics industry. It is matted with mineral fiber or material glass for additional benefits.
- The casing has two nozzles on the top from where the testing probe can be entered. This testing probe is for fittings and aerosol supplies. It can also be used to measure the leakage.
- These nozzles have the additional function of controlling the difference in filter pressure.
- It is equipped with grip mounts which make handling and transport easy and convenient.
- Other construction options include stainless steel, anodized aluminum, and zinc electroplated steel.
How to Ensure Safety While Using your FFU Fan Filter Unit?
To ensure safety while using an FFU Fan Filter Unit, you must take the following steps:
- Make sure there is no air handling unit such as an air flow cabinet in close vicinity because it disrupts the airflow pattern and causes turbulence which gives rise to contamination.
- All the wiring of the system should be well insulated.
- The motor of the system should be working at the optimum performance level.
- Don’t light a fire near the system directly. Use an electrical burner if necessary.
- Keep any chemical contaminants away from an FFU as it cannot handle chemical aerosol contaminants. For chemical waste, you must install a chemical fume hood.
- Change or replace the filters in due time so that you can receive maximum productivity and there is no chance of contamination which can lead to disastrous effects.
- Always follow the protocol of working inside the clean room or sensitive application such as wearing a lab coat, safety goggles, gloves, and masks.
- Never touch the filter with bare hands.
- Maintain a good airflow so that more air is filtered in each round.
What are the Installation Instructions of your FFU Fan Filter Unit?
The installation instructions for your FFU Fan Filter Unit are as follows:
- Unpack and check the product for any shipping damage and any foreign objects that could hinder the normal operation.
- Make sure that you receive all the components of the unit.
- Look for complete sealing of the unit.
- Before installing the FFU, install the gasket on the ceiling grid. It helps in proper sealing.
- Now install the FFU Fan Filter Unit in the ceiling with the help of at least two people. Be careful that you don’t touch the filter media.
- Use hand wire from the eyebolts of the fan filter unit to the above structure. This will act as additional safety.
- If your system is ducted, connect the dust system to the duct collar.
- The control wiring power shall be established and connected to the main power.
- Now install the HEPA or the ULPA filter according to the type and preferred location of the unit.
- Turn the system on and adjust the airflow according to the CFM requirement.
- Go for a leak test for your FFU.
- The filter shall also be tested to verify the airflow.
FFU Fan Filter Unit Ready for Installation
How to Startup your FFU Fan Filter Unit?
To start up your FFU Fan Filter Unit, go for the following steps:
- Establish an electrical connection and check if the voltage is correct.
- Check the wiring of the whole system to ensure that there is no danger. All wires shall be insulated and in place.
- Check all the bolts, screws, and nuts to see if they are tight.
- See if the bowler wheel is free and can be rotated.
- Connect to the power and see the direction of the bowler wheel. It should be clockwise from a top view.
- If the bowler wheel does not rotate in the right direction, there might be some damage while shipping or unpacking.
FFU Fan Filter Unit electrical Connection Establishment
When to Replace the Filters of your FFU Fan Filter Unit?
A HEPA or ULPA filter typically has a life of 3-5 years. If used with great care, the life may be extended to 5-7 years.
However, it greatly depends upon the type of application and filter load. The use of a medium filter is also helpful.
Some filters need to work 24/7 all 7 days a week and therefore, they will have a shorter life as compared to the ones being used in a facility that does not run their filters all the time.
The use of pre-filters and a medium filter greatly increases the efficiency of a filter and also adds to the years of life.
It is because most of the contaminants are trapped by the prefilters and only the fine particles get to teach the primary filter, thus less damage to the HEPA or ULPA.
You should change the filters of your FFU Fan Filter Unit when you feel that you need to change them.
You can observe a significant lowering in the performance level and with the replacement of the filters, you can again achieve the maximum performance.
A particle test can also be performed to check the efficiency of your filter and to see if you need to replace them. Also, your filter must be according to the ISO standards for which it was designed.
FFU Fan Filter Unit Filter Replacement
What are the Troubleshooting Techniques for your FFU Fan Filter Unit?
Here are a few problems and their solutions regarding an FFU Fan Filter Unit:
Low Air Velocity
It is a very common problem and it can be overcome by:
- Check the pre-filter media and see if it needs changing or replacement.
- For higher blower output, the variable speed for a certain voltage must be adjusted.
- See if the unit is receiving proper voltage, distribution frequency, and amperage.
- If all of the above doesn’t work, replace the main filter.
High Air Velocity
- The speed control shall be adjusted to obtain lower blower output.
- See if there is any obstruction in the airflow pattern.
- There should be no other air-handling devices working close to the system. It disrupts the airflow.
- Check the air velocity. If it is low, then perform the correction procedure for low velocity.
- Run a smoke test or a photometer test.
Excessive Contamination and Non-Laminar Flow
- See the ducting of the unit.
- If there is a duct system, check the inlet pressure. The inlet pressure should not be positive.
- If it is positive, rebalance the pressure unless it reaches zero.
Motor Shutting Off
- See if the motor is being run on the correct voltage.
- Check the wiring of the motor.
- Maintain a stable electricity connection.
LED Light Turned Red
- Again check the electrical connection and the function of the motor.
LED Light Turned Yellow
- Change the filters of the system.
The Motor is Not Starting
- See the correct voltage of the motor is being received.
- The speed controller should have sufficient power.
- The control mode on the speed control shall be thoroughly checked.
FFU Fan Filter Unit Troubleshooting
How to Purchase the Most Suitable FFU Fan Filter Unit?
To purchase the most suitable FFU Fan Filter Unit, you must keep the following points in mind:
Select a Model
Opt for a model which suits your application and design allows optimal functioning.
Consider your Application
The greater the area of application, the greater will be the number of FFU required to deal with the volume of air.
Consider Contamination Load
The number and size of an FFU shall be proportional to the contamination load so that it can easily control the airflow and there is no mishandling.
Before purchasing your FFU Fan Filter Unit, look for online reviews. It is better to ask for suggestions from your colleagues and other people related to the field.
Make sure that your product is certified. Ask your clean room manufacturer to provide complete certification. It will help you in the evaluation and assessment of working with time.
Always go for factory testing before purchasing the product. It helps you evaluate the performance with changes in external conditions.
You can ask for any customization in terms of features, size, and design.
What are the Recommended Tests for your FFU Fan Filter Unit and Why are They Required?
It is important to test your FFU Fan Filter Unit because it helps you assess the performance to maintain the stability of the system.
The recommended tests are:
- Smoke Test
- Airflow Test
- Vibration Test
- Noise Test
- Photometer Test
These tests are required to keep a check on the performance of your FFU Fan Filter Unit.
ISO Certified FFU Fan Filter Unit
An FFU Fan Filter Unit is a simple air handling unit that decontaminates sensitive applications such as semiconductor clean rooms, hospital clean rooms, and laboratories.
It is equipped with unique features that can be used to your advantage. Customization is also offered so that you can get the maximum benefit of all the features.
It has easy installation and maintenance which can be performed by anyone. However, you can ask your fan filter unit manufacturer to provide these services.
100% Quality Tested FFU Fan Filter Unit