Your Premier Electric Sliding Door Manufacturer in China
Electric sliding door demand has always been on the rise. This is because these doors make it easier for people to access a certain room or even get out. Such convenience has made the Sunnyda electric sliding door good overall to help people manage different rooms such as malls, hospitals, shops, offices, and so much more.
Sunnyda is a world-leader in making electric sliding doors. So, the next time you want to handle your foot traffic better, Sunnyda is a nice place to start looking for electric sliding doors. We understand that each client would have different needs. It is why Sunnyda can customize your electric sliding doors to suit you better on overall.
There are several configurations available for those who might want electric sliding doors. Take the time you check out our product catalog to learn more. Our support team is also ready to help with the overall process. This includes choosing the right electric sliding door configuration and so much more.
Call us today for your order of an electric sliding door.
|Control system||switch/foot sensor|
Most Common FAQs on Electric Sliding Door
You are likely to come across different types of doors in different buildings or even at home. A good example of such doors includes the electric sliding doors. Because of the many benefits such a door would offer to the user, the design is now popular. You can learn more about why such a door is popular if you go through this FAQs guide.
What is an Electric Sliding Door?
Figure 1 An Electric Sliding Door for a Hotel
An electric sliding door can be described as a door designed to open and close on a sliding mechanism. The mechanism is still powered by electricity. This makes opening and closing the sliding door easier. Yes, there are manual sliding doors, but electric sliding doors are some of the top choices for high-traffic areas. This is because of their ease of opening without the need for someone touching the door all the time.
What are the Properties of an Electric Sliding Door?
Electric sliding doors have been on the rise now. More people are always looking to enjoy the efficiency that comes with electric sliding doors. Well, there are still many other features you will like about electric sliding doors. Let us check them out below to learn more.
- The electric sliding doors are some of the affordable options in the market. Even though there is the addition of electric components, the electric sliding doors would generally be affordable. This is because there is a new technology that makes the overall production cost a lot lower than before.
- The electric sliding doors are generally smooth and silent. This is because of the brushless motors the doors have in place. You can even set them up in a hospital setting and you will not have to worry about it making noise for your patients. The same can be great for an office set up to keep the noise to a minimum.
- The electric sliding doors are generally built to be good in terms of saving on power. This is thanks to the high-efficiency circuit that will help save on electricity. So, even if the door is opened more often in a single day, you can be sure that the door will work great still.
- The DC brushless motor is worth mentioning. As much as other electric sliding doors might have other forms of motors, most of them would utilize brushless motors. Such motors are good in terms of overall power while at the same time do not need a lot of maintenance to keep working correctly.
- The electric sliding doors would have a microprocessor controller. The work of this controller is to help you set up the electric sliding door just as you want. There are some that would come with a self-learning microprocessor controller. This ensures that the controller can handle your daily operations without breaking them down.
- Most people find the electric sliding door as user-friendly. Even if you are new to using it, you can quickly learn how to operate it without a problem. So, it should be easy to use in any setup in your home.
There will be many other features associated with an electric sliding door. Simply check out the manufacturer catalog to learn more about what the manufacturer has included in the electric sliding door.
What Information Does a Monitor Display on an Electric Sliding Door Show?
Figure 2 Clean Room Electric Sliding Door
The monitor display on an electric sliding door is important to the overall operation of the door. As such, it is best to understand what the door is doing at any time from the display. Here are some of the things you can expect to see from the monitor display.
- The current speed of the motor in RPM
- The position of the door at any given time
- The opening and closing speed of the door per second
- The battery power is still in reserve
Well, there can be additional features displayed on the door. It will depend on the manufacturer. It is expected that there will be more functions displayed if you opt for a more complicated electric sliding door for your application.
How Many Functions Can You Get from an Electric Sliding Door?
The number of functions largely depends on the manufacturer. Some can have as many functions as 15 in one single door. It could be more when you want to tailor the electric sliding door to a specific function.
Where Can You Use an Electric Sliding Door?
An electric sliding door can have many applications. That is why it is a common choice for many people. Here are some of the places you will get an electric sliding door.
- Residential apartments
- Shopping malls and commercial buildings
So long as there might be a lot of human traffic to handle in a building, electric sliding doors might be the best choice. You can see that its applications can be plenty.
What are the Components of an Electric Sliding Door?
These are the important components that would make it easier for the electric sliding door to work correctly. Here are the main components you would find in an electric sliding door.
This is one of the most important components of an electric sliding door. Its work is to help with setting up everything about the electric sliding door. This includes its opening and closing speed, tracking distance, energy strength, and so much more.
You are likely to get some models with many functions. It depends on what the manufacturer includes in the door as part of the accessories.
This is what will hold the door in the tracks to keep it aligned correctly and also move it back and forth depending on the commands. The drive belt is mostly made of strong materials that means you can use the door more often without worrying it might get easily fatigued or loose.
The drive motor
You will also find the electric sliding doors having drive motors. These are mostly brush-less motors. Such motors are designed to help with moving the door faster or slower, depending on your needs. Also, the brushless motors would not need as much maintenance as compared to when using a brushed motor.
The housing is mostly made of aluminum or aluminum alloy material. The idea is that you have a housing that is lightweight to protect the sensitive components while at the same time not add so much weight onto the door.
The electric sliding doors would mostly have a door fixing hanger. The hanger is important to allow for the smooth and secure action of the door panels. It can still be combined with a stopper as a way of preventing the panels from easily slipping.
There can be more components, but the ones mentioned above are what you are likely to see in an electric sliding door.
How Much Does an Electric Sliding Door Cost?
Figure 3 Components of an Electric Sliding Door
The electric sliding door cost can range from affordable to expensive. Some can be as cheap as $200 while others would be more than $1000. What is important is that you understand the features you are getting for the door cost. Getting a product catalog from the manufacturer can help a lot in learning more about the electric sliding door before buying.
Which Sensors are Used in an Electric Sliding Door?
The sensors in an electric sliding door help a lot in making the door work correctly. That is how you can find the electric door having several sensors such as those mentioned below.
Sensor with security barrier
This is a common sensor in an electric sliding door. It comes with a photocell that will activate the door during the opening and closing process. You can install it at different heights so long as it is within the detection range. Such a sensor would also have a door learning feature. This ensures the door can be programmed to work safely.
Active infrared sensor
This sensor comes with an infrared presence detection capability. This is commonly used in various applications where you do not need a wide detection range. It also prevents the door from the opening where there is a closing movement command initiated. This sensor can have many other applications depending on your needs for one.
This is another top choice for those who want the best reliability, stability of the door, and accuracy. It is controlled by a movement detector to ensure it works correctly just as the user wants. The sensor is mostly installed as high as 4 meters or more. You can also adjust the overall speed of the electric sliding door from the controls of this microwave sensor.
Active safety sensor
A safety sensor is vital for any electric sliding door. The door would be designed to make the door open and close safely. In case there is an issue, the door needs to initiate safety protocols programmed into it. That is why this will be a great choice for anyone buying an electric sliding door.
What are the Important Safety Checks for Electric Sliding Doors?
These are some of the safety checks you are advised to do daily. This helps you know if the electric sliding door is working as expected or not. Below are the common safety checks.
- Start by checking the electronic sensor by walking towards the electric sliding door. The door is supposed to start opening slowly when you get to the motion zone. The door should proceed to open smoothly and stop without smashing into the stoppers. When moving through the door, it should remain open throughout.
- You can now step out of the motion sensor zone. There will be a brief delay before the doors start to close. This process should also be smooth and have no impact after the doors meet. On average, the door would be closing not faster than 1 foot per second.
- It is always advisable to have a proper traffic routing towards such a door. This is to eliminate those who might approach from the side. Sometimes the motion sensor cannot detect them.
- In case you have an electric sliding door activated by a mat, then do the same. Step on the mat in different places to activate the door. At this point, your door needs to open smoothly and still stop without any impact.
- If you step to the other side of the mat and remain on the activating mat, the door should not close. This means the electric sliding door is working correctly.
- Once you step off the mat, it should take a brief delay and you will see the door closing smoothly with no impact too.
In case you notice the door is not working smoothly as you expect it, then proceed to investigate further to understand and repair the issue.
What is the Opening and Closing Speed of Electric Sliding Doors?
The opening and closing speeds are things that would mostly be adjustable. The average opening speed is 200 to 700mm/sec and the closing speed would be 100 to 600 mm/sec. There is also the delay timer to consider that comes in handy when closing the door. There will be always a slight delay so that people can clear the doorway before it can start closing.
Is an Electric Sliding Door Noisy?
The electric sliding door will mostly have a maximum noise level of 50dB. Some would be as quiet as 30dB. This goes on to show that most electric sliding doors will be quiet. So, it should not discourage anyone from setting up an electric sliding door.
How is an Electric Sliding Door Disposed of?
It gets to a point where you might have to dispose of the electric sliding door and get an improved model. So, how would you do it correctly? Here are some tips to get you started.
The electric sliding door would have several materials that can be sent for recycling. This includes aluminum housings and covers, sliding blocks, pulleys, iron drivers, plastic, cables, electronic components, and battery. After recycling, they can all be turned into various useful products.
Rechargeable batteries will contain heavy metals and pollutants. As such, you need to dispose of them correctly. Most countries would have communal collection points where you can dispose of the battery safely.
In case there is anything you can dispose of the door; the manufacturer would highlight it in the product manual. As such, go through the manual to understand more about disposing of your electric sliding door correctly.
What are the Common Electric Sliding Door Accessories?
The accessories are vital to ensure that the door works just as you want. That is why below we have highlighted some of the accessories you will get with an electric sliding door.
A sensor is important for the operations of the door. It is worth noting that sensors can do a wide range of applications. So, it depends on what the manufacturer has included as the sensor in the door. Most of the time, the sensors would be controlled via the onboard controller. This helps you to program the electric sliding door to work just as you want.
You will also like the compact design of such sensors. This ensures that the electric sliding door can still work even with such a compact design.
As the name suggests, the safety beam is vital for the protection and safety of the electric sliding door. This type of accessory is useful in areas where you might need a frequent opening of the door. Thanks to such a performance, you should end up with a safe electric sliding door.
The safety beam is a common recommendation in different electric sliding doors as a way of avoiding accidents. So, ask the manufacturer if you would get such an accessory with the electric sliding door.
Not all electric sliding doors will be in a place with high traffic. You can still use them for private spaces. That is why having access control is important to consider for an electric sliding door. In most cases, it would be used to open the doors to where sensitive equipment is stored in a clean room or hospital. Only those with authorization can access the room.
You can still use them for offices and other restricted areas.
The touchless switch is another vital accessory anyone would want with an electric sliding door. Such a switch would mostly be used to open the doors without necessarily touching them. This is vital as it can help in minimizing the contaminants. It is why more people would be happy to have the electric sliding door with such a switch.
You could also find such an accessory important for hospitals, the pharmaceutical industry, and the food processing sector.
Program key selector
Once you have set up a specific program to work on an electric sliding door, it is possible to prevent other people from changing it when you have a program key selector. This is a simple tool that will make you also easily switch from one mode to another.
Remote controllers can be programmed to do many things depending on the client’s needs. In most cases, the remote control would be great for opening and closing the door or locking and unlocking whenever necessary.
That is not all as you can get many other accessories depending on the manufacturer you consider for your order.
What is the Maintenance Routine for an Electric Sliding Door?
Figure 4 Electric Sliding Door for an Office
An electric sliding door has several moving parts. These moving parts require the best maintenance if you have any hopes of having a functional electric sliding door over time. That is why routine maintenance is a highly welcomed idea.
To do such maintenance, it is best to use the services of trained personnel who have experience in handling such types of doors. There is no doubt you will like the results when your door is back to working great again.
All the maintenance activities mentioned below are supposed to be done every 50,000 cycles every six months to ensure the door remains working well.
Start by disconnecting the power supply to the electric sliding door and then perform the following maintenance procedures.
- Look at the various screws on the electric sliding door. Make sure that the screws are correctly tightened so that they work correctly. In case some are damaged, replace them promptly.
- You should proceed with checking and cleaning the sliding guide and the carriages too. This will ensure a smooth working performance for the electric sliding door.
- The belt should have the right tension. In case it is too loose, you should consider tightening it. This will ensure that your electric sliding door operates smoothly.
- The drive belt should also be checked for wear. No one wants to have an electric door that suddenly stops working because the drive belt snapped. Check the carriage wheels to see if any need replacing. If that is the case, replace them promptly.
Next is to reconnect the electric sliding door to a power supply to test the improvements or repairs. You will also be checking other functionalities of the electric sliding door. Here are some;
- Check to see if the door is working correctly based on the commands you issue in the input panel
- Also, check the overall safety sensors to see if they comply with the important standards. This ensures that the door can adhere to the laid-out safety standards.
- Is the locking device working as expected? This is another feature to keep in mind when maintaining your electric sliding door.
- Also, check to see if any of the battery-powered devices are working properly. If not, you may have to replace the battery.
Each electric sliding door would come with a maintenance routine from the manufacturer. Ensure that you follow such a routine to keep the door in good shape.
The best electric sliding door can go a long way to help in keeping your operations smooth, easy, and fast. It is why many places with a lot of human traffic are installing such door types. You could be next if you get the best electric sliding door from Sunnyda. Talk to us if you ever have any more questions.