Your Trust Worthy Manufacturer and Designer of Top Quality Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2.
Known for its quality and many years of experience, Sunnyda aims to come up with the most innovative techniques to help you achieve maximum productivity. Whether you work in a medical clean room, a pharmaceutical laboratory, or an electronic industry, we have got you all sorted. Our products like a pass-through box, air showers, clean rooms, or a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 help you attain the best possible results without any contamination.
Sunnyda promises the best quality and highest efficiency as we are confident about the raw materials used in our products. We make sure to use the recent technology that has an advanced interface to make your work easier and more convenient. Our highly qualified team of engineers designs the most reliable Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 for you to obtain a sterile room.
You can avail best installation and maintenance services from the highly skilled technicians of Sunnyda. Our Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 has been designed to meet the needs of the recent problems. It comes with a simple maintenance routine which greatly increases its efficiency.
There is a vast variety of various sizes and types of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 which can be availed by calling Sunnyda. You can get our prime quality products customized according to the requirements and needs of your application. We have friendly customer service which is active 24/7. Our representatives will listen to your requirements, and guide you through the stock to help you choose the most suitable product at an affordable price. We assure you that you will get the best price for the highest quality equipment.
|Model No||BHC-1100A2 BHC-1400A2 BHC-1500B2 BHC-1600B2|
|Cleanliness Level||ISO 5 (Class100)/ISO 4 (Class10)|
|Filter Efficiency||HEPA/ULPA ≥99.995~99.999% @0.3μm|
|Average Down Flow Velocity （m/s）||0.25～0.45 0.25～0.45 0.25～0.45 0.25～0.45|
|Average Inflow Velocity||≥0.4m/s|
|Power Supply||AC 220V/50Hz|
|Air Tightness||Leakage≤ 10% under 500pa pressure (within 30 minutes)|
|Weight||310 360 370 380 KG|
|Working Area W*D*H||1000*620*620 1300*620*620 1000*620*620 1300*620*620 (mm)|
|Size W*D*H||1200*780*2160 1500*780*2160 1200*780*2410 1500*780*2410 (mm)|
|Spec and Quantity of Supply Air Filter||1040*445*50 1340*445*50 1040*445*50 1340*445*50 (mm)|
|Spec and Quantity of Exhaust Air Filter||665*410*50 965*410*50 665*430*90 965*430*90 (mm)|
|Spec and Quantity of Fluorescent Light||30W 40W 30W 40W|
|Spec and Quantity of Ultraviolet Light||30W 40W 30W 40W|
|Diameter of Air Supply and Exhaust Pipe||Φ250mm Φ250mm|
|Air Direction||Ejection Injection|
|Remarks||30%Air exhaust 100%Air exhaust|
Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2-A Complete Buying Guide by Sunnyda.
Do you need a completely sterilized environment with minimum microorganisms for increased productivity of your application? Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 is a specially constructed assembly for serving the purpose.
It helps you get rid of all the contaminants so that you get accurate results with minimum attempts on the reaction.
Whether you work in a pharmaceutical clean room or cell research, its unique features allow you to save up on time and money.
There is a powerful motor and precise filtration method to aid in the process of protection against many harmful contaminants in the environment. All the equipment, products, and personnel working there need safety.
Infiltration of any contaminant or an infection can lead to serious effects on the health and wellbeing of the working personnel and as these infections can be contagious, it is necessary to prevent these in the first place.
You can get the best use out of your Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 if you are aware of all its features.
This well-researched buying guide contains all the information you require. So let’s begin.
Sunnyda Pharmaceutical Clean Room
What is a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
It is a ventilated cabinet specially designed for the protection of the environment, product, and personnel in a workspace like a medical laboratory or a sterile pharmaceutical industry.
It is specific for areas where pathological research is taking place. It is responsible for removing the contaminants, especially microorganisms from an environment to make it sterile.
A Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 comes with an open front that has an inward flow. This adds to personal protection. Also, there are HEPA filters, exhausts, and laminar flows for enhanced efficiency.
It is further classified into five types namely A1, A2, B1, B2, and C1. Negative pressure is maintained to assist in its function.
The construction material is the best quality and it comes in a premade form to allow easy installation.
There is a huge variety of models and sizes that helps you to be more specific for your application. Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 can be easily operated and therefore requires minimum maintenance.
Sunnyda Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
What are the Major Features of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
A few classic features that are beneficial to increase your productivity are:
- Enhanced technology to deal with the removal of microorganisms.
- Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 comes with a front access opening that allows inflow.
- A curtain is created to prevent the entry of any additional contaminants into the chamber.
- It prevents hazardous material from escaping to the outside environment.
- Unidirectional flow is made sure by HEPA filters that allow vertical downflow.
- HEPA filtered exhaust fans make the outflow easier and smooth eliminating the chance of accumulation of hazardous substances.
- Powerful motors power the whole system.
- Specialized design to accommodate the airflow.
- Sturdy and good quality assembly to allow maximum efficiency.
- A corrosion-resistant body adds to the reliability.
Corrosion Resistant 304 Stainless Steel Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
What are the General Specifications of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
Important specifications of a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 are listed below:
- The external cabinet dimensions are considerably small as compared to the cabinet work chamber which has a large size.
- There is laminated safety glass for the protection of staff working in the chamber.
- Arm support is also available.
- The clogging level and laminar flow speed of the filter can be monitored on the screen.
- There is a timer installed in the UV lights which makes it convenient to use.
- Easy programming makes it possible to control the fans.
- An emergency alarm is installed and connected to the control panel.
- A well-established control panel enables you to have a user-friendly interface.
UV Lamp of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
What is the Purpose of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
The purpose of a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 is to obtain a sterile room. It plays a vital role in the protection of the environment, the staff, and the product against any harmful contaminants in the chamber.
These contaminants could be chemicals, any organic substances, or microorganisms which give rise to many diseases and affect the results of the reaction taking place.
Microbiological laboratories, research laboratories, hospital clean rooms, and pathology labs need this for the removal of microorganisms that can derange the results of the reactions and infect the staff working there.
The diseases caused by the contaminants can be challenging to control and may affect overall productivity and patient health. Therefore, achieving a sterile environment is crucial.
Also, the contaminated air is not directly released into the environment because it can cause pollution and disease.
Therefore, the filtered air can either be taken back into the chamber or released after precise filtration.
Airflow Pattern of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
What Features to Consider Before Purchasing your Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
Before purchasing your Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2, do consider the following points:
- Make sure it is certified with NSF 49, EN 12469.
- There should be a choice of side panel construction.
- Single or multiple-piece work trays shall be available.
- There should be a DC-ECM blower for energy conservation. It saves 70% more energy than an AC motor.
- Options for side panel construction.
- Choice of multi-piece or single-piece work trays.
- There is a wide variety in terms of sizes. It should be able to fit in the laboratory.
- The biological cabinet must have self-compensating and a stable airflow even if there are any fluctuations in the voltage.
- UV technology is necessary for effective sterilization.
- For additional safety, there should be an airflow sensor to indicate the increase or decrease in the airflow.
- If there are any unsafe sash conditions, there should be an alarm to indicate that as well.
- A raised armrest for preventing grille blocking proves to make a comfortable working situation.
- Powder coating helps to decrease the microbial growth on the surfaces.
Heavy Duty Blower of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
What is the Difference Between Type A and Type B of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
There is a significant difference in Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 type A and type B.
Type B is equipped with an elaborate ductwork system. It has an external blower and the air is exhausted to the external environment.
If there is no external blower, the internal blower is responsible for dealing with the air present at the site of the operator’s face. As this air contains contaminants such as harmful chemicals and microorganisms, it can be dangerous.
Also, it is not self-balancing because the internal blower is only capable of creating a downflow. The inflow is dependent upon the external blower.
As the air is released into the outside environment, there is a chance of pollution and spreading of harmful materials in the environment risking the health lives of thousands of people.
Therefore, Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 Type B has a scrubbing system between the final exhaust point and the exit of the cabinet. This system is responsible for neutralizing the fumes of chemicals present in the outflow air.
Usually, type B is preferred if chemical contaminants are involved. If the reaction taking place in the laboratory releases harmful chemicals, they can be dealt with efficiently with type B rather than type A, which works better for microorganisms.
Also, Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 Type A cannot provide as good protection against harmful chemicals and may not be useful in such cases.
Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 Type B2
What are the Applications of a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
The significant applications of a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 are stated below:
- Pharmaceutical Laboratory
- Experimental Laboratory
- Pathology Laboratory
Applications of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
What are the Advantages of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 for your Applications?
A Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 has the following benefits which make it exclusive:
- UV light indicator.
- ULPA filter for efficient filtration.
- The front window is motorized.
- Time reserve function is available.
- Power failure can be dealt with by using a memory function.
- Airspeed is adjustable and can be coordinated with a filter block.
- Visual and audio alarm in case of fluctuations in the airflow, unsafe height of the front window, and need of filter replacement.
- Negative pressure around the working area inhibits the entry of any contaminants.
- Operation is easy because of its simple interface. It can be controlled from a remote location as well.
- Window height can be adjusted according to the requirement. It helps decrease the air turbulence as different reactions require varying degrees of airflow.
- The interlocking function enables additional security and prevents the chance of cross-contamination.
ULPA Filter of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
Is it Safe to Use Chemicals in your Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
A Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 requires maintenance and cleaning for maximum efficiency. It also must be protected against damage and corrosion when it comes to direct contact with a damaging or corrosive agent.
Therefore, you need to use some highly specific chemicals to protect it and enhance its efficiency so that your productivity is increased.
Surface decontamination of your Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 is necessary after every round so that there is no contamination from the previous round. It should be done by wiping the surface and all sides including the interior.
For this purpose, you can use a 70% alcohol solution or bleach. These agents are effective against targeted microorganisms.
As bleach is corrosive, you might need to use sterile water after using bleach for wiping. You can do this while the system is turned on so that the air contained in the cabinet shall be made clean.
Cleaning of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
What is the Significance of Gaseous Decontamination in Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
Before a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 is moved or the filters are replaced, you must do thorough decontamination to ensure maximum safety and protection.
It is best for the product of your application as well as the people working in the cabinet.
Gas contamination is referred to as a decontamination method that involves fumigation with formaldehyde.
Formaldehyde is a gas that is not a healthy gas for the environment but it is widely used for decontamination.
Because of this reason, it is banned in some countries. These countries can go for hydrogen peroxide or chlorine dioxide as a decontamination gas.
Protocols of Gaseous Decontamination:
- It must always be carried out by a professional.
- The person operating shall be well equipped with all the safety devices and equipment.
- Safety goggles, masks, and specialized gowns must be worn and direct contact with the gas shall be avoided in any case.
Pre Disinfection of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
Which Filters are Used in Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 and What Contaminants are Filtered?
The specialized and high-quality filtration system is necessary for the proper operation of a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2.
The most commonly used filters are the HEPA filter and ULPA filter.
HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air and it removes 99.99% of impurities greater than 0.3 microns.
It is a disposable and dry type of filter which is made up of borosilicate microfibres. These microfibers are aligned into a thin sheet that looks like paper.
It stands for ultra-low penetration air which ensures 99.999% removal of contaminants greater than 0.12 micron. It is far more precise than HEPA.
The contaminants removed by these elaborate filtration systems are listed below:
- Extremely Fine Dust
- Impurity Ion
- Bacteria Sizes Typically Ranging From 500 to 0.3 Micron
- Radioactive Particles
HEPA Filter of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
What Personal Protective Equipment Shall be Used While Using a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
The personal protective equipment used in a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 are:
It prevents the entry of any infectious agent into the eye. It also protects against poisonous gases such as carbon monoxide.
Wearing gloves can reduce the transfer of contaminants from the cabinet surfaces to the body. They also prevent cross-contamination.
Any contaminants from your clothes to the cabinet environment and vice versa can be dealt with by wearing a gown.
Entry of contaminants such as soil particles can be avoided by wearing specialized boots or shoe covers.
It is necessary to prevent the cabinet environment from being contaminated with hair.
People lose their hair and shed skin flakes as a regular process of the body. These can derange the results of a reaction and thus count as contaminants.
If one person is sneezing or coughing in the cabinet, a mask will prevent the spread of infection through the aerosol method.
Wear PPE Before Using Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
What are the Instructions for Start-Up your Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
For starting up your Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2, you must follow the given instructions:
- Prioritize hand protection and don’t forget to wear gloves.
- Collect all the required items and tools inside the biological safety cabinet before starting it up so that there is no interference in between the process.
- Decontaminate all the surfaces either by using alcohol, bleach, or gas decontamination methods.
- Sidewalls and interior surfaces shall not be ignored and must be disinfected.
- Only a limited number of people shall be allowed to enter the area.
- The drain valve must be carefully closed before starting the operation.
- See if there is any obstruction in front of the front grilles. Remove if any.
- Make slow movements and try to not move at all because movement gives rise to contaminants as it disturbs the airflow. Disturbed airflow results in turbulence which gives rise to contaminants.
- Make sure there is minimum external airflow disturbance.
- Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 must be equipped with biohazard collection bags. You should not have to get out of the cabinet to get the bags.
- Make use of absorbent pads for reducing aerosol formation. Always look for an appropriate workstation that is leveled to minimize spillage and splatter.
- All the aerosol-generating equipment shall not be placed close to the workstation.
- To reduce the chance of cross-contamination, keep the reacting substances and other products at a safe distance from each other.
- The gas flame shall not be used until it is extremely necessary. It interferes with the airflow and adds fumes to the air.
- Equipment such as a blender and a centrifuge shall be placed safely as they create air turbulence which is not desired in this case.
Biohazard Collection Bags for Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
What are the Bunsen Burner Safety Instructions in Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
Bunsen burner safety instructions must be followed in a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 to allow maximum protection and increase your productivity.
- An electric burner is preferred because it reduces the gas supply automatically. The reduced gas supply is sufficient for keeping the burner burning even when it is not being used.
- There should be an emergency valve that can be accessed easily from inside as well as outside the cabinet. This valve shall be capable of shutting down the supply of gas.
- The burner shall be placed at a specialized location far from the workstation. In this way, there will be a minimal effect on the reaction being carried out in the cabinet.
- You can also get a solenoid valve which can be interlocked. It interferes with the gas supply and shuts off the burner automatically.
What Kind of Annual Certification Does a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 Need?
Annual certification is proof that the Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 is safe to be used for certain applications and works well for the protection of the environment, the people, and the products being created in the laboratories.
The integrity and functional operation of a system must be tested and certified to national and international standards of performance.
It must be approved that from the time of installation, it has been working to serve the purpose and proving to be useful.
The testing and evaluation are done by qualified technicians under the supervision of the manufacturer and developer.
Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 performance shall be observed even after testing for a few months.
The evaluation of the performance of the cabinet includes testing the HEPA filter, negative pressure, face velocity, alarms, interlocks, downflow velocity profile, and leaks, etc.
You can also run additional tests for checking any faults in the UV light intensity, vibrations, electrical leaks, and noise levels.
These tests can only be conducted under controlled circumstances and by professionals.
What are the Material Placement Techniques in Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
The material placement techniques in a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 are given below:
- There shall be no blockage at the front of the intake grille. Even paper or any other equipment is undesirable.
- All the materials which are to be placed inside the cabinet must be decontaminated before entering the cabinet. 70% alcohol is best for this purpose.
- The use of absorbent towels soaked in disinfectant is also a safe way to reduce splattering and spillage control.
- The materials shall be placed at a considerable distance from each other so that cross-contamination can be avoided.
- The rear area should have all the aerosol-generating equipment such as mixers, and centrifuge machines.
- All the useful but bulky items like a discarded pipette tray or a biohazard bag shall be placed so that they can be reached easily.
- The biohazard bag can be autoclaved and therefore it shall not be placed outside the vicinity of the biohazard safety cabinet.
Material Placement in Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
What is the Ideal Location of a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2?
The ideal location of a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 will enable it to work efficiently and stand for longer years with minimum damage.
The front opening receives the air at a velocity of about 0.45m/s. This velocity can be disturbed due to any disturbance in the airflow, frequency of air currents, opening, and closing of doors, and movements in the area.
Therefore the ideal location would be decided considering the airflow conditions.
There should be no disturbance in the air currents and it shall be in a remote area where there is minimum traffic.
The climate shall be moderate without any harsh winds and storms.
There should be a clearance area of 30cm on each side and behind the cabinet. This is to allow passage for maintenance.
A 35 cm area above the cabinet is also necessary to allow a passage for replacing filters and recording accurate air velocity.
How Does the Design of a Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 Make it Easy to be Used?
A Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 is designed and constructed keeping the following points in consideration:
- It comes as a premade assembly that can be installed easily.
- All the shelves and sides are laminated for added protection.
- The size of the cabinet is kept according to the need for the application.
- Features such as interlocking, electric sliding doors, exhaust systems are tailored according to the demand of the customer.
- It shall be designed in such a way that it fits in the location leaving considerable spaces around the sides and top. This space allows easy access to all parts.
- UV light distribution is an essential part of designing. Fluorescent light bulbs may also be required.
The Exhaust System of Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2
A Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2 is a specialized assembly to get rid of the disease-causing microorganisms and chemical irritants from the cabinet.
Other contaminants can also be gotten rid of due to highly precise filtration and exhaust system. You can make the best use of it if you are aware of all of its features.
With regular maintenance, you can increase its reliability and it can be used for many years to protect the environment, people, and products.
ISO Certified Excellent Quality Biological Safety Cabinet Class 2