Your Trustworthy Manufacturer and Supplier of Premium Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room.
Sunnyda is known to be the most innovative creator of clan room and laboratory products with the latest technology. With the growing competition in the market, we have come up with the best quality clean room equipment for you including a Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room. We make sure that our products are not just unique and useful but also long-lasting and reliable for your industry. Whether you want to invest in a modular clean room, an air shower room, or a pass-through box, we have prime-quality equipment for you.
By using the highest quality of raw materials, we make each of our products sturdy and strong. For added safety, Sunnyda uses anti-corrosion and anti-damage materials. A Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room comes in a premade assembly which is easy to install and lasts for many years. For adding unique features, there is a precise microprocessor unit that controls the functions of each product.
Sunnyda has a highly educated and well-qualified team of engineers from all around the world. With expertise from different parts of the world, we can introduce new models of a Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room in the market.
For installation and services, you can call the 24/7 active customer service of Sunnyda. Our staff is extremely cooperative and friendly. They will guide you through all the products including a Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room and also help you select the most useful one for your application. You can opt for their services at any time in the day and you will never be disappointed with the work.
|Box Material||Epoxy coated steel/Galvanized steel/Stainless steel|
|Air Velocity m/s||0.3~0.5||0.3~0.5||0.3~0.5||0.3~0.5|
|HEPA Filter||Size mm||570×870×70||570×1170×70||610×1220×70||1170×1170×230|
|Efficiency||99.995% 0.3µm||99.995% 0.3µm||99.995% 0.3µm||99.995% 0.3µm|
|220pa 0.46m/s||220pa 0.46m/s||220pa 0.46m/s||220pa 0.46m/s|
|Total Power W||175||175||210||275W|
Fan Filter for Clean Room-An Ultimate Buying Guide by Sunnyda.
A Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room is specialized equipment that works by filtering the air by using a motor. It supplies filtered and clean air to the clean room in which it is installed. The motor is powered by voltage.
It is also used for air filtration in laboratories, industrial clean rooms, and medical centers. Being responsible for the removal of harmful particles in the recirculating air, it reduces the chance of contamination of the environment.
The best location for it to be installed is the floor or the ceiling and the number of these units must be proportional to the size of the clean room so that the filtration needs can be met easily. Larger the clean room, the greater the number of FFU units.
Each unit is equipped with its own HEPA filter, prefilter, and air distribution fan. The most recent technology is used to make it harmless for the environment in such a way that it requires minimal energy to work.
The control system is powered by a precise microprocessor unit which enables the function to be performed even from a remote site.
It is made up of strong and sturdy material and therefore it lasts for many years and works efficiently.
You can opt for a premade structure that can be assembled later. Customization options are also available.
This ultimate buying guide will help you know everything about the Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room so let’s get started.
Testing of Clean Room Fan Filter Unit
What is a Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room?
A Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room has contained a ULPA or HEPA filtration system to remove the microbes and harmful particles from the air in a research zone, a laboratory, or a clean room. These contaminants must be removed for maximum productivity of the reactions being carried out.
Constructed by delicate woven fibers arranged tightly, FFU can catch very small, sub-micron-sized particles easily. Other than clean rooms, it is also used in laminar flow cabinets and storage cabinets.
A positive pressure is created to enhance the activity of FFU and it is extensively used in medical clean rooms, pharmaceutical clean rooms, semiconductor clean rooms, and clean room laboratories.
With easy installation and little maintenance, it greatly reduces the chance of contamination and thus increases the efficiency of the clean room.
The design and construction are such that it allows energy conservation and promotes the cleanliness of the environment.
Depending upon the size of your clean room and the requirements of your applications different sizes and models of Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room are available in the market.
The location of the installation must be selected beforehand so that it can fit accurately.
Sunnyda Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room
What are the Classical Features of Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room?
Here are a few classical features of a Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room:
- Compact structure
- Environment friendly
- Silent operation
- Low vibration fans
- The filter can be replaced easily
- The fan box is replaceable
- Adjustable fan
- Wind speed uniform
- Can be used for a wide range of clean rooms from class 1 clean room to class 10 clean room
- Made up of stainless steel
- A cold plate spraying frame is used
- Different variations such as stainless steel, reverse flow, EC energy-saving fans, room side replaceable, HEPA filtration, and ULPA filtration are present
- Motors are highly powerful and can run for many hours
- Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room is capable of converting a space into a negative pressure room
- Comes with an emergency alarm system that goes off to indicate any problem
- Saturation levels can be easily detected
- Assure long-term reliability
- Safe against electrical hazards
- Sophisticated design
- Aesthetically pleasing appearance
- Easy installation procedure
- Can be easily removed
- Multiple safety protection loops
- Humanized design
- User-friendly interface
- Indentation bend absent
- Corner angle configuration
- Single key induction
- Overheat protection
Features of Clean Room FFU
What is the Correct Number of Fan Filter units for Clean Room?
To estimate the number of Fan Filter Units for Clean Rooms, you need to know the size of the room, (including its length, width, and height) and ISO classification of the clean room.
Also, you need to know the range of air changes per hour according to the classification.
The formula is:
Required FFUs = (air changes per hour/ 60) x (cubic ft. in room/ 650)
Narrow Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room
How Does a Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room Work?
A Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room works by removing the unwanted contamination from the clean room air.
This function is necessary to avoid the introduction of contaminants into the reactions being carried out in the clean room as it can alter the results and the products.
The FFU filter has an initial two-stage filter which is simple and efficient.
The air is entered from the top of the unit and it goes through filtration after passing through the initial filter which has high efficiency.
After this initial filtration, the air is passed at a speed of 0.45m/s.
Working Principle of Fan Filter Unit of Clean Room
What are the Uses of a Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room?
A Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room is used for the decontamination of air in the clean room.
It is to avoid the entrance of any foreign particle like a dust particle, lint, chemical contaminant, microorganism, skin flake, etc in the reactions being carried out in the room.
These contaminants can deviate from the results of the reaction and can lead to the formation of faulty products. Thus it results in a total loss of time and money.
By using the FFU fan filter unit, you can save up the time and money spent on multiple attempts of a single reaction. It is used in the following clean rooms:
- Semiconductor Clean Room
- Pharmaceutical Clean Room
- Medical Clean Room
- Clean Room Pass-Through Chamber
- Clean Room Laboratory
- Class 1 to 10 Clean Rooms
Fan Filter Unit Installed in Pharmaceutical Clean Room
What are the Design Considerations for Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room?
For creating an efficient and useful Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room, due attention must be paid to the design and construction.
Here are a few points that must be considered while designing it:
- As it has to be placed in a ceiling grid most of the time, the dimensions must be kept in mind. It is usually created to fit in steel housings.
- A primary filter must be placed along with a secondary filter.
- A HEPA filter box or filtration system or ULPA filtration system must be installed.
- A minimum efficiency reporting value known as MERV can also be used.
- For air distribution in closed spaces and hoods, there should be a motorized fan connected to a powerful motor.
- There should be a rheostat motor adjustment or a step-wise motor adjustment.
- If you require 99.99% efficiency for particles 0.3 micrometers or larger, there should be a HEPA filter.
- However, if 99.999% efficiency is required while dealing with 0.12-micron meter size, a ULPA filter should be used.
- There should be a proper mechanism for the management of microparticles.
Drawing of Clean Room FFU
What is the Difference Between Motors of Different Fan Filter Units for Clean Room?
A Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room requires a powerful and efficient motor for powering its fans.
The types of motor can be variable and each type has its own advantages.
Permanent Split Capacitor Motor
- It is best for operations that require low power such as small-scale projects.
- The purchasing cost is moderate and they offer an easy operation.
- A user-friendly interface so that you don’t need a special technician for operating it.
- It does not require any network programming and you can install it with a simple remote switch.
Electronically Commutated Motor
- Known for its energy-saving properties, ECM is best for large projects that take years to complete and are most likely to cost a lot in terms of energy.
- The ECM is self-sufficient and pays for itself. There is a 50% decrease in power consumption as compared to PSC.
- It offers a service life of 90,000 plus hours which is double that of PSC.
- It can very well be programmed to compensate for the air pressure shifts.
Electronically Commutated Motor of Fan Filter Unit
What is the Difference Between Topside and Roomside Replaceable Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room?
A Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room comes in two main configurations: a topside and a roomside replaceable one.
The difference between the two is explained below:
Topside Replaceable Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room
If your clean room does not have any critical operations and deals with small-scale projects then this one is best for you. Also, it is affordable and can be changed after some time.
However, when you need to change the filters, you have to pull the entire system from the ceiling bay.
It is difficult to climb up and then remove the bulky filtration system. It is also risky and dirty and you need a special technician to do the job.
You need tall ladders, a team of professionals, protective equipment, and some specialized tools for this purpose.
While changing the filtration unit, you must shut down the system and the clean room.
Roomside Replaceable Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room
It can be used for an extensive range of clean rooms as it is more convenient to handle.
Offering more energy conservation and low running costs is preferred because of easy accessibility.
You don’t need a number of people to handle it as only one person can also do the job effectively and easily.
You don’t need ladders and any protective equipment.
Roomside Replaceable Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room
What are the Properties of the HEPA Filter of Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room?
You must know the properties of the HEPA filter of the Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room so that you can obtain the best results and can handle it easily.
HEPA filters can have a long life depending upon the factors such as fan speed setting, ambient conditions, pre-filter maintenance, total operating time, and the type of clean room, etc.
An average HEPA filter has a life of 3 to 5 years.
If you change it timely and maintain it well, you can avoid the unexpected clean room shutdown and increase its life.
If the air is moist and contains dust particles it is more likely to damage the filtration system. If a filter is being used 24/7, there is a greater chance that it will require more maintenance and early replacement.
By recirculating the ambient air, the life of HEPA filters can be increased but this requires a lot of investment.
You must have a proper duct system for recirculation which is not just costly to establish but also difficult to maintain. It might also require an HVAC system.
With increasing filter load, static pressure also increases, increasing the efficiency of the FFU HEPA filter to capture more contaminant particles.
However, this reduces the airflow and air change rate.
H14 HEPA Filter of Fan Filter Unit
How Often Do you Need to Change the HEPA Filter of Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room and How to Do it?
In the presence of a prefilter, the lifespan of a HEPA filter increases manifolds. However, the ambient conditions damage the prefilter as well.
It has a smaller surface area and catches the larger particles of the contaminants.
So with the prefilter, the HEPA filter of the Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room shall be changed after three months if the environment is greatly contaminated.
However, in a cleaner environment, you can extend it up to 5 months.
How to Replace the Filters?
If it is a top-side filter, then you might need some professional help. By using ladders and protective equipment, they have to reach the top and take out the system from the ceiling bay. Then the filters are replaced with new ones.
Whereas in rooms side systems, you can easily remove the old filter and plant a new one without any professional help.
Filter Replacement of Fan Filter Unit
What is the Significance of UV-C Sterilization in Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room?
UV-C sterilization adds to the function of the Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room as it destroys the disease-causing microorganisms in the air.
Bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens can cause deviations in the reactions taking place in the clean room and therefore must be removed.
The UV-C sterilization is significant as it disrupts the cell of the pathogens, killing them directly. This eliminates the need for disinfection through chemical disinfectants.
Using UV light for the killing of pathogens is far more beneficial because it is a one-time investment and it does not require any additional cost. Also, it is very effective and does not require any additional effort or time.
The DNA of the pathogens exposed to UV light gets disrupted and therefore it is 99.9% effective. It increases the overall efficiency of the sterile room.
UV-C Sterilization Light for Fan Filter Unit
What are the Major Accessories of Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room?
The major accessories that can increase the performance of a Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room are listed below:
Modules for Power Distribution
These include transformers, breakers, and other electrical components that can be used for the fans and lights in the unit.
It eliminates the need for wiring and makes it easier to relocate the whole assembly without any inconvenience.
The ionizing bar is either mounted to the filter unit or the fan and it is responsible for providing a balanced amount of ions to the work area in the form of streams.
This is to neutralize the static charge. It also helps in reducing the electro-static discharge thus making it safe to be used casually.
Night Service Switch
It helps extend the clean room HEPA fan filter unit life. It is mounted on the clean room panel and enables the FFUs to work in low-energy mode.
When the system is switched off, it helps to save 25% energy and decreases the operation cost to a large extent.
Filter Replacement Alarm
Through this accessory, the backpressure is monitored and the alarm goes off when the filter needs to be replaced. It helps to restore the efficiency of the whole system.
Power Cord Adapter
A stable connection to the standard 120 VAC or 60 Hz power is required to run the unit. The four-pon power cord adapter provides a safe and stable connection.
Mounting Frame for Ceiling Installation
A stainless steel frame supports the Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room on a rigid surface, drywall, or a niche in the ceiling. It is sturdy and holds the unit very well, adding to its protective function.
It enables regular monitoring and efficient control over the system from a remote site. The ambient conditions such as temperature, humidity, and air pressure can also be regulated and a set point is created.
It also allows data entry, dynamic fan setpoint control, and thermostat control. Maintenance of ambient conditions is necessary for maximum productivity of all Clean Rooms.
FFU With Ionizing Bar
What are the Structural Considerations of Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room?
The structural considerations of a Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room are:
- Keep the size of the unit proportional to the size of the niche and the room.
- All the dimensions shall be strictly accurate for best fitting.
- There should be enough space for a primary filter so that the filter load can be decreased.
- It shall be structured in such a way that cleanliness and maintenance are easy.
- All the corners shall be approachable and can be cleaned.
Standard Dimensions of Clean Room Fan Filter Unit
What are the Benefits of Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room?
A Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room has the following benefits for your applications:
- Removes 99.9% and 99.999% impurities based on the type of filter being used. Particles as small as 0.3-micron meter and 0.12-micron meter can also be removed.
- Ideal for small setups and small floor dimensions. Due to its sleek design and less height, it easily fits into narrow spaces.
- It is easy to install and does not require any retrofitting.
- You can upgrade the contamination control system without restructuring the walls.
- The Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room is easy to remove and you can also place it on a workbench. This does not occupy much space.
- It comes in a portable configuration which means it is easier for a user to update it at any time. Relocation and reinstallation are also not a problem.
- It is affordable and works by using little energy thus conserving energy and lowering the utility bills.
Portable Fan Filter Unit
What are the Types of Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room that Can be Mounted in the Ceiling?
A few types of Fan Filter Units for Clean Room are listed here:
- 1-Phase Type
- AC Motor Type: It has a simple structure and simple operation features
- Standard Type
- Stand-Alone Type: it is used for a single-use
- Large-Air Volume Type
- Thin Type: best on the side panel of stockers
Thin Type Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room
What are the Features of the Control System of Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room?
The control system of a Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room has the following major features:
- It can be operated from remote locations.
- You can set up a network that enables the operator to adjust the airflow in a specific region.
- The airflow can also be concentrated. It helps in reducing the operation cost.
- It utilizes a 277 V maximum and 115V minimum motor blower unit. This helps in avoiding the DC motor cost which is usually high.
- There are either four or more FFUs in one address and the control system has several addresses.
- It is controlled with a wall-mounted console.
- Each address has 4 SAM wired units and 53mm media packs with HEPA or ULPA filters.
- The control system enables you to control the fan speed from outside the clean room. It has an easily configurable layout.
Rapid Responsive Controller of HEPA Fan Filter Unit
How a Dry Coil Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room is Preferred?
A dry coil Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room is preferred because of the following significant features:
- You can easily fit a dry coil according to the requirement of your application because it is flexible and it covers a greater area.
- Also, it can easily adapt to its surroundings and therefore you can use it for your best interest.
- The dry coil effectively locks the negative pressure generated by the Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room. This is not achievable in a wet coil system as you cannot seal the upper ceiling and the negative pressure.
- As compared to a wet coil, a dry coil offers much less resistance to air movement. This makes your airflow much more manageable and saves a lot of energy. It is beneficial for lowering your utility bills as well.
- Even if it is run for several weeks, it is highly energy-efficient and consumes very little energy. However, it shall only be run in a clean area so that there is minimum contamination.
- A dry coil also enables you to customize the system according to your needs and requirements.
Dry Coil Fan Filter Unit
How to Install your Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room?
To install your Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room, follow the given steps:
- It is a two-step process. In the first step, you install the high-efficiency filters and in the next step, you install the unit itself.
- Before installation, clean the area where it is to be installed. Any dust or contamination can hinder normal function
- When the package is received make sure it contains all the contents of the order.
- Unpack the package and take out all the components.
- If Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room is to be installed in a ceiling grid, you would need a ladder and some protective equipment along with some technical and manual help.
- Climb up the ladder and lift the unit to insert it in the ceiling bay with the help of some labor.
- Once it is in its place, set up a stable electricity connection.
- If it is to be installed in the sidewalls, it can be done by a single person as well.
- Lift the unit and adjust it in the niche.
- Check if it is in the right place and establish a stable electricity connection.
- Switch on the unit to allow a test run. Evaluate the efficiency and notice the effect of changes in the ambient conditions like temperature, humidity, and airflow.
- Use an instruction guide given by the fan filter unit manufacturer for proper instruction and explanation of each step.
- Take proper precautions while installing the unit.
Installation of Fan Filter Unit
What are the Maintenance Tips for Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room?
To maintain your Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room, you need to follow the given instructions:
- Keep the filter load at the minimum level so that your filter can last long.
- Install a pre-filter so that most of the bulk of the filtrate goes on the pre-filter and not on the main filter.
- Keep a log of the filter cleaning routine.
- Maintain a stable power connection with adequate voltage. It helps to obtain the highest efficiency and decreases energy loss.
- Don’t use a concentrated chemical on the surface directly. Go for diluted detergents or disinfectants.
- Keep your Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room away from any corrosive material.
- The stainless steel surface shall not come in contact with any harmful chemicals.
Maintenance of Clean Room Fan Filter Unit
A Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room is a great motorized device for keeping away all the impurities that can cause reduced productivity of your application.
You can obtain the highest efficiency by maintaining it well and it can last for many years. You can also get it customized in terms of size and power according to your application.
CE Certified Prime Quality HEPA Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room