Your Top-Rated Manufacturer and Developer of Air Showers and Pass Thrus.
Known for innovative technology and supreme quality, Sunnyda has succeeded to make its name in the market in a very short time. We believe in manufacturing and delivering the most reliable Air Showers and Pass Thrus which result in a considerable increase in your cleanrooms productivity. Whether you require these products for your pharmaceutical cleanroom or semiconductor cleanroom, we have got you all sorted.
With an amazing team of hardworking and skilled engineers and technicians, Sunnyda creates not only Air Showers and Pass Thrus but the other most innovative and long-lasting products for your cleanrooms such as cleanroom windows, clean room doors pass-through boxes, cleanroom walls, and many more.
Our products are not just advanced but also reliable and efficient to increase your productivity. Several accessories can enhance efficiency even more. The raw materials used in the process are of extremely good quality so that there is no compromise on the working and efficiency of the final product.
You can avail of professional installation and maintenance services by calling customers our care service. Sunnyda not only makes products budget-friendly but also runs them through several factory tests to ensure efficiency.
Air Showers and Pass Thrus by Sunnyda can also be customized according to your cleanroom application requirements. Our products are not just simple but also very easy to install and operate. They come with a user-friendly interface. Our 24/7 customer care service helps you get a better understanding of all the products. You can avail certain professional services with just one phone call.
|Internal Size||790*860*1920 mm|
|External Size||1200*1000*2060 mm|
|Air Volume||1200 (m³/h)|
|Fan Rotate Speed||2900|
|Wind Speed||≥26-30 (m/s)|
|Showering Time (s)||0-9(adjustable)|
Air Showers and Pass Thrus-A Complete Guide by Sunnyda.
A cleanroom has certain components that help to increase its efficiency and keep the contamination away. Air Showers and Pass Thrus are the major elements of a cleanroom that help to increase efficiency thus increasing the productivity of the industry or application.
The chance of contamination is further reduced by the use of Air Showers and Pass Thrus by using scientific techniques. The less contamination, the lesser will be the chance of any risk such as an infective disease or an artifact in the manufacturing of a semiconductor or medicines.
Due to options in sizes, models, and types of Air Showers and Pass Thrus, you have a wide variety to choose from. However, compatibility with your cleanroom equipment is a necessary factor.
Due to the unique mode of action and sturdy construction, both these products are already reliable. However, by knowing complete features and working principles, you can be more creative with these products. This article contains all the useful information about Air Showers and Pass Thrus, so let’s start reading.
1.What are Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
2.What is the Classic Features of Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
3.What are the Typical Components of Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
4.What are the Major Applications of Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
5.What is the Significance of Air Showers and Pass Thrus in your Cleanrooms?
6.What are the Designing Particulars for Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
7.What is the Working Mechanism of Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
8.How Air Showers and Pass Thrus Reduce the Chance of Contamination?
9.What is the Scientific Phenomena Used in Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
10.How to Increase the Working Efficiency of your Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
11.What are the Different Types of Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
12.How Does the Interlock Technology Help in Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
13.What are the Customization Options for Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
14.What are the Benefits of Air Showers and Pass Thrus for your Cleanrooms?
15.What is the Role of HEPA and ULPA in Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
16.What are the Protocols of Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
17.What are the Accessories Used in Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
18.What is the Operating Sequence Followed in Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
19.How to Select the Most Suitable Air Showers and Pass Thrus for your Cleanroom?
What are Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
An air shower is a stainless steel assembly that is powder-coated to make it sturdier and reliable. It may have up to four blowers and it works by expelling the air with high pressure.
This high-pressure air knocks out any dust, contamination particles from the person or the material placed in the air shower.
Air Showers and Pass Thrus aid in the avoidance and removal of contaminant particles thus maintaining a clean environment for a long time.
Its function is to get rid of the gross contamination and is usually placed in the entry of a cleanroom. This helps to avoid any entry of gross contamination particles.
A pass-thru is a window or passageway made up of either stainless steel, aluminum, or any other sturdy material. It also serves the purpose of getting rid of contaminant particles irrespective of their size.
It also reduces the risk of exposure of the material to the external environment and instead the pass-thru is used for transport. The lesser the exposure, the lesser the chance of contamination.
Sunnyda Cleanroom Pass Thru
What are the Classic Features of Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
The main features of Air Showers and Pass Thrus are listed down below:
- The standard air shower comes in a 240V configuration. However, you can obtain 480V, 460V, and 208V as well.
- It deals with the contaminant particles deposited on the surface of a person or the materials entering the room.
- An air shower has a pre-assembled configuration which is delivered in two sections as top section and the bottom section. It enables fast and easy installation.
- A HEPA filter is used which claims 99.99% efficiency dealing with 0.3 micron-sized particles. It knocks off the particles dislodged on the clothes.
- Interlocking technology is a safe way to prevent cross-contamination. Once a cycle is completed, the door locks automatically.
- There are emergency buttons for cases such as power outages. Also, the automatic doors close automatically.
- The streams of air can be adjusted and redirected as per requirement.
- Motion activation is also available with LED lighting.
- It is equipped with a control panel that can be programmed. The set condition can be obtained by using the preset manual.
- A pass-thru is available with the interlock system technology. Also, it is regulated with the lighting system.
- There is an easy installation configuration. It comes in the form of premade sheets which can be easily adjusted and installed in the niche.
- It is compatible with mounting brackets and can be placed against the walls.
- The door interlocking system is efficient and concealed for added protection.
- The accumulation of particles can be prevented as it is devoid of corners and contains curves for smooth cleaning.
- It can be made up of either stainless steel, aluminum, fiberglass honeycomb panel, or any other sturdy material.
- It is equipped with LED lighting along with UV Radiation technology which allows complete sterilization.
- It has a flush-mount design which prevents the accumulation of dust and other contamination particles.
- A pass-thru is equipped with heavy-duty barrel hinges which allow the lifting of doors so that they can be cleaned thoroughly.
- It has a lipless opening which is another benefit as both particles get stuck in the entryway and the cleaning becomes easier.
- The UV radiation gets rid of smaller particles such as viruses, bacteria, and fungi, etc that are not eliminated by filtration methods.
- Touchless sensors are installed for the automatic doors. This allows hands-free working thus decreasing the chance of decontamination.
- It has a quiet function with high efficiency.
- There are pass thrus with ADA compliant technology.
- You can also mount it as a glass mount pass through. This can be done for the pass thrus with the dimensions of 24 inches or less than that.
- There are HEPA and ULPA filters installed inside for better decontamination.
Cleanroom Air Shower Excellent Features
What are the Typical Components of Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
The typical components of Air Showers and Pass Thrus include the following:
Both Air Showers and Pass Thrus are equipped with the best quality filters so that only the filtered air is used for further process. The objective is to use clean air so that no additional contaminant is introduced.
Lighting is an essential component and it is usually dealt with by using automatic sensors. The red light is switched on when it is being used and when it is free for the next use, the green light turns up.
Air Showers and Pass Thrus require a certain voltage for their function. The voltage requirement is adjusted according to the size, model, and efficiency. However, a stable electricity supply is a must.
Air Shower and Pass Thru Primary Filters
What are the Major Applications of Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
The most prominent applications of Air Showers and Pass Thrus include:
- Pharmaceutical Clean Room
- Semiconductor Cleanrooms
- Hospital Laboratories
- Experimental Laboratories
- Spray Painting
- Food Industries
- Food Storage Areas
- Animal Research Laboratories
What is the Significance of Air Showers and Pass Thrus in your Cleanrooms?
Air Showers and Pass Thrus are significant for cleanrooms because they aid in the maintenance of cleanliness. Air shower prevents the entry of a new contaminant particle in the chamber by knocking off all the particles from the entering personals and materials.
In this way, no additional contaminants can enter.
A pass-thru deals with the contaminants regarding the materials which need to be transported from one place to another.
It creates a chamber that can be used for transportation eliminating the risk of contamination from the outside environment.
Highly Efficient Cleanroom Pass Thru
What are the Designing Particulars for Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
The designing particulars for Air Showers and Pass Thrus are described below:
- The design shall be according to the application.
- The requirement of level of cleanliness must be kept in mind. For example, you might need sterilization and so it shall be designed accordingly.
- The location and installation matter a lot. Whether it has to be mounted against the wall or on a base.
- There shall be no corners or slits so that the dust does not accumulate in small spaces.
- The design should be compliant with the safety requirements.
What is the Working Mechanism of Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
Air Showers and Pass Thrus have a smooth working mechanism.
The main work is done by the filtration system installed in the air shower as a primary filter. It is equipped with a ULPA filter which claims 99.9995% cleanliness.
The air is forced through the blower of the filter. The number of blowers also varies with the type and need.
The filtered stream of air leaves the nozzle at a high velocity and strikes the surface in its way.
This filtered air flows in a turbulent manner and disperses the particulate matter. The matter flows along with the air stream and migrates to the lower areas of the chamber due to its weight and gravity.
The prefilters on the base of the air shower also supply streams of air directed towards the target. This air has a higher pressure and velocity as it is forced against gravity.
An air shower is a self-contained unit and does not depend upon the air supply from the outside environment.
A pass-thru works by either using the filtration system or the UV radiation for complete sterilization.
The interlocking technology prevents cross-contamination. The material which is to be decontaminated is placed in the chamber and the Automatic roller door locks automatically.
How Air Showers and Pass Thrus Reduce the Chance of Contamination?
Air Showers and Pass Thrus greatly reduce the chance of contamination by directly preventing the introduction of contaminant particles.
The air shower room is usually placed at the entry point so no contamination can enter the cleanroom.
Whereas the pass-thru deals with the contamination that might enter due to transportation of materials.
It allows safe transport even when things are to be transferred from one room to another. This leads to reduced exposure to the outside environment.
As the air is controlled and the entry and exit of people and materials are monitored closely, the contaminants are much less likely to enter.
Even if any contamination occurs, it is removed easily with the air currents.
What is the Scientific Phenomena Used in Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
The scientific phenomenon used in Air Showers and Pass Thrus is a high-velocity air stream.
These high-pressure air streams from the air shower nozzle knock off the contaminant particles displacing them from the surface.
These contaminant particles then settle in the bottom of the chamber or are removed by the turbulent flow of air.
The factors that add to the decontamination are:
- Mass of Contaminant Particles
- The Turbulent Flow of Air
- High-Velocity Air Particles
Cleanroom Air Shower High Air Velocity Nozzles
How to Increase the Working Efficiency of your Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
To increase the efficiency of your Air Showers and Pass Thrus, you can do the following:
- Maintain a steady electricity supply according to the need.
- Follow a strict cleanliness routine to avoid the accumulation of contaminants.
- Keep the filters clean and replace them whenever required.
- Monitor the temperature and humidity for maximum productivity.
What are the Different Types of Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
The different types of Air Showers and Pass Thrus are listed below:
- Portable Air Shower
- AC Standard Blower
- L Type Air Shower
- Auto Door Type Air Shower
- Energy-Saving DC Blower
- Stainless Steel Air Shower
- Tunnel Type Air Shower
All the different types possess unique features and the velocity of the air stream also differs. The mounting and installation procedures may also vary with different types.
However, each type has its pros and cons.
The types of pass-thru are different in terms of size, model, and mode of working. However, the main and most popular types are
Energy-Saving DC Blower Cleanroom Air Shower
How Does the Interlock Technology Help in Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
The interlocking technology is Air Showers and Pass Thrus is beneficial for avoiding cross-contamination.
Filtered air is used to remove the contaminant particles and this air flows in a regular pattern.
Without the interlocking technology, the clean and contaminated air can mix and in this way, the concept of cleanroom, obtaining 100% cleanliness cannot be obtained.
Also, the interlocking technique allows additional security and safety. It locks on its own thus preventing the entry of other contaminants while one cycle is being processed.
It is also directly linked to the lighting thus indicating if the Air Showers and Pass Thrus are currently being used or not.
What are the Customization Options for Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
Air Showers and Pass Thrus can be customized according to the requirements of the application:
Some applications require a small unit while the others need bigger ones to accommodate greater material. Also, the location of the installation of the unit determines which size shall be chosen.
Not only the size but also the installation niche matters a lot. Consider if it is to be installed indoors or outdoors location would be favorable. Wall mounting and base mounting are also thought about.
Various filtration techniques can be implied to obtain filtered air. You can either use HEPA or ULPA filtration systems or any other conventional system.
Stainless steel is quite desirable but other construction materials have their perks. The objective is to obtain a sturdy and easy maintenance unit.
Automatic Interlocking System
It is a requirement because it helps to maintain cleanliness by preventing cross-contamination.
Other Filtration Methods
Other than HEPA and ULPA, you can opt for many advanced filtration systems like ionization filtration, etc. Pre-filters also increase efficiency.
Customized Cleanroom Pass Thru
What are the Benefits of Air Showers and Pass Thrus for your Cleanrooms?
Mentioned below are a few excellent benefits of Air Showers and Pass Thrus:
- You can get various sizes and configurations.
- The different types have their benefits however the most important is high efficiency.
- The surface particles on the clothing of the personnel or the surface of material entering a room are knocked off.
- HEPA filtration system ensures 99.99% cleanliness which eliminates the chance of contamination in the room.
- Easy interface allows you to adjust the number of blowers and the direction of the air stream according to your liking and requirements.
- It can accommodate more than one person and things at one time.
- The voltage requirement is quite reasonable.
- It comes in pre-made units that can be assembled easily thus easy installation and less consumption of time. You also don’t need any professional help in this regard.
- You can either mount it against the wall or set it on a pedestal at the entrance.
- LED lighting enables you to see clearly and it is coordinated with the sensor-based doors. Therefore cleanroom lighting is a necessary factor.
- Hands-free operation is allowed by a sensor-sensitive door system. It further reduces the chance of contamination through human hands.
- The HEPA Filter Box also increases efficiency.
Cleanroom Air Shower Automatic Door Closer
- There is no contamination from the external environment.
- The time consumed for the transport of materials is also reduced.
- It reduces the number of staff required to take materials from one room to another. Fewer people in the room leads to lesser contamination.
- It is made up of sturdy material and therefore lasts for many years.
- A Pass-through box deals with contamination such as viruses, bacteria, and fungi thus leading to complete sterilization. It also helps to get rid of bacterial spores which tend to regenerate when favorable conditions are obtained.
- The spread of infectious diseases and nosocomial infections can be prevented efficiently.
- A pass-thru is composed of 304 stainless steel with 8% nickel and 18% chromium metal. On the other hand, 316 stainless steel has 10% nickel and 16% chromium, and some amount of molybdenum.
- Its body is corrosion resistant and therefore it lasts for several years.
- An emergency alarm is helpful to indicate any mishap in the chamber.
- There are emergency lights as well, which indicate any hazard.
- The automatic door system is helpful in the prevention of cross-contamination.
- It comes with a user-friendly interface that can be adjusted according to the requirement. You can also operate it from a remote area.
What is the Role of HEPA and ULPA in Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
HEPA and ULPA filtration systems play a significant role in Air Showers and Pass Thrus.
When the worker enters the air shower clean room, the door closes automatically and the person is showered with streams of air.
HEPA filters are equipped with powerful jets that throw a stream of filtered air on the clothing surface of the worker.
The contaminant particles, despite their size and weight, are taken down due to the air pressure. The person can leave from the exit door which opens automatically once a cycle is complete.
One cycle lasts for 20 seconds and it can be adjusted from the microprocessor controls.
The same is the case with the pass-thru. The object is placed from the pass-through door and the filtration system is turned on once the door is closed.
The object remains there for some time and can be recovered after the cycle is complete.
Air Showers and Pass Thrus ULPA Filters
What are the Protocols of Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
The protocols of Air Showers and Pass Thrus are mentioned below:
- Do not handle these units without wearing gloves. Human touch can also be a source of contamination.
- Wear the complete kit including a gown, shoe covers, mask, and goggles.
- Avoid cosmetics, especially perfumes.
- Always wear comfortable clothes that are suitable to be worn in a cleanroom.
- Keep a check on all the personnel and materials entering and leaving the chamber. The lesser the entry, the lesser the contamination.
- Also, there should be limited people allowed to enter and operate these units.
- Any person who is already suffering from an infectious disease or even cough, flu, etc shall not be allowed to enter.
- Don’t take any eatables in the Air Showers and Pass Thrus with you. Eating and drinking are strictly prohibited as the pieces of food can attract insects and can be a source of fungal and bacterial growth.
What are the Accessories Used in Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
Air Showers and Pass Thrus can work even better by using some accessories. Some of these are mentioned below:
- SS Air Nozzles
- Emergency Stop Buttons
- Microprocessor Controller
- Vibration Controller
- High-Velocity Cleanroom Air Curtains
- Adjustable Air Shower Nozzles
- High-Velocity Air Shower Jets
A pass-thru has accessories like:
- Additional Filters
- Sources of UV Radiation
- LED Lighting
- Touch Sensors
- Light Sensors
Emergency Stop Button and LCD Display of Cleanroom Air Shower
What is the Operating Sequence Followed in Air Showers and Pass Thrus?
The operating sequence in Air Showers and Pass Thrus comprises various steps.
In air showers, there is a preprogrammed operating sequence. It cannot be obtained in conventional designs which have a fixed operating sequence as it has a modern and innovative approach.
One Way Operating Sequence
It allows one passage for the entry of the personnel in the air shower chamber. However, the person must not necessarily leave the room by passing through an air shower.
When not being used, the industrial sliding door on the cleanroom side is locked and the other one is unlocked.
Two Way and One Way Air Shower
The entry and exit of the person are done by passing through the air shower. There are sensors installed by the doors which indicate that the air shower is currently being used.
There is a time-sequenced control as well.
Two Way Air Shower
In this case, the air shower is activated from both sides. The person may use the controlled environment or may skip it by choice.
This type is helpful when it is important to egress the toxic substances such as pharmaceutical laboratories and animal research centers.
How to Select the Most Suitable Air Showers and Pass Thrus for your Cleanroom?
To select the most suitable Air Showers and Pass Thrus, you must take care of the following things:
Quality of Raw Material
The raw material used in the manufacturing of Air Showers and Pass Thrus shall be the authentic and best quality.
It will help in durability and reliability in the long run. It might cost some investment in the beginning but it pays off with time.
The design of Air Showers and Pass Thrus should be such that it is convenient to use. There shall be a user-friendly interface that can operate remotely and you don’t require a trained person for operating it.
There shall be no corners so that the particles don’t accumulate in the slits and corners.
The efficiency of Air Showers and Pass Thrus can be enhanced by using certain accessories and maintaining a stable electricity connection.
It can operate at its best only when all the installation essentials are fulfilled.
The maintenance shall also be convenient because lack of maintenance can lead to deterioration of the units and permanent damage.
It can either be done by the staff or professional services.
You must consider the price and the quality of both units. If the quality and other services like installation and maintenance are worth it, then it is a good investment.
It will save your time and money by avoiding contamination.
Before purchasing Air Showers and Pass Thrus, look for the reviews online and ask the people around you. It is better to have different opinions before purchasing such essential units.
Request the manufacturer to run the units through factory tests before delivering the order in case they don’t offer factory testing already.
With sufficient knowledge of the features, benefits, and working principles of Air Showers and Pass Thrus, you can increase the efficiency of manifolds.
Also, give due attention to the maintenance and regulation of these products so that the whole system keeps on working in harmony thus increasing efficiency and saving your money and time.
100% Quality Tested Air Showers and Pass Thrus